PDA

View Full Version : Ps1 throwback:wu-tang shaolin style

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-01-2010, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO7gmFh5Qgk&NR=1&feature=fvwp

COPY THE LINK STUPID EMBED ISN'T WORKING

Bobby_Digital72
09-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I had that game lol i dont remember the gfx being that bad though... i used to pick Pick Golden Amrs cuz he had tha jax thing going on..

Undiluted Karma
09-02-2010, 07:17 AM
/v/CO7gmFh5Qgk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CO7gmFh5Qgk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-02-2010, 07:52 AM
yeah this game went hard when you unlocked the blood and gore, then the fatalities we sick especially Masta Killa's (I Think)

King Tron 1
09-02-2010, 08:28 AM
i never had a chance to play this, but i really want to.

btw was the unlock code by use of gameshark or something?

Undiluted Karma
09-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Damn game looks good, RZA's fatality is sick as fuck

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
i never had a chance to play this, but i really want to.

btw was the unlock code by use of gameshark or something?

nah Activision the makers of the game, actually gave it to you in the instructional manuel i ended up getting my copy at a fleamarker

Rame
09-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Horrible game.

shaolinsword
09-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Horrible game.

It was good for its time but it sold because its Wu

TAURO
09-02-2010, 03:20 PM
No, it was shit even back then. It had horrible controls and the playability was very sluggish. It was successful because of it's licence, it had great atmosphere and great music but it was a horrible game.

I always wished they would go back and redo it but using the Def Jam Fight for NY game engine, THAT would be the shit.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-02-2010, 04:20 PM
ITT people who couldnt beat the game because it was really hard getting butthurt about the game

you had to master it to beat it, you werent getting far if you couldnt perfect all the signature moves, and ODB´s character was one of the sweetest beat em up characters ever

Mr. R&B
09-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, the game was an ass whip.

I was only able to beat it with Method Man.

He was slow as fuck, but that huge sledgehammer inflicted massive damage.

I liked the RZA character, he was the only other character I got close to beating it with.

bamboo
09-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Haha yes this game, I used to play it a lot when it first came out. I usually played with GZA or MK, I digged his ninja steeze.
I still got it, put don't have a playable console anymore lol

DJ Demon
09-04-2010, 06:36 PM
this game was a waterd down version of a game called thrill kill but that was banned so then they added the wu name and theam and re relesed it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VbjA4BjGk

shaolinsword
09-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Anyone got the W controller?

http://qualityctrl.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/wu-controller.jpg

Meta4
09-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Game was dope but I traded it in for credit to get a ps2 when it dropped. Anyone else know you could play it in a cd player? use to bump it all the time, thought it was the coolest shit ever I even tried the same shit on other games.

Southern Solja
09-04-2010, 10:32 PM
This game is basically the Wu version of the TMNT game for Super Nintendo. Michaelangelo was my favorite cuz he was the closest thing to Bruce Lee.

King Tron 1
09-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Haha yes this game, I used to play it a lot when it first came out. I usually played with GZA or MK, I digged his ninja steeze.
I still got it, put don't have a playable console anymore lol

it is still playable on a ps2, and also a ps3 (well my ps3 plays ps1 games)

PALEHORSE
09-04-2010, 11:14 PM
u-god track rumble was dope

and id fuck you up with decks touch of xddeath style

Mr. R&B
09-05-2010, 12:30 AM
...Anyone else know you could play it in a cd player? use to bump it all the time, thought it was the coolest shit ever I even tried the same shit on other games.

Yes, I played it in my stereo as well.

I had read an article in a videogame magazine that you could do that, apparently it was common practice in Japan.

Tons of Japanese games had that feature back when CD-Rom was the game format du jour.

I did it with a bunch of Sega Saturn games, most of them worked.

I tried it with Fighting Vipers, The Street Fighter Collection & a Virtua Fighter game, they all played the fight stage and menu musics.

bamboo
09-05-2010, 02:32 AM
it is still playable on a ps2, and also a ps3 (well my ps3 plays ps1 games)

orly now!
I only keep the X360, but then I gotta try this at my homies place.
I heard rumors that PS3 wasn't backwards compatible when it got out...??
Never looked into it tho'

King Tron 1
09-05-2010, 02:53 AM
^^^ my ps3 won't any ps2 games, but it will play some ps1 games. i have to make a internal memory card for it since it doesn't have any memory card slots. funny how "big" the save files seemed then. shit even the ps2 memory cards aren't big compared to the shit now.

Damon
09-07-2010, 01:46 AM
Anyone got the W controller?

http://qualityctrl.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/wu-controller.jpg

I bought one off ebay a few years ago. Its a pretty dope display piece.

Hollow Dartz
09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
if my ps3 was backwards compatible i wouldnt mind doing a playthrough of this game and posting it on youtube whenever im not in class

PALEHORSE
09-07-2010, 08:50 PM
inspectah deck touch of deaths all day

as outdated as this game is why isnt there a playable version on the site?

or at least some battle chest with u-god rumble in the background

main_man
09-07-2010, 11:50 PM
damn this game was hard!!! lol
play control was kinda shitty.

but i agree, if they used the def jam fighting engine, they could re-do this for the modern consoles and make it pretty good.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-08-2010, 01:11 AM
if my ps3 was backwards compatible i wouldnt mind doing a playthrough of this game and posting it on youtube whenever im not in class

id like to see u try. Me and me cusin spent about 72 hours straight on this fucking gmae whe it came out and were never able to beat it. Then a few years later we bought it again and thought now we were a bit older we could do it easy, anoter marathon double all nighter, fucking game again took us out

if ur not prepared to master ALOT of the special moves dont even bother. Theyre sketchy to pull off too, sometimes they refuse.

DrunkenMasta303
09-08-2010, 05:12 AM
i beat this game with DIRTYs drunken boxing technique, i was pulling off 20HIT combos n stuff!! havnt played it in yeears tho

beautifulrock
09-08-2010, 05:33 AM
I beat it with every character, getting every chamber, not that hard.

Inspectah Deck was probably the most entertaining to play, mostly because of his infinite corner combos.

Playing with RZA is like cheating. He has an advantage over every other fighter in the game besides the main boss.

Masta Killa and U-God, much like real life, were the worst playable characters.

Ghosts hold moves unfairly cause more damage then they should

Meth is the best against multiple opponents, other than RZA

GZA is annoyingly worthless

Ol' dirty fights best when lying on his back.

Raekwon is too agile for a fat man.

Hollow Dartz
09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
id like to see u try. Me and me cusin spent about 72 hours straight on this fucking gmae whe it came out and were never able to beat it. Then a few years later we bought it again and thought now we were a bit older we could do it easy, anoter marathon double all nighter, fucking game again took us out

if ur not prepared to master ALOT of the special moves dont even bother. Theyre sketchy to pull off too, sometimes they refuse.
Trust me if you use Gza, Deck or Masta Killa you can get through this game because me & my cousin did. and to B-Rock, u said MK was the worst? That flip-kick can get u almost any chamber if used right, got all 36 chambers with Masta Killa in no time...

DXN
09-09-2010, 04:38 AM
i bought this a few years ago at ebgames for like 4 bucks

i always played with inspectah deck so i never beat the game

beautifulrock
09-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Trust me if you use Gza, Deck or Masta Killa you can get through this game because me & my cousin did. and to B-Rock, u said MK was the worst? That flip-kick can get u almost any chamber if used right, got all 36 chambers with Masta Killa in no time...
Try thinking before you talk. Masta Killa's knife spin is one of the most worthless moves in the history of fighting games and if you do it by accident (which tended to happen all the time), you're likely to be set up for a juggle combo. I know what I'm talking about man, I mastered this shit...and GZA??? Slow as shit, just like his lyrics.

Hollow Dartz
09-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Try thinking before you talk. Masta Killa's knife spin is one of the most worthless moves in the history of fighting games and if you do it by accident (which tended to happen all the time), you're likely to be set up for a juggle combo. I know what I'm talking about man, I mastered this shit...and GZA??? Slow as shit, just like his lyrics.
My nigga, I beat the game twice with masta killa, I know what im talking about. Gza??? That long ass sword does combos for days...

beautifulrock
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
GZA doesn't have a sword. GZA has a chain sickle. RZA has swords. Play the game again.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, the game was an ass whip.

I was only able to beat it with Method Man.

He was slow as fuck, but that huge sledgehammer inflicted massive damage.

I liked the RZA character, he was the only other character I got close to beating it with.

I got close with Uey and Mef in trying to beat that game

Hollow Dartz
09-09-2010, 10:13 PM
GZA doesn't have a sword. GZA has a chain sickle. RZA has swords. Play the game again.
I know what Gza has, we just call it a sword because that shit flows like a liquid sword (we was just making up our own names n shit), I played the game like I said, I dont know why you tryna start debates n shit. I beat the game twice with Masta Killa end of story, maybe you didnt know what u was doing...and i got 36 chambers with Gza too back in 2001-2002

beautifulrock
09-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Like I said, I beat it with every character.

Hollow Dartz
09-10-2010, 08:19 AM
ok, good for you.

pro.Graveface
11-04-2010, 03:14 PM
yeah I have the limited edition pack, from '99 i tink , I was a maniac with this joint even smashed a playstation on the wall in my younger years , I finished all chambers from every member exept rza and on the last 1 I had to beat mong zu with rza, took me hours and I when I finaly beated his ass it wend stuck in the fatality that sjit made me so angry I jus smashed the hole joint on the wall , later I bought a nother LE pack so I still have the controller but no ps, I do have the memory card with that save for the very last chamber

THE MASON
11-05-2010, 02:03 PM
they should release this on PSN for free download

pro.Graveface
11-06-2010, 12:29 PM
they shud make a ps3 version in style like Fist of the North Star but even this game is dope it could be better