PDA

View Full Version : prodigy > jayz

ALCATRAZ
09-02-2010, 12:18 AM
just personal preference... i wouldn't hate on anyone who thought otherwise, but i got a lot more respect for someone who puts prodigy above jay z... because honestly he is the better rapper

djskillz
09-02-2010, 12:39 AM
I prefer Prodigy's music but at the same time I don't take anything away from Jay-Z. I have the utmost respect for both as emcees.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-02-2010, 01:24 AM
mmmmhhmmmmm. Prodigy is an ill MC. Top 25 definitly, but Jay damaged his rep by showing the balerina shit. But i still prefer Prodigy > Jay-Z.

benzo
09-02-2010, 08:34 AM
In their prime I'd put em both at the top of the pile even though I like P's style more. Too bad P is probably 2nd behind Jay as far as most talented rappers to fall off so far.

theDZA
09-02-2010, 08:36 AM
i prefer prodigy easily

but jay used to have skills

Krimewave
09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
just personal preference... i wouldn't hate on anyone who thought otherwise, but i got a lot more respect for someone who puts prodigy above jay z... because honestly he is the better rapper

word.
I'd sooner listen to classic P than Classic Jigga.

Undiluted Karma
09-02-2010, 09:56 AM
I prefer Jay Z, tbh I find Prodigy boring, Havoc is the better emcee imo

peace

Mr. R&B
09-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I've always thought it was Prodigy >>>> Jay-Z.

FREE P!

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-02-2010, 12:12 PM
they're both boring now, and have been repetitive as hell for the last few years.

i preferred prodigy until about 2001, then jay until 2004...now i have no interest in either.

Noctoural88
09-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I like Jay-Z's music a lot more because I listened to it during hard times etc.. So its always gonna be some of my favorite shit but Him and prodigy, considering their entire careers, are about equal.

Frank Sobotka
09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
To me both Mc's are usually outshined by there production

ALCATRAZ
09-02-2010, 05:01 PM
they're both boring now

yea but who isnt

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-02-2010, 05:12 PM
yea but who isnt

Nasty Nas.

ALCATRAZ
09-02-2010, 05:13 PM
nas is boring his damn self these days and jay z didnt expose shit with that ballerina pic... p was like 9 years old you swear a nigga cant be dancin at 10 and thuggin at 18... 2pac > lil b > nas > p > garbage can > jay

theDZA
09-02-2010, 06:04 PM
lil b > prodigy, nas and jay z (im not even a fan of jay lol)

the fuck are you on?

Meta4
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
P is still makin ILL music, people on here buggin HNIC2 and 80's were ill. P pacmans Jay no doubt.

djskillz
09-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Product of the 80s was decent. Had some good joints. HNIC 2 is my shit though.

hl (Lattisaw Tapes)
09-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Good to know I'm not alone on this.

Prodigy > Jay-Z

HNIC > Blueprint

djskillz
09-03-2010, 01:06 AM
yea but

Black Album>HNIC and Blueprint

Rame
09-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Lol. Prodigy isn't even close.

ALCATRAZ
09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
everyone knows euro faggits dick ride jay harder than any other region, kick rocks

Jammin
09-03-2010, 12:19 PM
it wasnt even a ballerina pic ... it was a thriller type suit

jay-z lied

Jammin
09-03-2010, 12:23 PM
[Prodigy]
Nigga how you want it nigga, cause you about to get served
Matter of fact nigga, you about to get your shit burned
Punk motherfucker, female ass nigga
The homo rapper, H to the you know
Come on man I ain't gotta spell it out for you
You know how to tell time you know my gun boil
I set it off on your bitch ass, dont forget that
And your retaliation was weak, baby pictures
Dunn I'll take you out in the street and spank you bitch
Ain't no point going at "P" you run into bricks
How you not gonna show face after that stunt
At rap's only awards and you ain't show up
You scared and you butt, you are now being crushed
By these black Mobb gangstas you niggas is done
I suggest that you pack up and take it to go
Cause everything is not cool and you niggas should know

Rame
09-03-2010, 02:31 PM
everyone knows euro faggits dick ride jay harder than any other region, kick rocks

I'm sure you know everything about it. You're the godfather of dickriding.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-03-2010, 08:02 PM
yeah that whole ballerina bullshit was fucking weak the only reason jay could get away with putting up a picture of P dressed ina MJ suit and claim it was ballerina is because he had so many dickriders for the cause. That was pathetic.

P was easily the best in the 90,s

David Daniel Davis
09-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Prodigy did it to himself; he dissed Jay Z for no apparent reason on Mobb Niggaz when he said "Niggahz get tagged and bagged for coming at my familia; we ain't the Roc niggah; we ain't them faggot ass niggahz" and nearly wrecked his own career.

Nick Fury
09-03-2010, 10:35 PM
prodigy has too many classic qoutables

ALCATRAZ
09-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Prodigy did it to himself; he dissed Jay Z for no apparent reason on Mobb Niggaz when he said "Niggahz get tagged and bagged for coming at my familia; we ain't the Roc niggah; we ain't them faggot ass niggahz" and nearly wrecked his own career.
nah it was memphis bleek who dissed prodigy first he also dissed nas first bleek is an idiot

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-04-2010, 12:12 AM
The opening lines of 'Shook Ones Pt. II' still makes me awe.

i got you stuck off the realness
we be the infamous
you heard of us
official Queensbrige murderaz.

The World is Yours > Shook Ones Pt. II > Dead Presidents

Jammin
09-04-2010, 01:26 AM

nah jay-z started it... there was a subliminal diss about that shook ones video.. i don't remember the name of the track

Jammin
09-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Prodigy fuels the feud: 1999-2000

Throughout the late 1990s, Jay-Z and Nas avoided competition, even more so because Nas became more isolated due to his caring for his ailing mother[6]. However, in August 1999, Roc-A-Fella artist Memphis Bleek made a vague reference to Nas in his song "Mind Right," with the line "your lifestyle's written", which some interpreted as a diss to the title of Nas' second album, It Was Written. Prodigy, one half of the duo Mobb Deep--who were close to Nas professionally as the respective artists were both from the Queensbridge projects and had appeared on each others' respective sophomore albums—took issue with this and also with the lyrics and imagery in the music video to Jay-Z's 1997 single "Where I'm From":
“ So when I heard that, I was like, “Who is Jay talking about who is talking about hanging in Marcy in they line?” Then I thought about “Trife Life” in my verse I said “jetted through Marcy ‘cause D’s[detectives] ain’t baggin’ me” because I was out there...Then “Shook Ones” came out, then Jay came with the plastic cups, football jerseys in the projects, taking jabs at us and I was like Nas, what we need to do is go at these niggas because number one, his lil’ man is trying to shit on you; talking about your life is written and all this shit. ”

Thereafter, according to Prodigy, Nas continued to ignore the prospects of a beef, electing not to lash back outright. So Prodigy began taking shots at Jay-Z, berating him in an interview for The Source over his lyrics in some of his songs[8]. Afterwards, tensions between Prodigy and Jay-Z increased, including a riff between Roc-A-Fella artists and a rapper friend of Prodigy's, E-Money Bags.

prof zooruka
09-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Yeah P got more skillz than jay.

:yes:

peace be with you

Rollo
09-04-2010, 08:44 AM
How are they even close?
Jigga's Reasonable Doubt-Blueprint era shit had crazy flow and Prodigy has always just sounded abc. Likewise when it comes to rhyming Jay-z is leaps and bounds ahead of Prodigy. What can really be said about Prodigy? He's gritty? Like that's a fucking skill lol

CharlesJones
09-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Jammin, what Mobb Deep song is that that you showed Prodigy's lyrics dissing Jay-Z? I've never heard those lyrics before. He dissed Jay-Z on Mobb Deep's Burn song also when he said that shit that you pulled ain't do me no damage. You don't know me nigga but we about to change that shit. Wrap that nigga up like a package LOL. Fuck all them niggas. Fuck all them faggots LOL. Prodigy is a better rapper than Jay-Z and Mobb Deep's albums are better than Jay-Z's albums.

Jammin
09-05-2010, 05:50 AM
Jammin, what Mobb Deep song is that that you showed Prodigy's lyrics dissing Jay-Z?

J0qKr7rvhv8

CharlesJones
09-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Ok thanks. I'm gonna have to listen to that song even though i hated Infamy album LOL.