PDA

View Full Version : Snoop Dogg making "Doggystyle 2: The Doggumentary"

Taskmaster2112
09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
looks like Snoop's jumping on the sequel bandwagon. I can only hope that it captures the sound and vibe of the original and isn't either extremely inconsistent or downright shitty like a lot of his albums since the first "Doggystyle"

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.12122/title.snoop-dogg-announces-new-album-doggystyle-2

Mr. R&B
09-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Terrible idea.

There's no way Snoop can come close to approaching the magnitude of Doggystyle.

Especially not with Swizz Beats' production.

Jin10304
09-02-2010, 04:58 PM
AHAHAHAHA! Entrusting Swizz to create a sequel to your first classic is fucking hilarious, if Snoop wants D2 he needs Dr. Dre period.

hectis
09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I predict the worse part 2 of all the part 2 albums that are coming out, or have come out

this album will do for snoop dogg as mike Vick did for dogs

main_man
yep. unless dre oversees the whole thing, snoops lost before he even starts.
and even then, dre aint the producer he was when doggystyle dropped.
snoop should not do this. its not a good idea at all.

claaa7
^ word, if Dre ain't involved i ain't interested

hectis
09-02-2010, 05:07 PM
snoop would be best to get all the ghost producers

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I hate faggets that keep getting their panties in a bunch, predicting how an album will sound before it's even finished. Shut the fuck up, quit beings psychics.

And as far as Snoop, he's had bangin albums throughout his career. "The Last Meal" and "Blue Carpet Treatment" are two great examples. It would be great to hear another album like "Doggystyle," all the power to him.

djskillz
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Shit's gonna be wack. Snoop hasn't been good in about 4-5 years.

Paranoid
09-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I hate faggets that keep getting their panties in a bunch, predicting how an album will sound before it's even finished. Shut the fuck up, quit beings psychics.

hes right

RynMur
09-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Will probably be one of the worst sequels to come out lately.

main_man
09-03-2010, 12:15 AM

its gonna suck.

and you suck dicks.

Dirty Knowledge
09-03-2010, 02:39 AM
hes right

I agree.. Snoop still comes with good tracks, of course he ain't gonna bump out another Doggystyle though. Lots of people outta the West hate on Snoop because he still has mad commercial appeal.

djskillz
09-03-2010, 02:44 AM
The only reason I think it's gonna be wack is because the Snoop Dogg nowadays is not the same Snoop from 18 years ago. He can try his best to take us back to that era or maybe even make a bridge between his persona then and his persona now but I don't think the outcome will satisfy the fans of the original.

claaa7
09-03-2010, 02:47 AM
The only reason I think it's gonna be wack is because the Snoop Dogg nowadays is not the same Snoop from 18 years ago. He can try his best to take us back to that era or maybe even make a bridge between his persona then and his persona now but I don't think the outcome will satisfy the fans of the original.

Zzh4dnjk0R4

he did a pretty damn good job taking it back to the G-funk era with this joint from 2006. my main concern with the album is Swizz Beats, i never got into his beats bar a few.

djskillz
09-03-2010, 02:50 AM
^I definitely agree. Blue Carpet Treatment was crazy. I love that album but I also feel that was his last album I could listen to front to back (that's why I said he hasn't been that great in about 4-5 years). Ego Trippin had a few really good tracks but overall it was forgettable. And I still haven't checked out Malice although I did like I Wanna Rock.

Dirty Knowledge
09-03-2010, 03:13 AM
His albums since that time span haven't been anything to brag about.. but for a rapper pushing 40 he can still drop a few gems on his albums here and there.

hide1998
09-03-2010, 06:42 AM

And as far as Snoop, he's had bangin albums throughout his career. "The Last Meal" and "Blue Carpet Treatment" are two great examples. It would be great to hear another album like "Doggystyle," all the power to him.

Basically. I always turn a deaf ear to those with the cliche argument, "Meh, Snoop hasn't dropped anything good since Doggystyle." Rinse, lather, repeat with Nas. "Meh, Nas hadn't dropped anything good since Illmatic." Complete nonsense in both situations, but for whatever reason there is a good percentage of people who convinced themselves of this drivel.

bamboo
09-03-2010, 06:52 AM
^ word, if Dre ain't involved i ain't interested

Yeah, album might not blow, but it should be renamed if Swizz is doing it IMO