PDA

View Full Version : CD's In The Flesh

Meta4
09-01-2010, 01:25 AM
talkin bout physical copies, holla if you cop the cases. Jus copped Kill Devil Hills and Meta-Historical and DAMN Kill Devil Hills gotta b the nicest physical I got. The cover is real nice high gloss and actually got raised art, you can feel the owl eyes, wing, writing, etc, shits hard. ILL booklet with some lyrics and dope inside pocket CD art. Even if the joint was dook the physical would justify the purchase. Fuck the digital bullshit homie get that rack stacked.

djskillz
09-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Yea soon as I get some cash I'mma cop both those.

BIG D O
09-01-2010, 02:56 AM
good shit on supporting the artists homie....I didn't make it by my record store today, but I'mma be there tommorrow....prolly will cop both of those as well as that new Big L compilation that was released today as well

djskillz
09-01-2010, 04:50 AM
Nah save your money on the Big L compilation. From what I hear it's all previously released music. Nothing new at all.

Tommy
09-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Fuck the digital bullshit homie get that rack stacked.

No doubt.

It's good to see artists making the effort these days to sprice up their covers, packaging, and booklets. Gives you more of a reason to make the purchase.

Tecknowledgist
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I copped Kill Devil Hills on vinyl. I can't wait for that shit to come in.

Mr. R&B
09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I wasn't able to cop either because this town is full of clueless faggots who wouldn't know good Hip-Hop if it kicked them square in the cunt.

I pre-ordered KDH @ FYE.

I went there yesterday to pick it up but I couldn't get it because the pre-order stuff is locked in a cabnet and the manager wasn't there.

The crackers behind the counter didn't have the key to open it.

So I left and went to Best Buy hoping they'd have one or both of the albums the OP mentioned.

Nothing...nada...zilch...goose egg...jack shit!

I live in a College town, a lot of these kids only exposure to Hip-Hop is whatever corny trash they hear at a frat party.

They listen to Hipster fag music all day and live a milquetoast, moutain biking, trail mix lame-dick lifestyle.

And the people in the hoods around here listen to the wackest of the wack souf trash.

Not the dope MCs from the south, the ingnant coon shit.

fatboybrandon
09-01-2010, 03:28 PM
I live in a College town, a lot of these kids only exposure to Hip-Hop is whatever corny trash they hear at a frat party.

They listen to Hipster fag music all day and live a milquetoast, moutain biking, trail mix lame-dick lifestyle.

And the people in the hoods around here listen to the wackest of the wack souf trash.

Not the dope MCs from the south, the ingnant coon shit.

Dookietown? lol. that place sounds interesting, I made high school trips to outta town places like that. I'm trying to travel more to understand the effect of Hip Hop on other unassuming parts of the US outside my own hood. I don't know about that place though..

http://bamalovesoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/BlackMilk-450x450.jpg

http://blackmilk.biz/news/official-album-of-the-year-artwork-track-list/

I got an email from Black Milk (http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2010/07/black-milk-of-year-now-shipping.html)'s site, they're doing that 3-D type of packaging where the cover is beveled and embossed into the surface. I would buy his album even without the fancy cover design. I'm happy with a number of albums coming out, there nothing like traveling to the store & back home for an album.

Undiluted Karma
09-01-2010, 03:38 PM
^peace Brandon, I went onto the Black Milk product site, cover art looks nice as fuck almost made me purchase off the strength off the cover and his drums lol, I'm saving my money till I listen to his stuff more,

I'm def getting Razah/Timbo King's albums so saving my money for them.

Mcthuggin99
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
i still gotta cop Kill Devil Hills. im might not even have a chance to get it this week. but i might have to get it through amazon or FYE

claaa7
09-01-2010, 03:46 PM
i've been in a real wack financial situation the whole summer but you know i had to support Kris and True Master on day #1. same as The Roots, Nas/Damian, Guilty Simpson and a few others i copped so far. i'ma cop "Kill Devil Hills" in a while but nice to hear it got some good artwork - the reason most of the underground releases have wack insert these days is because they don't sell for shit so why bother with that.

Mr. R&B
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Dookietown? lol. that place sounds interesting, I made high school trips to outta town places like that. I'm trying to travel more to understand the effect of Hip Hop on other unassuming parts of the US outside my own hood. I don't know about that place though...

Nah, you don't wanna visit, this place smells like a sewer.

And the populous' taste in Hip-Hop is just as bad.