PDA

View Full Version : claaa7 presents KRS-ONE - "Maximum Strength" (c7's take, 99 edition)

claaa7
08-26-2010, 11:09 AM
KRS-One "MAXIMUM STRENGTH" ('99) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=URZY828R)
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9887/s2818386.jpg
1. "5 Boroughs" (Ft. Vigilante, Buckshot, Keith Murray, Camíron, Bounty Killer, Killah Priest, Prodigy, Redman & Rev Run) *
2. "For Example"
3. "Warning Shot (Clap Em)" *
4. "Boogie Down (Rock On/Better Run)" (Ft. Wyclef Jean) *
5. "Tell The Devil HA"
6. "No Satisfaction" *
7. "Protect Yourself (Ghetto Lifestyle)" *
8. "I Will Make It" (OG Mix)
9. "Yea Yea Yeah" (Ft. The Outsidaz) *
10. "Bring it to the Cypher" (Ft. Truck Turner)
11. "Aquarius" (Ft. Courtney Terry)
12. "Let It Flow, Do What You Know" *
13. "No Wack DJ's"
14. "Temple Tactics" *
15. "Purified (Acapella)" *

in celebration of the greatest MC of all time, KRS-One, a.ka. 'i am Hip-Hop', collaboration with one of the illest producers, and definitely the most underrated vintage beatmaker in True Master, i felt it was only right to hit you up with something that alot of people would probably kill for lol.

after the death of Scott La Rock in 1988, KRS-One's partner in the duo Boogie Down Productions and releasing the timeless classic "Criminal Minded" on B-Boy Records in 1987. The album is hailed as one of the best and most original hip-hop LP's ever recorded. After the debut and La Roch's tragic death, KRS-One continued releasing albums still under the moniker of Boogie Down Productions on Jive Records, While it partly was a group effort, "Sex & Violence" in 1992 and "Edutainment" in 1991was considered by many to be masterpieces that worked as B.D.P.'s final albums. KRS-One touches on a wide array of topics on these albums that 95% of rappers wouldn' even dare to ventilate. He speaks on underrage girl trying to lure men thinking they are older than them, only to keep her father who's a police-chief turning up at the door only to try to seduce Kris hahah.

After 5 BDP albums on Jive Enter 1993 and "Return Of The Boom Bap", the first album KRS-One released under his own name which also allow him to use outside producers (DJ Premier, Showbiz, KRS-One and Kid Capri). 1995 and 1997 saw Kris release "KRS-One" and "I Got Next" respectively. two dope albums in in it's own right, Kris rocking mics over beats from DJ Premier, Diamond D, Showbiz, KRS-One, Jesse Wesst, DJ Muggs and even Puff Daddy/Stevie J. His contract on Jive was for releasing 10 albums, 6 BDP, 3 KRS-One solos and then..... "MAXIMUM STRENGTH". The album was eventually shelved for some reason despite a double A-side 12" single was released in promotion for the forthcoming album.

after the album got scrapped KRS-One pressed up a gang of white label 12" releases on his Front Page Entertainment recorded between 1998-1999 that might very well been recorded for the album. In 2008 a tracklisting for the original "Maximum Strength" was released but because of legal issues the album was switched to "Maximum Strength 2008", a totally different LP which was far from as good. Since i'm a huuuge fan of Kris work this was kinda like the holy grail for me (lol), and i became almost obsessive in putting together what this album might have very well supposed to sound like. I struggled my ass off to found information and these tracks so give me some rep. There's 15 tracks in total and about 9-10 of the tracks was 100% recorded for "Maximum Strength", some remains unreleased, Malcolm McLauren included a song on her compilation and alot of the white label joints was released on the D.I.G.I.T.A.L. compilation.

"Bring it to the Cypher" is a song i'm not sure would've ended up on "Maximum Strength" but it's such a dope track not to include it. KRS-One and Truck Turner ripping in an ill DJ Premier beat that was recorded between '98 and '99. "Aquarius" is another unknown song that Showbiz produced for Kris in like '98-99 and other dope producers include the Domingo produced "Warning Shot" and "Temple Tactics".

This album should've closed KRS's obligations with Jive Records and would've been a great album that would be memored in the same vein as "I Got Next". I probably bumped this 10 times front-to-back already since i first started fucking with it. Scroll down, ENJOY this shit and TURN IT UP!!

MaskedAvenger
08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Ooooooo shit! This is going to be dope!

claaa7
08-26-2010, 11:15 AM
KRS-One "MAXIMUM STRENGTH" ('99) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=URZY828R)
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9887/s2818386.jpg
1. "5 Boroughs" (Ft. Vigilante, Buckshot, Keith Murray, Camíron, Bounty Killer, Killah Priest, Prodigy, Redman & Rev Run) *
2. "For Example"
3. "Warning Shot (Clap Em)" *
4. "Boogie Down (Rock On/Better Run)" (Ft. Wyclef Jean) *
5. "Tell The Devil HA"
6. "No Satisfaction" *
7. "Protect Yourself (Ghetto Lifestyle)" *
8. "I Will Make It" (OG Mix)
9. "Yea Yea Yeah" (Ft. The Outsidaz) *
10. "Bring it to the Cypher" (Ft. Truck Turner(
11. "Aquarius" (Ft. Courtney Terry)
12. "Let It Flow, Do What You Know" *
13. "No Wack DJ's"
14. "Temple Tactics" *
15. "Purified (Acapella)" *

CharlesJones
08-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Claaa7, burn this for me and i'll pay you because i've been trying to get my hands on unreleased version of Maximum Strength that should've came out 11 years ago. I was kinda skeptical about Maximum Strength album that came out 2 years ago because when i saw the tracklisting, i noticed the songs on there aren't the ones i saw 11 years ago. 5 Boroughs song i've heard already because it's on The Corruptor soundtrack. The video is tight too.

THE MASON
08-26-2010, 11:51 AM
DOPE

thanks again Claaa7, this definitely a good look before the release of Meta Historical. i remember downloading that 5 Boroughs tracks a while back and thought it was dope, im sure all these are in the same vein as that one

CharlesJones
08-26-2010, 11:59 AM
LOL@Jive records taking KRS One's album cover picture for Maximum Strength and putting it on his greatest hits album cover hahahahahahaha.

claaa7
08-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Claaa7, burn this for me and i'll pay you because i've been trying to get my hands on unreleased version of Maximum Strength that should've came out 11 years ago. I was kinda skeptical about Maximum Strength album that came out 2 years ago because when i saw the tracklisting, i noticed the songs on there aren't the ones i saw 11 years ago. 5 Boroughs song i've heard already because it's on The Corruptor soundtrack. The video is tight too.

i actually had you in mind when i was putting together this version of "Maximum Strength", and i would love to get you to hear it. sure i can burn it for you, but how do we do with the payment?

claaa7
08-26-2010, 12:44 PM

i actually had you in mind when i was putting together this version of "Maximum Strength", and i would love to get you to hear it. sure i can burn it for you, but how do we do with the payment?

CharlesJones
08-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I just sent you a pm message.

War and Peace
08-26-2010, 03:24 PM
props homes!

claaa7
08-28-2010, 03:29 PM
bump

CharlesJones
08-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Claaa7, did you read my pm message today?

Undiluted Karma
08-28-2010, 04:59 PM

go with Paypal

Durag
08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Just downloading now major props again Claaa, really looking foward to listening to this

Frank Sobotka
08-29-2010, 09:33 AM
CLaa7, can you make an index of all your compilations?

Chambers
08-29-2010, 09:55 AM
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

WTF???

King Tron 1
08-29-2010, 09:59 AM
shit i guess so many people grabbin this cuz I keep gettin this message:
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable"

I do listen to KRS, but I don't like his ego talkin like he's the personification of hip hop and the only who could make that claim. Like when he's being interviewed he's all "right now I'm speaking for the culture" and shit. But not many could/would argue

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-29-2010, 10:42 AM
props Claaa7, this shit is fire

Jragonsoul
08-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks Claa7 KRS-ONE is one of my favorite MCs.

Headcase
08-31-2010, 01:10 PM
The original link no longer works... is there any way we can get a re-up? I'd really like to hear this.

claaa7
09-01-2010, 03:49 AM
i tried it so many times, (5 seconds ago the last time) and it does WORK. if it says the file is temporarily unavailable try again later. it happens to me sometimes too when i try to download from megaupload, just wait.

food for thought
09-01-2010, 03:52 AM
use MEDIAFIRE next time bro.

lets make it a movement bro chea.

claaa7
09-01-2010, 03:57 AM
yeah i use mediafire alot too, problem is that if the file is around 95+ mb it won't upload at all there. this would go there tho so if anyone got it from the Mega site feel free to upload it there.

CharlesJones
09-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Claaa7, i'm gonna send you the money in 3 weeks. Thanks man. I really appreciate this.

Rame
09-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Props!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-04-2010, 12:54 PM
again Claaa7 good look bro

pmack215
09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
WHERE is the link?

Rame
09-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Above the cover.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=URZY828R

claaa7
09-10-2010, 08:07 AM
so what y'all think about this album if you had the time to listen to it?
personally i think this is one of my best compilations yet, i mean i had an original tracklist to go by but not all the tracks that's on this are on that and there were alot of material released on white labels by KRS in between '97 and 2000 that could've been recorded for the album. so there was alot of thought on what should be on here and what songs i felt was most likely to have been intended for the LP and then sequence it right.

i've been bumping this front-to-back alot, to me this is better than the majority of the albums KRS-One dropped since. too bad the sound quality on some bangers like "Yeah Yeah Yeah", "Warning Shot" and "No Satisfaction" sounds like cassette rips but either way they are listenable and are the full songs with no DJ shouts or whatever.

THE MASON
09-10-2010, 09:10 AM
id say this is up there with the Black Thought comp. you did recently too.

this is defintiely some of KRS best material, this is how i would want the album to sound. but ya, this is definitely one of your best works Claaa7, you can tell a lot of thought went into the arrangement. KRS being one of my favourite artists i appreciated the effort put into this.

claaa7
09-10-2010, 09:48 AM
thx for the feedback, glad you're feeling it!

CharlesJones
09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm gonna send you the money October 9th for the KRS One Maximum Strength album Claaa7. I also want that other KRS mixtape you was telling me about that got some unreleased joints by him. 5 Boroughs song he did is tight. I like all the rappers lyrics on there. Run of Run DMC made me laugh when he was rapping fast.

claaa7
09-11-2010, 12:36 PM
^ ok sounds good CJ, i'm sure you will enjoy the KRS mixes - it's alot of underground stuff and guest spots he did between 1992 and 2000 mainly. full songs only, no dj shouts either.

btw, whatever happened to that rapper KAM who was on the "5 Boroughs" track. he used to be on every soundtrack and posse cuts around 1997-1999 but then just vanished.

CharlesJones
09-11-2010, 12:49 PM
You talking about Kam who was produced by Ice Cube on his first album Neva Again? He didn't rap on 5 Boroughs. You got him confused with Camron.

CharlesJones
09-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Camron calls himself Cam sometimes and he said that on 5 Boroughs. Claaa7, did you read the last pm message i sent you? Ya'll should hear KRS One's Ah Yeah and Perhaps She'll Die songs if you haven't heard them because those songs are hard. Ah Yeah is on Pump Ya Fist soundtrack and it's also on his self titled album that came out in 1995 but i like the version on Pump Ya Fist better. Perhaps She'll Die is on Dangerous Ground soundtrack. Dangerous Ground movie is with Ice Cube, Elizabeth Hurley, Ving Rhames and that's a good movie. Keith Murray did a song called Dangerous Ground that's on the soundtrack and it's also on his Enigma album. That's a tight song. L.O.D. rapped on there with him.

claaa7
09-11-2010, 01:17 PM
^ yeah you're right, it's Cam'ron that's on here. i was mixing it up with the track that was on the "Bullworth" soundtrack with KRS, Method Man and KAM, have you heard that? i haven't tooken the time to reply to your message but i read it, and i agree with you about "Ah Yeah", that track is ill, i need to check the version on "Pump Ya Fist" but the one on his self-titled LP plus two remixes that Diamond D did for that song which bangs. i don't think i heard "Perhaps She'll Die" but i remember the Keith Murray track, great shit!

CharlesJones
09-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah i heard the KRS, Method Man, Kam song on Bulworth soundtrack. Kam is a good rapper. Too bad he disappeared. Last i heard he signed with rapper Paris's record label Guerrilla Funk. He hasn't had a album out in 9 years because Kamnesia was his last album and it sucks LOL. Claaa7, check out his first album Neva Again. I think you'll like it. He did a 2nd album called Made In America. I heard it but i don't remember it that much because it's been a long time since i've heard it. He also did a song on Boyz N The Hood soundtrack called Every Single Weekend which bangs. I was listening to that yesterday. He also rapped on a song with Erick Sermon and Ice Cube called The Ill Shit which is tight and it's on Erick's No Pressure album. He also rapped on Ice Cube's Color Blind song on Ice Cube's Death Certificate album and he rapped on MC Ren's Shock Of The Hour song on MC Ren's Shock Of The Hour album. Check out those songs too Claaa7.

JASPER BEARDLY
12-04-2010, 06:57 PM
yo this mix is great good looks man

claaa7
12-04-2010, 07:02 PM
^ peace, check out the blog http://claaa7.blogspot.com, just started but it will have all these compilations/alternative takes on albums/unreleased shit, etc. eventually.

CharlesJones
12-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Claaa7, i'm gonna send you the money for real at the end of December for KRS One's Maximum Strength album. Some stuff has came up and i had to pay some bills and that's why i haven't sent you the money yet.

claaa7
12-11-2010, 02:26 PM
^ no problem man, let me know when you send them and when you do send me a PM of everything you want me to burn.