PDA

View Full Version : O.C. - "Ozone Originals EP" - '93 demo (Sampler inside)

claaa7
09-02-2010, 05:42 AM
http://cdn.2dopeboyz.com/m.php/2010/09/ozone.jpg
one of my favorite MC's is preparing to release a demo EP through No Sleep Recordings (?). OC made his debut on Organized Konfusion's "Fudge Pudge" and while touring with them he met DJ Buckwild and Lord Finesse and all the above mentioned started working on what would become the classic debut "Word...Life" (mainly produced by Buckwild).

this EP will feature 6 previously unreleased songs and a radio promo with Stretch & Bobbito, all recorded in 1993 and judging from the sampler the sound quality is good and all the lyrics and beats can be heard loud and clear. 3 of the tracks are laced by Buckwild and sounds like the best songs to me. the downside is that they want 50 bucks for this - OC is great and i love old demos like this but no way i'm paying that much for this.

LISTEN TO THE SAMPLER HERE (http://www.mediafire.com/?e55igpxr512nc92)

Side A
1. OUTSIDERS [Buckwild]
2. WOULD YOU BELIEVE? [Buckwild]
3. KICK A RHYME FOR THE RECORD [Mark Pearson / John Mcgann]
4. STRETCH AND BOBBITO PROMO (intro by MC Serch) [Eclipse]

Side B
5. BROTHERS ARE FAKE [Mark Pearson / John Mcgann]
6. THAT BAD MOTHERFUCKER [Eclipse]
7. SUGAR [Buckwild]

To PRE-ORDER, send an e-mail to:

nosleeprecordings@gmail.com

In the subject please write: ORDER: NSREP-002 O.C.

Provide the following information in your e-mail:
1. Your PayPal e-mail
2. Your full name (first and last)
3. Your full shipping address, printed as it should read for the postal carrier in your region
4. Quantity
5. Shipping option (choose from below, either REGULAR or EXPRESS)

Price per copy is $50.00

fatboybrandon
09-02-2010, 08:42 AM
That looks like something I'd like to buy, the price sounds reasonable from my experience in buying rare Hip Hop on vinyl. it's good to see archived music like this come out more in recent years, I hope it continues. Bobbito used to play O's demos alot in the 90's, it's crazy to think how many great Hip Hop acts he broke. I just saw DJ Eclipse at the Fat Beats in store for Kill Devil Hills this Friday.

I've got a radio interview with OC and DJ Eclipse where he tells that story of how he met Buckwild and made those demos. He said the loop for Time's Up came from another producer who didn't know how to work his equipment well enough, but Buck took the loop and made the song himself.

theDZA
09-02-2010, 11:04 AM
props for posting

wish i could afford it, OC is sick