PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Producer/MC Album

Jin10304
08-25-2010, 07:00 PM
So coming very soon are the nearest releases of Meta-Historical & Kill Devil Hills, then September is Monumental & finally in October 199-Now. Which one are you guys really waiting for & why?

Meta-Historical is taking one of the best MC's and putting him on a album completely laced by Wu-Tang's own Tru Master. Mixed with old school & Wu-Tang tracks, Tru is sure to give KRS what he needs on this project.

Kill Devil Hills is the 4th album in Muggs VS Series and has chosen Ill Bill as the next MC to collaborate with. Its very similar in the vein of Legend w/ Sick Jacken with production and conspiracy raps, Muggs seems to have the best drums out of all the VS Series IMO.

Pete Rock & Smif n Wessun are planning "Monumental" this coming month. Its been years since Pete has fully produced another MC, or MC's for that matter, album (last being 7 outta 10 tracks on Ed OG). But both members have dropped great solo projects so lyrically wont be disappointing, we'll see what kinda sound Pete give the Bucktown boys.

Buckwild & Celph Titled have the most interesting project. Celph rapping over 1994/1995 unheard Buckwild beats? Yall know what kinda MONSTER he was during this period? Check out the the 2 singles out now, 90's beats over 2010 rhymes, ill concept

Tecknowledgist
08-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Monumental is going to be batshit crazy, Steele is an animal these days and it'll be great to hear him and Tek over some real vintage hip-hop shit.

Nineteen Ninety Now is gonna be nuts too, I'm a big AOTP fan and I'm used to hearing Celph over hardcore underground beats, so it's going to be interesting to hear dude rhyming over classic, more laid-back Buckwild beats from the nineties, I think that's a dope concept.

Kill Devil Hills is coming in the mail on vinyl, no way I was gonna miss that shit!!

Any of these ideas are usually a good thing, it's not often you hear rap albums produced entirely by a single producer these days (unless that's the entire premise of the album). It gives it a cohesion you don't hear very often anymore.

In the same vein, I think the next Jedi Mind Tricks album is going to be one of their best. Stoupe has shown alot of growth as a producer (unmatched perhaps) with his Dutch project and Vinnie was really beastin' on his solo album. When you take into account that they now have their own indie label and have complete creative control of their music for the first time since Violent By Design, it's hard to not get excited about it.

Mr. R&B
08-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Seeing as I've already experienced the mind-fuck that is Kill Devil Hills, my next most anticipated collab album is Nineteen-Ninety-Now...

I really think Celph is gonna show out on this album.

I can't wait.

DUMBO
08-25-2010, 08:08 PM
this thread is missing the obvious dope shit. krs one and show. everything on the promo sounded ill.

Jin10304
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Yeah but KRS sometimes works incredibly slow on projects, we still havent heard shit about Return of the Boom Bip

Southern Solja
08-26-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm also waiting for....

Cole World-J.Cole

Lasers-Lupe Fiasco