PDA

View Full Version : The word 'N' in rap.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
08-31-2010, 07:03 AM
Well, i have always been confused. Why can Latino's use the word 'nigga' in there hip hop music? Do they have like a long distance relationship with african people or, i never really understood it. Can someone please explain it to me?

If someone say like Jay Sean used the word 'n', would it be considered offensive cuz he's actually part of a dark skinned background?

Edgar Erebus
08-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Well, it seems that anyone except us whites can say nigger.

Rame
08-31-2010, 07:08 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger

djskillz
08-31-2010, 07:13 AM
Alot of latino people (people from the caribbean in general really) have a mixed background. Alot of them acknowledge their african ancestry. Personally I don't really think it gives you a "right" to say nigga. But it's not that big a deal to me. This is like the umpteenth thread discussing this topic.

Undiluted Karma
08-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Alot of people of Latino/Caribbean ancestry have some african in them, so I suppose thats why blacks arent bothered alot of them use it. I don;'t see why non black people feel the need to say it alot though, if your white or dont have an african background I dont see why its such a temptation to say it.

i dont think theres anything wrong with saying the word when rapping along to a song with nigga in it though.

djskillz
08-31-2010, 07:22 AM
ya'll aint seen this video?

zRbc3mIXIDU

Frank Sobotka
08-31-2010, 07:27 AM
Don't forget desert rats.
We The Best!

djskillz
08-31-2010, 07:29 AM
Don't forget desert rats.
We The Best!

lol I'm still surprised he hasn't gotten his ass kicked for that.

Undiluted Karma
08-31-2010, 07:33 AM
ya'll aint seen this video?

zRbc3mIXIDU
^The shame on a nigga point Ruck made is is my belief like if your gonna listen to a song with the n word i dont think theres anything bad in rapping along to it same with a rap concert. if the mc isnt rapping or encourage the crowd to say nigga non blacks/people without black ancestry shouldnt be saying nigga

lmao at when he gets interrupted by the waitress, she goes away and the music starts playing

Frank Sobotka
08-31-2010, 07:35 AM
lol I'm still surprised he hasn't gotten his ass kicked for that.I'm not, with all those mosque protests all over america it seems being an arab is billions of times worse then calling somebody a nigger.

WooHa
08-31-2010, 07:50 AM
InReW8j0C5Q

Inspektah Meth-Tical
08-31-2010, 07:53 AM
""I'm not, with all those mosque protests all over america it seems being an arab is billions of times worse then calling somebody a nigger.""

some of the best rappers is muslim.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-31-2010, 09:17 AM
it's not that anything is wrong with the word

it's the concept of how the word is used

of course u can't call every black person a nigga, but if u white and close with a brother, I don't see what is stopping ya...just don't act like you're black in front of some nigguz u don't know

King Tron 1
08-31-2010, 09:43 AM
it's not that anything is wrong with the word

it's the concept of how the word is used

of course u can't call every black person a nigga, but if u white and close with a brother, I don't see what is stopping ya...just don't act like you're black in front of some nigguz u don't know

looks like this is probably the best anyone can put it.

but how I see it, if you "asking for permission to use it" then most likely you shouldn't be using it.

and then there's this:
Cp2yynZDVjI

fatboybrandon
08-31-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree with how djskillz summed it up. I'm a 20+ resident of a mostly black/PR/DR mixed community with the smaller percentage of the population white.

From what I see the use of nigga to call each other comes down to a combination of the similarities in ethnicity, skin color and social/economic conditions of people in my neighborhood over a long period of time, not just this generation. I'm black, but people think I'm Dominican so I'm kinda in between socially.

Some Dominicans I overhear them using nigga in their speech like it's the word "the", they almost use it too much, even teens I hear coming uptown on the 1 train from school.

djskillz
08-31-2010, 10:17 AM
I've never been to New York but from what I've seen alot of people talk like that there lol. Co-sign on economic conditions, environments and ethnicity playing a role. Me personally I've got Spanish, Chinese, Black and Carib ancestry on my mother's side and Irish on my dad's side. My family on my mom's side just identify as black though. My mom's family is from Trinidad and Guyana so that just goes to show you that there are alot of mixed people in the caribbean who may identify as one thing even though they are mixed.

snapple
08-31-2010, 11:15 AM
people sound stupid when they say nigga. and people who say nigga usually say it a lot.

BrklynZoo
08-31-2010, 02:21 PM
I think it's more contex in which it's used as opposed to the word

TAURO
08-31-2010, 05:37 PM
For the record, not all latinos can use the N word. It really depends on where you grew up and if you lived around alot of black people.

fukizdiz
08-31-2010, 09:00 PM
here down south us hispanics say the word but with no disrespect
its how we're raised
being around black people in the hood & at school & the music we hear influenced many

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2010/08/can_non-black_rappers_use_the.php