PDA

View Full Version : Was G Rap and Big Daddy Kane scared KRS-One?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Why didn't these niggaz help the Juice Crew in the battle with BDP. It is rumoured BDK wrote the diss song for Roxanne Shate 'Roxanne's Revenge'. Why didn't G Rap and BDP go at Big Daddy Kane? They both had more lyrical skill than KRS.

Tommy
09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
How many MC's must get dissed?
Before somebody says don't fuck with Kris

Tecknowledgist
09-01-2010, 11:04 AM
hahaha this kid just made a thread asking about the proper use of "the word N" and now he's saying "why didn't these niggaz help the Juice Crew!" lol

Undiluted Karma
09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
hahaha this kid just made a thread asking about the proper use of "the word N" and now he's saying "why didn't these niggaz help the Juice Crew!" lol

ahha lmao missed that, classic

Frank Sobotka
09-01-2010, 11:22 AM
It's the internet, nobody cares

Rollo
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Considering KRS got murked by a 13 year old girl, don't think it was necessary.

5QkEHUMmpyM

Sunz of Man
09-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Industry rule #4081: Never Battle KRS-One

claaa7
09-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Considering KRS got murked by a 13 year old girl, don't think it was necessary.

5QkEHUMmpyM

LOL, "Roxanne Shanté is only good for steady FUCKING" in 1986 /dead/

KRS and Scott even shouts out Big Daddy Kane in the insert to the "Criminal Minded" album. MC Shan, Roxanne Shanté, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl and Blaq Poet is who took shots at BDP.

what's more interesting tho, do y'all think any other big rapper in the whole country at that time would dear to diss the ideas of Nation of Islam and the 5% Nation on wax (as a diss to Poor Righteous Teachers). "Sex & Violence" is such a classic album.

uyhU7-0_cLk

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Now KRS-ONE you should go on vacation / With that name soundin’ like a wack radio station / And as for Scott La Rock, you should be ashamed / When T La Rock said “It’s Yours”, he didn’t mean his name / So step back peasants, poppin’ all that junk / Or else BDP will stand for Broken Down Punks / Cos I’m an All-Star just like Julius Erving / And Roxanne Shante is only good for steady servin’
-Roxannés verse.

LMAO. KRS-One had childish diss's in his 'The Bridge is Over', all he did was use some gay jokes and say that steady fucking line.

And to the poster above, i thought Kris was a associate of the NOI and 5%.

Mr. R&B
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Obviously G. Rap & BDK didn't co-sign the shots toward KRS.

They stayed out of it because they were cool with each other.

Tommy
09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Now KRS-ONE you should go on vacation / With that name soundin’ like a wack radio station / And as for Scott La Rock, you should be ashamed / When T La Rock said “It’s Yours”, he didn’t mean his name / So step back peasants, poppin’ all that junk / Or else BDP will stand for Broken Down Punks / Cos I’m an All-Star just like Julius Erving / And Roxanne Shante is only good for steady servin’
-Roxannés verse.

LMAO. KRS-One had childish diss's in his 'The Bridge is Over', all he did was use some gay jokes and say that steady fucking line.

What would KRS look like sending a full song out to diss a 13 year old girl? Lmfao. Just marinate on that for a second. Roxanne wasn't in his league, accept it or not, so why should he waste his time with her?

Floyd Mayweather gets challenges from boxers all across the world each day, does he fight them all just to prove he's the best? No. If you think Roxanne won anything with that diss track you are sadly mistaken.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
What would KRS look like sending a full song out to diss a 13 year old girl? Lmfao. Just marinate on that for a second. Roxanne wasn't in his league, accept it or not, so why should he waste his time with her?

Floyd Mayweather gets challenges from boxers all across the world each day, does he fight them all just to prove he's the best? No. If you think Roxanne won anything with that diss track you are sadly mistaken.

thats not what i'm saying. I'm saying KRS-One had childish lyrics in his TBIO song, the one's aimed at Shan and Marley.
He had insults that teenage kids would throw at each other in the school yard.

claaa7
09-01-2010, 05:25 PM

listen to the song, at least at the time he thought the whole concept was bullshit. "Man is not GOD, GOD is conciousness..... It ain't enough to study Clarrence 13x.... You wanna see the devil, take a look at Collin Powell", etc. or listen to songs like "The Racist" from the 'Edutainment' album (another great LP). he calls himself a humanist and a meta-physician.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
^^^, i've seen on another site that he was a part of the Hindu religion.

claaa7
09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
^ as i understand it KRS always been a searcher for spiritual wealth, knowledge and truth and went through alot of phases. he dissed religion as a whole heavily early, in '97 on "I Got Next" he speaks on astro-theology (the belief that the bible is really written astrological and jesus is a representation of the sun, and the 12 disciples the planets in our galaxy) but later on he has spoken positive about Jesus and christianity so it can be pretty confusing.

-The A to the Z-
09-01-2010, 05:53 PM

It's not just what he said, it's also how he came with all these new crazy different sing-song styles, that's what makes it such a great diss, and probably my favourite diss track.

And KRS had beef with a bunch of 5%ers like X-Clan and PRT because he considered himself to be a 'humanist' in his words, and criticised the 5% stance.

Obviously G. Rap & BDK didn't co-sign the shots toward KRS.

They stayed out of it because they were cool with each other.

I'm pretty sure I've read an interview with with BDK where he stated as much, I've even read KRS go as far as to say that outside the booth BDP and Juice Crew were friends at the time...

Kane most probably wrote Shante's diss track verses though.

^^^, i've seen on another site that he was a part of the Hindu religion.

He adopted the name 'Krisna' because he hung with Hare-Krishnas back in the day

adrianoter
09-02-2010, 02:25 AM
It's not just what he said, it's also how he came with all these new crazy different sing-song styles, that's what makes it such a great diss, and probably my favourite diss track.

And KRS had beef with a bunch of 5%ers like X-Clan and PRT because he considered himself to be a 'humanist' in his words, and criticised the 5% stance.

I'm pretty sure I've read an interview with with BDK where he stated as much, I've even read KRS go as far as to say that outside the booth BDP and Juice Crew were friends at the time...

Kane most probably wrote Shante's diss track verses though.

He adopted the name 'Krisna' because he hung with Hare-Krishnas back in the day

nah he adopted the "krishna" cos he used to carry big books around the group home and sit readin spiritual shit all the time, so dudes started calling him krishna, check the Rakim Told Me chapter on him (dopest chapter in the book and the basis for my KRS One bio pic, dont bite the shit)

CharlesJones
09-04-2010, 12:44 PM
LOL@Claaa7 quoting KRS One's rhymes when he said Roxanne Shante is only good for steady fucking hahahahahahahahahaha. That was a funny diss. Roxanne didn't want it with KRS even though i have to admit her rhymes that Inspektah Meth Tical quoted that dissed KRS was kinda funny. KRS and Juice Crew beef would've been interesting if Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane said some disses about KRS. Kool G Rap and Kane dissing KRS would've made the battle more intense. I'm surprised Masta Ace and Biz Markie didn't get involved in it since they were a part of the Juice Crew.

-The A to the Z-
09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
nah he adopted the "krishna" cos he used to carry big books around the group home and sit readin spiritual shit all the time, so dudes started calling him krishna, check the Rakim Told Me chapter on him (dopest chapter in the book and the basis for my KRS One bio pic, dont bite the shit)

From said chapter:

Hare Krishnas used to come down and feed the homeless [at Kris' shelter]...I'd offer to help and I'd hang out with them...And I'd go back to the shelter and everybody'd start laughing at me, and my nickname in the shelter became Krishna