PDA

View Full Version : RZA has got to be the greatest rapper/producer ever.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
08-31-2010, 04:35 AM
Yo, yo, The Riddler, funny bone tickler, freak Caligula
Bigger dick sex enigma pistol fertilize your stigma
Stinkbox, order from pink dot
MC's get stuck on ink blots as I plug to the sinkbox
Wu-Tang Incorp. take your brain on spacewalk

- Reunited

Thats fucking ill.

Undiluted Karma
08-31-2010, 05:42 AM
hes my top 5 rappers atm,

favourite producer

then comes Stoupe, and then probably 4th Disciple

djskillz
08-31-2010, 05:57 AM
at the moment the best rapper/producer is Black Milk. Probably a few good ones I'm forgetting.

Undiluted Karma
08-31-2010, 06:01 AM
^I like his drums

Krimewave
08-31-2010, 06:05 AM
His verse on 4th Chamber is one of the best ever...

Undiluted Karma
08-31-2010, 06:11 AM
^I loved that whole song, one of RZA and KP's best verses along with GZA too. Wasn't feeling Ghost's verse at all though.

djskillz
08-31-2010, 06:58 AM
^for real?

why is the sky blue? why is water wet? why did Judas rat to romans while Jesus slept? stand up, you outta luck like two dogs stuck, ironman be sippin rum outta stanley cups, unflameable, noreaga aimin nozzles, stays windy in chicago, spine tingle, mind boggles, kangols in rainbow colors, promoters try'na hold dough, give me mine before bo wrap you up in so and so, i ran the dark ages, Constantine the Great, Henry the VIII, built with Genghis Khan, the red suede wally don

WooHa
08-31-2010, 07:19 AM
He is probably the best
Black Milk, Godfather Don and Madlib/Quasimoto are some of the best, too.

Watch out for SkuF'L.

djskillz
08-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Madlib's an okay rapper. Nothing special. I'll listen to Quasimoto for the beats.

Undiluted Karma
08-31-2010, 07:24 AM
^for real?

why is the sky blue? why is water wet? why did Judas rat to romans while Jesus slept? stand up, you outta luck like two dogs stuck, ironman be sippin rum outta stanley cups, unflameable, noreaga aimin nozzles, stays windy in chicago, spine tingle, mind boggles, kangols in rainbow colors, promoters try'na hold dough, give me mine before bo wrap you up in so and so, i ran the dark ages, Constantine the Great, Henry the VIII, built with Genghis Khan, the red suede wally don

Haha you didnt have to quote the verse but I've got the same reaction from other people, just didnt like the verse

djskillz
08-31-2010, 07:26 AM
i was actually gonna quote just the beginning but i started saying the verse as i typed it and i couldnt stop typing lol.

Frank Sobotka
08-31-2010, 07:41 AM
Probably.

Quik & Havoc are up there though

djskillz
08-31-2010, 07:45 AM
^I knew there were a couple I was forgetting. DJ Quik is in my top 10 producers of all time and he's always been nice on the mic. Same goes for Havoc.

Undiluted Karma
08-31-2010, 07:46 AM
i was actually gonna quote just the beginning but i started saying the verse as i typed it and i couldnt stop typing lol.
yeah i know what you mean lol

Po1ites91
08-31-2010, 10:20 AM
i honestly can never get into RZA as a rapper tbh. Lyrically hes a monster but i cant get past his voice and flow for a whole album. I love em on all the wu joints but i cant listen to his solo albums

King Tron 1
08-31-2010, 10:26 AM
can't forget about erick sermon

djskillz
08-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Bobby Digital is a classic. took me a few years to get into but I love it now. Other than that I don't really fuck wit RZA solos to be honest. I tried for the longest but I gave up on that shit. Don't get me wrong though each album has a few tracks that are bangin but as a whole album I can't really fuck wit it.

djskillz
08-31-2010, 10:27 AM
can't forget about erick sermon

can't believe i forgot about erick sermon

King Tron 1
08-31-2010, 10:28 AM
and then there's DOOM

djskillz
08-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Okay my list so far (in no order)

RZA
DJ Quik
Havoc
Erick Sermon
MF Doom
Black Milk
Lord Finesse

King Tron 1
08-31-2010, 10:32 AM
and lord finesse...

King Tron 1
08-31-2010, 10:36 AM
me personally would also add both El-P & Casual from Hiero, but that's just me

King Tron 1
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
me personally would also add both El-P & Casual from Hiero, but that's just me

and I would probably finish off the list with Masta Ace, Lil' Fame/Fizzy Womack, Diamond D, & Prince Po/Pharoahe Monch/Organized Konfusion.

maybe Agallah, Alchemist, & Q-Tip

and to add some wu, Bronze Nazareth

djskillz
08-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Q-Tip's definitely gotta be up there, Alchemist is a good producer but he's not that great on the mic, I forgot that Masta Ace produced, he's up there for sure, same with Lil Fame. Diamond D has to be up there too.

Frank Sobotka
08-31-2010, 12:34 PM
I notice that amazing producers who are mediocre rappers get less credit then amazing rappers who are mediocre producers.

Sunz of Man
08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Pete Rock holds his own on half man-half amazing. not the greatest rapper, but not bad

Undiluted Karma
08-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Pete Rock holds his own on half man-half amazing. not the greatest rapper, but not bad

Yeah he's decent.

"Got more bars than Alcatraz"

angry!
08-31-2010, 12:59 PM
RZA has countless classics under his belt... sheer volume working in the threadstarters favor!!!!!!!!!!!!

but q-tip... havoc.... sermon.... they in there!!!!!!!!

dj quick... hes up there!!!!!!! quik is a boss on the mic... always was!!!!!!!!!!!

and 2 niggas that dont get the proper respect for their skills on the wheels....

RAKIM and KRS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rakim exposes the shit out of eric b on a regular basis at live shows when he works the tables, and KRS has laid the pulse for many classic albums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can say it was just loopin records, but the flavor in the flip... timeless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lord finnesse too... that nigga is a monster on the decks, and a revolutionary emcee!!!!!!!!!

i always get a laugh outta niggas knockin RZA emcee'n... nobody sounds like RZA, nobody will, and nobody can!!!!!!!!!!! peep 9th prince solo discography for validation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vocabulary, stylings, energy, concepts, RZA was/and still is an assassin lyrically!!!!!!!!!!!

sermon way up there for me... that nigga gave birth to so many emcees/producers style!!!!!!!!!!

its tough to get a balance...

redman got bangers... red probably got beats from the 90's thatd peel your wig that well never heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as far as right now...

i dont think anybody fuckin with DOOM... hes a monster on the boards, monster on the mic, i wanna hear DOOM lace himself again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

special herbs boxset one of the best album packages out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also wanna acknowledge eminem... he gets knocked for his production... but hes laced classics... and he detonates bombs on his beats!!!!!!!!!!!

plus slim produced the best 2pac/biggie track post death IMO... RUNNIN is classic, and everyone knows it!!!!!!! pretty much produced eminem show in full... he got his own style, mechanical, skeletal, electric, deep bass, up tempo, hes dropped tin can beats (loyal to the game) and laced classic tracks (renegade, lose yourself, till i collapse, the way i am etc)

djskillz
08-31-2010, 01:31 PM
lol I forgot that Redman produces/DJs

Poison Flowerz!
08-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Mf doom
rza
erick sermon

Tommy
08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
i also wanna acknowledge eminem... he gets knocked for his production... but hes laced classics... and he detonates bombs on his beats!!!!!!!!!!!

he got his own style, mechanical, skeletal, electric, deep bass, up tempo, hes dropped tin can beats (loyal to the game) and laced classic tracks (renegade, lose yourself, till i collapse, the way i am etc)

I'm gonna agree with that. Eminem is far from my favourite producer, but every now and then he'll lace a classic. These two Jay cuts for example:

hKyW1RsPbtw
L92dYzBGBHk

De La don't get enough look in either. Yeah, I admit, they're no Prince Paul's behind the boards, but then again who is? However, they still put out plenty of heaters:

lgaRjBXi1NY&feature=related
avIqTrX2eac

Major props to the RZA, though.

Tommy
08-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Oh, and Ghostface has produced a few tracks in his time so can't forget about him.

Southern Solja
08-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Yall forgot about Dre?

And don't forget bout my main man J.Cole!

Produced just bout everything on the warm-up, and his single Who Dat.

copywrite
08-31-2010, 05:30 PM
No mention of Large Professor?

Shit, he might be a better rapper than a producer and he's a monster at both.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-31-2010, 05:36 PM
The old Eminem & Necro point.

And I'd say :

The Rza
MF DOOM

As far as mastering both elements.

Sunz of Man
08-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Jeru the Damaja has produced a few gems, and he can definitely wreck the mic

spiggity_ace
08-31-2010, 05:40 PM
i hear eminem never realy made his own beats but
yea rza is the best
necro would be 2nd for me then q tip pete rock, havoc so on and so forth

o just a side note i always thought if prince paul picked up a mic he would be ill, but i never herd him rapping

food for thought
08-31-2010, 05:56 PM
there are alot of good mentions here but

i dont think there is an individual as talented as RZA both as a mc and producer.

his lyricism is impeccable and imo hes one of the best lyricist ever. his penmanship on gravediggaz 6 feet deep is fucking ridiculous. his producing is legendary, innovative, and influential.

so i agree with the threadstarter.

copywrite
08-31-2010, 06:42 PM
I can't believe people are saying Necro. His beats are dope, but he's a fucking horrible rapper.

trinking
08-31-2010, 07:44 PM
at the moment...the best rapper/producer is black milk..hands down.. if you can listen to necro he's up there too. DOOM of course. like i said though, at THIS moment..not all time by any means

i heard kno of cunnilynguists is comin out with his own lp, is that true?

trinking
08-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Yall forgot about Dre?

ghost writers don't count as the actual emcee himself

Prolifical ENG
08-31-2010, 07:50 PM

Also on "The Creator" on the All Souled Out EP.

Yall forgot about Dre?

I was checkin for this mention as I read through the posts.

djskillz
08-31-2010, 08:02 PM
i heard kno of cunnilynguists is comin out with his own lp, is that true?

yea but i dunno if he's gonna be rapping on it or if it's gonna be full of other emcees. he definitely needs to be added to the list though.

fatboybrandon
08-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Yall forgot about Dre?

I don't really count Dr Dre because he been known to have a number of people writing for him, from The D.O.C. to Royce, Jay-Z and others. I give him alot credit though for the way he's able to match the writing with outstanding production and songwriting.

I agree about RZA, his combo of lyrics and beats is one of the best ever, it seems like he really showed what he's capable of in that regard on the 1st & 2nd Bobby Digital albums.

I agree with Eminem as angry! said, I'm sure people will look back years from now and appreciate it more once he's not so much in the media spotlight and can reflect on the long term contributions.

Bobby Budknickers
08-31-2010, 10:53 PM
rza definitely the best combo
his voice and flow aren't the goat, but lyrically he's been on point a ton of times

what about sick jacken...

did he or did he not produce a lot of the beats on the war story albums?

if so, then throw his name into the mix, because beats are dope

dj paul and juicy j
fredro produced some of onyx's dopest
havoc

djskillz
08-31-2010, 11:55 PM
^Paul & Juicy are two of the best producers of all time but I wouldnt put Juicy on the list. Paul was alot better lyrically back in the 90s but Juicy's always been sort of hit or miss. They're both a million times better than Crunchy Black though.