PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me Recording Software

TSA
08-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Everyone is saying PROToulz.

but, unless you have a means for me to dl the mothr fuckr for free, what's the best option between

cool edit pro
abode audition
and
acid pro 7

?!?

cutn' heads
08-26-2010, 02:36 PM
why you gotta be so poor? i had cool edit for a bit but it was a trial and the shit ran out...

TSA
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
so what are your thoughts on it, it's what my brother uses and its good but im wondering if there's better

cutn' heads
08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
it was functional. there wasnt really much to it and i haven't tried the others... if you wanna be serious, i suggest you buy software... you can get a no frills beginners pro tools set for under $100...

Professor Poopsnagle
08-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Are you just going to record your voice or do you want to record music too? If you're gonna pirate it, just get FL Studio 'cause it has everything and is easy to use.

cutn' heads
08-26-2010, 02:56 PM
i thought FL was just production software?

TSA
08-26-2010, 03:02 PM
im going to record my voice, on songs
idk though, might buy it.
and yeah you can record voice on FL.

in the end i dont think it matters what the equipment is, so long as your mic mixer and sound card are on point.

i just dont like cooledit cause you can't save in the middle of a song without create 400 files

SKAMPOE
08-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Everyone is saying PROToulz.

but, unless you have a means for me to dl the mothr fuckr for free, what's the best option between

cool edit pro
abode audition
and
acid pro 7

?!?
yo man if u heard ma recent vocals u see ma shits is quality sound, so i will tell u wat i use to make all these bangers

i use a trial version of MIX CRAFT 3, and a BLUsnoball condense usb mic...

less than 2 hunnit dollaz^ thats whut i use,

peep this accapella so u can see how PRO soundin ma shit is,

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8962135

this is old n shit still sounds fresh... what im rly tryna say is it all comes doen to ur mixing game n eq... u can record a whole lp with a karreokee machine but if u know how to mix u can rock it nicely....

this is where i do all my recording and mixing and shit, all in a one stop software

http://www.the-dj-equipment-guide.com/image-files/mixcraft3.jpg (http://www.dpbolvw.net/tm80nowksv9CCIBFGA9BAEDFDJJ)

this is ma mic

simple plug n play
usb
condenser
its all u will ever need

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/blue_snowpack.jpg

PEACE

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/skampoe/26964_115256685156333_1000001600-1.jpg

Uncle Steezo
08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
back in the day i used to use audacity which is free and is prolly THE best freeware package.

now i just use garage band. but thats for mac.

just go dl audacity and play wit it.

MENES
08-26-2010, 04:55 PM
garageband +1 , yo fox you fuckin wit 09?

Undiluted Karma
08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
when you record tsa you should record in igbo and english together that would be dope

TSA
08-26-2010, 07:32 PM
^lol, yea i'll be doing that
back in the day i used to use audacity which is free and is prolly THE best freeware package.

now i just use garage band. but thats for mac.

just go dl audacity and play wit it.
i've had audacity for some time, my brother uses it for certain effects, it's kinda weak but i great for being free to begin with.

TSA
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
i have experience with acid pro, though i've never really 'mastered' it. i was just able to do the basics and a little mixing.

audacity, and a drop of cool edit pro

Uncle Steezo
08-26-2010, 09:28 PM
menes- yeah i got 09. i just learned how to create autotune fx on it. look for it on my next track lol.

cubase is good too but i had cubase3 and it was 2004

really tsa, its all about the post production. i don't even use a microphone.lol i spit directly into my built in laptop mic and clean it up afterwards. if you have a descent mic and one of the progs listed here, you got all you need.

for your purposes you are good. when you want to get really serious then you go buy some studio time. in atl, which has a million studios you can get it for $25/hr. idk what the rates are in lincoln but you shouldn't pay more than 50/hr.

just practice your shit, record it and listen to it. then you won't waste time in the studio. go in and do like 3 trax an hour.

SKAMPOE
08-26-2010, 11:13 PM
when you record tsa you should record in igbo and english together that would be dope
hahahaha Engbo or Iglish

SKAMPOE
08-26-2010, 11:17 PM
menes- yeah i got 09. i just learned how to create autotune fx on it. look for it on my next track lol.

cubase is good too but i had cubase3 and it was 2004

really tsa, its all about the post production. i don't even use a microphone.lol i spit directly into my built in laptop mic and clean it up afterwards. if you have a descent mic and one of the progs listed here, you got all you need.

for your purposes you are good. when you want to get really serious then you go buy some studio time. in atl, which has a million studios you can get it for $25/hr. idk what the rates are in lincoln but you shouldn't pay more than 50/hr.

just practice your shit, record it and listen to it. then you won't waste time in the studio. go in and do like 3 trax an hour.
jig has cubase, ionno whut version tho, he got the fuckin ill mics too

LoTec
08-27-2010, 08:44 PM
What do yall think about multi-track recorders? That would be a cheaper route for me cuz Id probly have to buy a new computer to record on other wise.