PDA

View Full Version : I Don't See Why Some Blacks Were Upset About Soul Plane Making Blacks Look Bad

CharlesJones
08-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Blacks that were upset with Soul Plane when it came out made too big of a deal about that movie making blacks look bad. It's just a movie people. Damn chill out. I saw Soul Plane and it was kinda funny and i wasn't tripping that the movie was gonna make blacks look bad. What ya'll fail to realize is that blacks like to laugh and they like seeing black comedy movies and they don't care how the characters make them look. How come i never hear whites complaining when white people act a damn fool in white comedy movies? For example, what about those Jackass movies that MTV puts out? When i saw Lottery Ticket last week, i saw previews for a new Jackass movie and it looks stupid but i'm sure whites that saw the other Jackass movies will go see this new one. Blacks always gotta voice their displeasure with black movies that they think make them look bad. Black comedy movies make more money than black drama movies and as long as black comedy movies get made, blacks are gonna continue to support them.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-25-2010, 11:50 AM
^it's not about looking bad to white people, you self-hating mook...it's about a lack of diversity in representation, and about the movies being intellectually insulting.

also, if you think that there are no white people complaining about the buffoonery in jackass, you're a bigger idiot than i thought.

CharlesJones
08-25-2010, 12:14 PM
LOL@i'm a self hating mook hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Thanks for calling me that. I do hate myself LOL. I'm sure there's some stuck up whites who have complained about Jackass movies and i know the whites in the Jackass movies don't care LOL.

IrOnMaN
08-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Charles, can't you see that movies like that only reinforce typical black stereotypes?

Hollywood is skeptical about making a black drama that's not filled with stereotypical nonsense like Lottery Ticket, Soul Plane, Barbershop, and Friday. Why? Because it probably won't make money. Personally, I HATE movies that display black stereotypes because I don't find them entertaining what's so ever.

Charles, you surprise me. You're constantly making threads regarding blacks and their ignorant behavior but then you're defending their stereotypical behavior behind a television screen. So, you hate "ignorant blacks" but you're praising their stereotypical behavior when you watch television for your own entertainment. Talk about being a first class hypocrite.

It seems to me that you're having serious problems with being black. That's something you should think about.

CharlesJones
08-25-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't have a problem with being black. I may sound like a hypocrite when i say i don't like ignorant blacks but i don't have a problem with them acting ignorant on tv and in movies. That is hypocritical to say and i apologize for that but i do like seeing blacks act ignorant onscreen. Ironman, movie companies know that black dramas don't make a lot of money and that's why a lot of them don't get made. If they do get made, they come straight to video. I made a point earlier about straight to video movies saying that blacks need to support black dramas that are straight to video instead of thinking that they're wack just because they didn't come to theatres. I've seen several black dramas that are straight to video and they're good. I can name some for you if you're interested. You should check out Codeblack movies website. They have several black dramas that are straight to video that are good. I got sent a booklet in the mail from them and i haven't ordered any movies from them yet but i will eventually. Codeblack is owned by a black guy i believe.

Tommy
08-25-2010, 12:47 PM
What do you all think of the 70's Blaxploitation films?

IrOnMaN
08-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I may sound like a hypocrite when i say i don't like ignorant blacks but i don't have a problem with them acting ignorant on tv and in movies. That is hypocritical to say and i apologize for that but i do like seeing blacks act ignorant onscreen.

Why is that?

beautifulrock
08-25-2010, 02:22 PM
^^^He doesn't like to see stereotypes of himself on film.

Is this what your existence is CJ? A constant social diatribe on skin color? Could anything be more irrelevant?

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-25-2010, 09:08 PM
charles jones only hates ignorant black people when they are intimidating and emasculating him in real life; on a television or movie screen, though---no problem!

Uncle Steezo
08-25-2010, 09:38 PM
the point is that the ignorant movies you love to watch actually influence black folks to either act that way or create an environment of acceptability for ignorant behavior. either way you you makin it harder for cats like yourself to get your chestnipples licked by crackwhores cause them hoes know ignant niggas got the tastiest nips.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s_FQyBVTqR4/S8IadLhdR0I/AAAAAAAAG8I/rUiTcW5inXM/s1600/uncle+ruckus.jpg

CharlesJones
08-26-2010, 10:03 AM
LOL@Pandemic hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your right Pandemic. I don't like ignorant black men dissing me but i shouldn't be tripping about that because i diss blacks too. I don't know why i like seeing ignorant black movies Ironman. I guess i find them entertaining. Tommy, i like some 70's black movies like Coffy and Bucktown with Pam Grier, Cooley High, Shaft.

Undiluted Karma
08-29-2010, 03:36 AM
Damn, I forgot I had Black Dynamite on my HD haha need to watch that.

TSA
08-29-2010, 10:34 AM
of course as a charles jones thread i dont feel this should be taken seriously, but god damn black people get suffocated in the media by their own kind i swear.

why does every display of anyone with black skin on tv have to be a positive or uplifting one? it's american entertainment, who gives a fuck. Which race looks intelligent on TV or movies anyways? what kind of retarded movie with soul planes budget would display intelligent people?

like jones said its entertaining, and that's all that matters. if someone watches a movie and decides that cause of this movie and nothing else black people are retarded and either speaking on preconceived notions or prejudice, or will think black people are retarded eventually cause clearly its not hard to convince them.
these people are themselves so ignorant that we shouldn't mold our movie industry, as black people, to fend ourselves from their fragile intellect and judgmental 'wraith'. u scared nigga?

same goes for anyone thats gonna think black ppl are kill cosby after watching the cosby show. 'good' or 'bad' images don't make a difference, ignorant ppl will be ignorant, all music and movies do is show them the vogue way of displaying the ignorance but if not show they will do it in the out of vogue way. regardless, it will be done.

we need to get off black peoples bozack cause the rest of america is on our bozack hard enough.

food for thought
08-29-2010, 12:56 PM
The problem is, because you and people like you want to act like a ignorant porch monkey, you are making it harder for me and people like me who want to live life in a racist ass country where i already get stereotyped enough.

you may want to laugh and get entertained by certain type of comedy but the fact is people base their opinions of people they dont know/understand with what they see on the idiot-box instead of their experience with these people.

and then when shit like katrina happens, youre gona stand on the roof with a "HELP US PLEASE" sign and wonder why you gets no lo-ve.

http://www.domingoyu.com/media/Image/ErykahBadu.jpg

the point is that the ignorant movies you love to watch actually influence black folks to either act that way or create an environment of acceptability for ignorant behavior. either way you you makin it harder for cats like yourself to get your chestnipples licked by crackwhores cause them hoes know ignant niggas got the tastiest nips.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s_FQyBVTqR4/S8IadLhdR0I/AAAAAAAAG8I/rUiTcW5inXM/s1600/uncle+ruckus.jpg

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I feel like at the end of the day black comedies aren't as funny as regular comedies. Therefore I think its racist to have these stereotype ridden low budget shit films. Its like what was it that motivated the creators to make a movie with nothing in it but two dimensional black characters with no plot and no depth at all.

I like a simple comedy with a whimsical plot, characters who are funny and relate-able, and plenty of surreal moments where you can't stop laughing. These black comedies never have that. They rely on ze exploitation of ze working class... er black people. They end up with a couple funny scenes and complete shit in between. They're half assed. I like movies where you can't stop laughing at all.

Here's how I see the race issue. Some blacks are porch monkeys and should be treated as such. Some whites are too and should be treated like crap also. However I'd never say anything against a person for being black. I just don't consider racial slurs "unacceptable" because nothing is unacceptable to me.

Sense-A
09-04-2010, 08:06 AM
LOL @ everyone in this thread mad about that movie

djskillz
09-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Personally I wasn't mad about soul plane being embarassing for black people. I was just mad it was a shitty movie. I would've asked for my money back but I didn't have to cause I had it on bootleg.

Undiluted Karma
09-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Black people, and people of all races are parodied in a wide range of media.

Getting butthurt over Soul Plane is no different than people getting butthurt over alot of the rap videos out, because they portray negative images about Afro Americans as well, which Is why I found it ludicrous the negative reaction to Soul Plane.

djskillz
09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
To me a bad movie is a bad movie. Regardless of whether they are exploiting negative stereotypes of a certain race.

Undiluted Karma
09-04-2010, 10:24 AM
^Of course but alot of people on this board didn't like the movie because of its negative stereotypes

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-04-2010, 10:24 AM
I think it makes it far worse if its shitty than if they exploit stereotypes to make a funny movie.

Its like Jewsploitation movies are kind of funny. Blacksploitation aren't. Brosploitation are the shit.

djskillz
09-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Nah anything can be funny if it's in good taste and handled properly with good writing.

Undiluted Karma
09-04-2010, 10:33 AM
^yep

Undiluted Karma
09-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Off topic, but 30 Rock i initially liked, but then half the time its uses crappy racial jokes to carry the show, quite often I find it in bad taste.

As skillz said "good taste and handled properly with good writing." was the opposite of 30 Rock. I can't stand the main character woman either.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
09-04-2010, 11:51 AM
To be fair, I have been on countless airplanes full of black people, and I found Soul Plane to a shockingly accurate portrayal.

Sense-A
09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
snakes on a plane might have been worse than soul plane. At least in soul plane you can get a few cheap laughs.

One of the funniest movies with an airplane setting is AIRPLANE!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/vngdh/airplane-movie.jpghttp://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/airplane1.jpg

A parody of a terrorist. They parody a couple black guys jive talking in this movie. But that is what comedy is about. Parodies and mocking people and the comedian playing those roles. It's innocent humor and it gets laughs. If you don't like it, don't pay to see the movie. Protest shit with your money. If you don't have money, then I guess you're just boycotting everything aren't you?

And it is true, I've never seen a black man fly a plane.