PDA

View Full Version : MUGGS is still an elite producer and KILL DEVIL HILLS got some of his dopest beats...

angry!
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM
EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you dont like the production on kill devil hills, youre a bitch, go stock your tampax and eat some bon bons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUGGS been around forever, and hes still reinventing himself dropping next level bangers!!!!!!!!!!!

sermon, large pro... these niggas were monsters, but last 10 years or so, its hit or miss!!!!!!!!!

meanwhile muggs dropping atomic heat on the low!!!!!!!!!

no ego shit either... dr. dre scared to drop music, muggs lacing niggas the populus has never heard of!!!!!!!!!!

analyze kill devil hills... study it like a manual upcoming producers!!!!!!!!!!!

MUGGS is one of the best DJ's of all time, and merks niggas on the battle tip, DMC champion, still cuttin like a mad man, his battle set been studied by dj premier and countless others!!!!!!!!! always knew how to incorporate his wheel skills... doesnt overplay his hand... but lets niggas know what time it is!!!!!!!!!

SAMPLING... crazy ear, can make any sample fall into his SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRUMS.... listen to the fucking drums on KILL DEVIL HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! cult assassin, sickly banger... trouble shooters.... sick...

SKULL AND GUNS got some of the thickest drums i heard in years kid... play it on a real system, light a spliff, and catch that chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a lot of these producers today make bangers, they got the EQ templates, stock drums, that bang on a system.... but a lot of it sounds the same!!!!!!!

MUGGS always been so far ahead of niggas with the drums, his drums made everyone step their shit up in the early 90's... and hes still building them up!!!!!!!!!!!!! this dude had analog drums sounding huge... if you made beats then... you were asking yourself "how the fuck did he do that?!?!?!!?!?"

producers can also learn a thing or two about SEQUENCING from muggs!!!!!!!!!! fade ins, fade outs... vocal sampling, chops, cuts...

i put my uncle on to this record... hes in his late 40's long time cypress fan... that nigga gave it one play through in his whip... and called me sayin its one of the dopest albums hes ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

every track got its own feel, rock solid back drops, dusted sampling... and some of the meanest drums youre ever gonna hear in the game life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in 93 this album would be 5 mics... jocked block to block... cant give it enough love!!!!!!!!!!

its time MUGGS starts gettin tossed around with the dres, preem, pete... hes right there for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love petes work today... i love preems work today... but i cant say theyre better than they were 10-15 years ago... MUGGS?!?!!?!?!? id actually have to really think about it!!!!!!!!!! hes still spreading his wings 20 plus deep in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. R&B
09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Word, Muggs' production is absolutely amazing!

If I were in the rap game, I'd definitely be jockin' this dude for beats.

Of course I'm bumping Kill Devil Hills as I type this.

FYE dicked me over on my pre-order on Tuesday...

They better have my shit right when I go tomorrow or I'm crackin' somebody's skull, seriously.

main_man
09-03-2010, 02:54 PM
i agree 100%,angry.
bill got the best beats from muggs since the first three cypress records. cat should thank whatever/whoever he prays to.
i listened to this album again today, just to see if it lost anything and its just as solid.
if it woulda came out in the 90s people would still be jocking it to this day. shit is just for real hard as nails, gutter hip hop music.
muggs = one of the top 5 producers of all time, easy.
and ill bill stepped his mc game up on this joint. cats really spittin on this one. easily bills best solo album.

J-DON
09-03-2010, 02:55 PM
I agree this fucking album is RIDICULOUS. Best hardcore hiphop album in YEARS and i dont even fuck with Bill like that.

The production is flawless.

Undiluted Karma
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
People will disagree with me, but alot tracks were mediocre except Trouble Shooters/Amputated Saints. All the Muggs related releases I've heard this is some of his most mediocre beats on this LP.

Jin10304
09-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Trouble Shooters production itself was mediocre, to have the main MC with Ruck, Jacken AND O.C. COMMANDS something way more dynamic IMO. Chase Manhattan, Kill Devil Hills, Ill Bill TV, Skull & Guns shit all over Shooters

J-DON
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Its an album where if the beat is weak bill and guests still carry the track and if the beat is good its a fucking banger.

Undiluted Karma
09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Its an album where if the beat is weak bill and guests still carry the track and if the beat is good its a fucking banger.

I don't rate Bill that much

peace

Paranoid
09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
album is a classic. im blown away

angry!
09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
i agree 100%,angry.
bill got the best beats from muggs since the first three cypress records. cat should thank whatever/whoever he prays to.
i listened to this album again today, just to see if it lost anything and its just as solid.
if it woulda came out in the 90s people would still be jocking it to this day. shit is just for real hard as nails, gutter hip hop music.
muggs = one of the top 5 producers of all time, easy.
and ill bill stepped his mc game up on this joint. cats really spittin on this one. easily bills best solo album.

most definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!

just pick a track...

"millenniums of murder"... are u fuckin kiddin me?!?!?!?!!? thats BOMB SQUAD level funk kid... with muggs signature gothic twist!!!!!!!!!

"ill bill tv"... thats that acid shit!!!!!!!!!!!! the scene is soulless kid... they dont feel the funk... catch a vibe... big boi solo album floppin in a time where souless trash is king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUGGS shittin niggas... bill bodied this record, his flip...

album concept
art
direction
cohesion

a seasoned ear is gonna love this... period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People will disagree with me, but alot tracks were mediocre except Trouble Shooters/Amputated Saints. All the Muggs related releases I've heard this is some of his most mediocre beats on this LP.

care to specify?!?!?!?!!?!?!

what was mediocre about it!?!?!?!!?!?!!?

this record is pakistani accessible!!!!!!!!!!!

you got a librarian build?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

angry!
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Trouble Shooters production itself was mediocre, to have the main MC with Ruck, Jacken AND O.C. COMMANDS something way more dynamic IMO. Chase Manhattan, Kill Devil Hills, Ill Bill TV, Skull & Guns shit all over Shooters

trouble shooter is a mediocre beat!?!?!?!?!?

play that for any real emcee and watch what happens!!!!!!!!!!

that beat is built to detonate on!!!!!!!!!!!

if you got a emcee bone in your body, you feelin that!!!!!!!!!!!! period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dead bassline with those drum snaps, fuck outta here!!!!!!!!!

acid funk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paranoid
09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
http://merchdirect.com/ILLBILL/CDs/DJ_MUGGS_VS_ILL_BILL_Kill_Devil_Hills_CD_DELUXE?pr oductid=12592

really want this shit is out of stock

Undiluted Karma
09-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I just wasn't feeling alot of the beats, and I'm generally not a fan of Ill Bill, case and point imo Giants Stadium and Ill Bill TV

Just my opinion, if youre upset by it thats up to you.

Amputated Saints /Trouble Shooters is my shit though.

P-Asia and GZA vs releases were far better imo , case and point Hashashins and Unstoppable Threats, only Amputated Saints /Trouble Shooters on KDH can come close to those beats.

Origin™
09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
With out a doubt one of the best raw hardcore albums about..

guest list is insane, beats are insane, Bill does his thing

2010 is my favourite year for raw album releases in a long time...

Ruste Juxx, Roc Marciano, Vinnie Paz, Freeways shit, and loads more, rawwwww shit ya'll!

also pick up Rustee Juxx 3rd solo LP, out this month!

JuXXman brining you more heat!

Jin10304
09-03-2010, 04:41 PM
"trouble shooter is a mediocre beat!?!?!?!?!?"

I didnt mistype. Both Bill & Muggs were bigging up this track in their videos about KDH. Lyrically its one of the best on the album no doubt, but for them to talk about it production wise makes me laugh. Its not ear catching, uninspiring & boring. The random Ghostface "Love" beat was odd as well & knowing Muggs can do A LOT better.

angry!
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
"trouble shooter is a mediocre beat!?!?!?!?!?"

I didnt mistype. Both Bill & Muggs were bigging up this track in their videos about KDH. Lyrically its one of the best on the album no doubt, but for them to talk about it production wise makes me laugh. Its not ear catching, uninspiring & boring. The random Ghostface "Love" beat was odd as well & knowing Muggs can do A LOT better.

trouble shooter beat is like waking up on street after gettin your wig split!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ringin out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wantin blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

classic muggs beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and its a david ruffin sample you fuckin goof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david ruffin puffs crack, so it makes perfect sense!!!!!!!!!!!!

wake up stat boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KILLUMINATI 666 beat is middle eastern digi sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! designer drug shit for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jin10304
09-03-2010, 05:00 PM
"and its a david ruffin sample you fuckin goof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I didnt mention the sample because I associated it with Ghostface, who gives a shit. Happends all the time when you hear folks say "Oh he stole the same so-n-so from Premier or Pete Rock" when really they mean the sample. Get over it who gives a shit lol

Undiluted Karma
09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
^Angry is a menopausal guy who has a Word file full of crappy insults and comparisons, he's opposed to anyones opinion who conflict with his lol

Pattch82
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
http://merchdirect.com/ILLBILL/CDs/DJ_MUGGS_VS_ILL_BILL_Kill_Devil_Hills_CD_DELUXE?pr oductid=12592

really want this shit is out of stock

I ordered this deluxe package and it was well worth it! The shirt is nice and the 'Cult Assassin' mixtape that came with it is fuckin' ILL!!!!!!!!!!!

The album itself is fuckin' craaaaazy, I'm a BIG Muggs fan, got pretty much everything dude has releasedand he really does just keep getting better!

His Vs. series is fuckin' MONUMENTAL!!! All classics... Grandmasters, Legend Of The Mask & Assassin, Pain Language and now Kill Devil Hills!! And all these albums were made after he'd already been in the game for 15 - 20 years!!! No other producer still makes heat consistently like that after such a long career!!!

I read an interview with Muggs just last week and even he says he doesnt think he has peaked yet, he still feels he hasnt reached his full potential as a producer!

I also read somewhere that apparently Muggs vs. B-Real is supposedly the next in the Vs. series, but Muggs is producing an electronic Reggae album first!!! WTF!

Peace!

Tecknowledgist
09-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I preordered the vinyl from UGHH and I still haven't got the shit... and I'm still holding out on most of the songs. Starting to lose patience

I heard the Kill Devil Hills track with B-Real and Paz though.....those drums are gonna make me break my neck! Shit bangs

Tecknowledgist
09-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Muggs Vs B-Real???? Why not just throw Sen Dog in and make a proper fucking Cypress Hill album after the disgrace that was Rising Up...

angry!
09-03-2010, 05:16 PM
^Angry is a menopausal guy who has a Word file full of crappy insults and comparisons, he's opposed to anyones opinion who conflict with his lol

youre a pakistani heart throb!!!!!!!!!!!!

im opposed to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have suspect smells omitting from your shell and shave 3 times a day!!!!!!!!!!!!

im opposed to that!!!!!!!!!!!!

shut the fuck up haj karma go ring a slurpee and relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you still mad cuz g rap smacked superhead!!!!!!!!!!!

your father hits your mom, call the cops faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I didnt mention the sample because I associated it with Ghostface, who gives a shit. Happends all the time when you hear folks say "Oh he stole the same so-n-so from Premier or Pete Rock" when really they mean the sample. Get over it who gives a shit lol "

no you said it was "random"....

beat switch... yeah... usually "random".... you must like your DJ to press play and dance!!!!!!!!!

jin: no random drops and switchups DJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pattch82
09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Muggs Vs B-Real???? Why not just throw Sen Dog in and make a proper fucking Cypress Hill album after the disgrace that was Rising Up...

Yup I totally agree.

The Muggs interview I read recently, the interviewer asked about Muggs' limited involvement with that record, and he said that B-Real literally took over 100% creative control of the group, and that B-Real wanted to recreate the group with a new sound. He also said that B-Real had a totally different vision for the group to what Muggs has so Muggs just let him do what he want to do but said he'd still support homie.

IMO B-Real needs to stick to MCing and get the next Cypress record fully Muggs produced, or atleast 90% (I could live with a couple of Alchemist beats on there!)

Peace!

Undiluted Karma
09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
"youre a pakistani heart throb!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think you just confirmed your homosexuality.

Undiluted Karma
09-03-2010, 05:20 PM

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly.

Jin10304
09-03-2010, 05:35 PM
"no you said it was "random"...."

Yes random as in it goes from the Shooters beat to Ghost/Ruffin's song, not that the sample/song wasn't recognizable. I did like "The Initiation" beat drop on Amputated Saint though.

fatboybrandon
09-03-2010, 08:04 PM
BOMB SQUAD level funk

is what I felt stepping into Fat Beats NY for the in store of Kill Devil Hills last Friday, not just the feel of the music but the AIR in that room. It was so damn hot in there I'm surprised the records didn't melt. I was hoping to get an autograph from Muggs or Bill but I couldn't stand in that store more than a few minutes..

I think Kill Devil Hills is a dope album angry!. The down low nature of Muggs as a producer paid off with this release, it sounds like he kept the original darkness and funk he's always had over the years without getting distracted by other production trends. It would be interesting to have an instrumental version of the album, hopefully they do one.

Paranoid
09-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I ordered this deluxe package and it was well worth it! The shirt is nice and the 'Cult Assassin' mixtape that came with it is fuckin' ILL!!!!!!!!!!!

did it allow you to choose size of the shirt?

J-DON
09-03-2010, 11:55 PM
DJ Muggs vs Sean Price would be so ridiculous.

Frank Sobotka
09-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Won't be released till next week here...

J-Cee
09-04-2010, 03:14 AM
been bumpin this album everyday..is a classic album..bill came through with the lyrics and concepts..muggs is just ridiculous..with every listen i like it more.

Undiluted Karma
09-04-2010, 03:21 AM
DJ Muggs vs Sean Price would be so ridiculous.

Haha yeah def agreed!

Mama I want to sing, I lol'ed hard at that bit

Pattch82
09-04-2010, 03:59 AM
did it allow you to choose size of the shirt?

Yeah it had M, L and XL available when I ordered mine.

Peace!

claaa7
09-04-2010, 04:01 AM
i agree with you Angry, Muggs is such a consistent producer that i couldn't really tell if he was better back in the days or since his "re-birth". for me i fucking LOVED Cypress Hill's three first albums and alot of IV (especially after i went back and re-visited it after all these years) but once "Skull & Bones" dropped i started losing interest in them, especially on the production tip. "Stoned Raiders" is a straight up disgrace to the rest of their catalouge imo and because of that i haven't even heard "Til' Death Do Us Part" but i'll check it out eventually.

The "Soul Assassins" chapters are amazing, especially the 1st but that was also a 90's joint so therefore it felt so damn good to see DJ Muggs come out with the vs. series. Incredible beats for GZA/Genius, Sick Jacken, Planet Asia and the joints i heard from "Kill Devil Hills" is pure heat. i admit i haven't bumped it through all the way but i haven't gotten around to copping it yet and i wanna keep it fresh and i've been low as hell on cash altho i choosed to starve a day to support True Master and KRS (especially since i know that is hardly gonna sell a copy so that's real important to buy imo). i'll probably give the download a spin soon tho, no doubt.

Tecknowledgist
09-04-2010, 04:21 AM
^haha there you go... not eating so you can afford to buy an album

that's hip-hop!

Paranoid
09-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Yeah it had M, L and XL available when I ordered mine.

Peace!

cool thanks

claaa7
09-04-2010, 05:23 AM
^haha there you go... not eating so you can afford to buy an album

that's hip-hop!

haha you know it, there's been so many times i spent money on albums when i really, really know i shouldn't cuz i can't afford it but still picks it up. especially with the internet and buying with a fucking click and then paying for it later fucked up alot of months for me lol.

Undiluted Karma
09-04-2010, 05:48 AM
i agree with you Angry, Muggs is such a consistent producer that i couldn't really tell if he was better back in the days or since his "re-birth". for me i fucking LOVED Cypress Hill's three first albums and alot of IV (especially after i went back and re-visited it after all these years) but once "Skull & Bones" dropped i started losing interest in them, especially on the production tip. "Stoned Raiders" is a straight up disgrace to the rest of their catalouge imo and because of that i haven't even heard "Til' Death Do Us Part" but i'll check it out eventually.

The "Soul Assassins" chapters are amazing, especially the 1st but that was also a 90's joint so therefore it felt so damn good to see DJ Muggs come out with the vs. series. Incredible beats for GZA/Genius, Sick Jacken, Planet Asia and the joints i heard from "Kill Devil Hills" is pure heat. i admit i haven't bumped it through all the way but i haven't gotten around to copping it yet and i wanna keep it fresh and i've been low as hell on cash altho i choosed to starve a day to support True Master and KRS (especially since i know that is hardly gonna sell a copy so that's real important to buy imo). i'll probably give the download a spin soon tho, no doubt.

That's dedication man,I'm buying CD's more, although I don't use speakers I still like having the physical copy, got all the main Wu CD's, getting Hell Razah and Timbo's releases, maybe Jim Jones too

If you buy a CD from a proper retailer months after its been released, the artists don't profit do they, as its just left over cd's from the last order.

spiggity_ace
09-04-2010, 06:06 AM
If you buy a CD from a proper retailer months after its been released, the artists don't profit do they, as its just left over cd's from the last order.

the money the retailer pays to buy the cds from the distributer i think is what the artist gets a cut of, not the actual single purchases, i think thats how record sales are counted too, how many units are shipped to the retailer

Frank Sobotka
09-04-2010, 06:45 AM
the money the retailer pays to buy the cds from the distributer i think is what the artist gets a cut of, not the actual single purchases, i think thats how record sales are counted too, how many units are shipped to the retailer
They send records back right?

J-DON
09-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I wonder if Ghostface was supposed to be on Chase Manhattan too. It sounds like him yellin in the background in the intro.

Jin10304
09-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah its most likely him in the backround of Chase with Raekwon. Cant forget Muggs contribution to Funkdoobiest's 2nd album "Brothas Doobie" where he produced the majority of the tracks.

Mr. R&B
09-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Nah, it's Rae.

I thought the same thing at first too, then I heard a better quality version of the song.

He's just yelling in a higher tone of voice than usual, I guess they've spent so much time around each other they're adopting similar mannerisms.

claaa7
09-05-2010, 06:00 AM
ooooh shit, this album is ill as hell!! i listened to it yesterday but i was so wasted that it didn't really stick but right now after a j, it's INSANE. i love the concepts of each song, Ill Bill is really, really talking about real shit on this and DJ Muggs beats compliments it perfectly. damn, this is futuristic headnod boom bap with an extreme dose of justified paranoia. the guests KILL it too, did y'all hear OC?? i've said for a long time that he's easily one of the best MC's to ever do it, top 10. that short verse is the best part of lyricism on the entire album filled with lyrical dopeness.

B-Real kills it too, THIS is how the fuck i wanna hear Cypress Hill!! I'm all for a DJ Muggs vs. B-Real as far as this sound goes and where they both are at right now at their game. But why the fuck wouldn't they just call it Cypress Hill and add a few verses hooks and ad-libs by Sen Dog. WOW, the production on "Amputed Saint" is OUT OF THIS WORLD and "Skull & Guns" has a 'Temples Of Boom' vibe to it.

claaa7
09-05-2010, 06:03 AM
oh and Ill Bill is definitely a nice MC, he had a period where he screamed alot which wasn't all that when he was inspired by all that metal, but here he comes correct. Muggs really brought back the best in him, "What's Wrong With Bill" was dope but hardly had much replay value and the other album he dropped that had that DJ Premier track wasn't all that either, only heard it once.

claaa7
09-05-2010, 06:24 AM
B-Real sounds unbelivably dope over these type of Muggs beat. "Kill Devil Hills" is fucking wild, and "2013" is one of my favorites too. Cypress Hill could possibly make an album right now that would stand on the same level as "Temples Of Boom" almost.

MaskedAvenger
09-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Muggs has always been dope, I dont know why you all are acting surprised. Personally, ive only listened to this album once so i know it will only grow on me but i wasnt that impressed upon first listen.

THE MASON
09-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Muggs showing a lot of versatility with the "Vs" series.

i have em all and when i listen the production tip varies on each album. Muggs got a good ear for making beats that fit the emcees style. definitely underated when talking greatest producers, i rarely hear his name dropped in there.

Muggs sample game is ridiculous but i think on Kill Devil Hills his drum game was nothing to fuck with. Trouble Shooters is a track for emcee to just flat out beast on, Skulls and Guns, Amutated Saint, the drum rolls on Cult Assassin are fuckin dope.

shit just bangs, Muggs definitely shows his experience on this album, think basslines, ill sample chops, and bangin drums plus the mixing of his beats is flawless, nothing competing to be heard, every sound blends.

BIG D O
09-05-2010, 06:08 PM
yes, KDH is a really good album....Muggs and Bill made a masterpiece....

whitey
09-05-2010, 11:05 PM
i think muggs did a good job on this album for sure. 50/50 between legit bangers and good tracks.

the guest spots are all dope for the most part.

bill is the only thing that gets me a bit about the album. like with all things he does, i like him on some of the tracks, others he falls into the monotonous rap style/choruses that he tends to do. its almost like some of his songs from totally different albums could be chopped up and put onto this album and besides the words and beat you wouldnt know you were listening to a different song if that makes sense.

that being said, still a strong album.

i'd like muggs to work with a top of the line MC on his next album. i know that sounds harsh on GZA, i consider him a top mc no doubt, but he wasn't bringing the energy he had on earlier works on grandmasters and lacks replay value to me. i like SJ, and PA too but i dont think they are on the level of the following... An album starring Rae, Ghost, Styles P, Em, Clipse, Prodigy, Mega, Nas, Sean P, B-Real (a full solo, not 2 songs!, his guest appearances were ill on KDH), R.A., or Freeway would be out of this world.

I think muggs can serve up beats that would complement that lot of rappers perfectly.

Pattch82
09-06-2010, 01:24 AM
The 3 top 3 MC's I'd love to see Muggs do a Vs. album with would be...

Muggs Vs. Kool G Rap ...or... Muggs Vs. Sean Price ...OR... Muggs Vs. Inspectah Deck

I would go crazy if he collaborated wit any of these!!!

Peace!

angry!
09-06-2010, 10:33 AM
i'd like muggs to work with a top of the line MC on his next album. i know that sounds harsh on GZA, i consider him a top mc no doubt, but he wasn't bringing the energy he had on earlier works on grandmasters and lacks replay value to me. i like SJ, and PA too but i dont think they are on the level of the following... An album starring Rae, Ghost, Styles P, Em, Clipse, Prodigy, Mega, Nas, Sean P, B-Real (a full solo, not 2 songs!, his guest appearances were ill on KDH), R.A., or Freeway would be out of this world.

I think muggs can serve up beats that would complement that lot of rappers perfectly.

i like that MUGGS works with niggas like jack, asia, and bill...

he sees the potential... and helps them reach it!!!!!!!!!!

i think bill bodied this record personally, mad variation vocally, dope hooks, ill verses, spazmatic flows and patterns, ill visually....

and i think grandmasters has some of GZAs finest writing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obviously, i would love to see a ghostface/muggs meth/muggs g rap/muggs... but i think its dope that MUGGS works with niggas he feels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"secrets worth dying for"... listen to those drums, the squeal... thats some digital MUGGS funk right there... im tellin yall, this album is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b-real out of his fuckin mind son, producing half the latest cypress album, duckin muggs, shit was wack, and it hurt the brand!!!!!!!!!!! didnt improve the sound, didnt get any exxtra sales, wack move all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the last track is gangsta too... howie tribute... beat is mad original, dope kicks...

MUGGS beats on till death do us part were GANGSTA too... but the VS. albums are one of the dopest things goin on in hip hop today!!!!!!!!!!

djskillz
09-06-2010, 10:39 AM
If Muggs were to do a VS. with Clipse or even just Pusha T, I would explode.

Mr. R&B
09-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I honestly don't see how anyone can listen to ILL BILL and not be utterly amazed.

Sure, his subject matter might not be everyone' flavor, but as far as technque & execution Bill is one of the sickest MCs I ever heard.

His lyrics just spill out like projectile vomit, even when he turns the energy of his flow down a bit.

But everyone has their own perception of things, so w/e.

Prince Rai
09-06-2010, 02:15 PM
i am glad this came out, absolutely insane.

Mr. R&B
09-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I must've listened to this album at least 20 times since I aquired it.

Paranoid
09-06-2010, 07:42 PM
its addictive

THE W
09-06-2010, 11:27 PM
i listened to KDH twice so far, i like pain language and grandmasters more.

i'll see if it gets better with more spins.

oDoUoSoKo
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
i still cant find this shit..eloels...

Mr. R&B
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
You mean a physical copy, right?

I'm having the same problem.

oDoUoSoKo
09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
no i didn mean that, but i got it..will buy tho, its sick so far

Undiluted Karma
09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
i listened to KDH twice so far, i like pain language and grandmasters more.

i'll see if it gets better with more spins.

That's because Pain Language and Grandmasters are better(imo)

oDoUoSoKo
09-07-2010, 05:35 PM
just ordered the deluxe edition

Paranoid
09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
That's because Pain Language and Grandmasters are better(imo)

i have to strongly disagree there

oDoUoSoKo
09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
i think i might too...and thats just on first listen...but idk..pain language was sick too...but this was so dark, and focused..and ..nuts..eloels.

main_man
09-07-2010, 10:42 PM
yeah, all the muggs vs albums have been tight, but this one is my favorite.
bill got the best batch of beats to rip, and he does a great job rippin them.
muggs brought out the best in bill and vice versa.
straight gutter hardcore hip hop. im just glad people still make this kind of music.

claaa7
09-08-2010, 03:21 AM
i'm not sure if it's fucking with "Grandmasters" tbh, i know that album catches alot of flack now (that's the trend right now - unlike when it dropped when it was hailed as a CLASSIC, Liquid Swords II and i don't know what). the beats on "Grandmasters" was all incredible front-to-back and GZA ripped every single track, only problem was the mixing of the vocals on some of the tracks and some might say that GZA sounds sleepy but it was first with "Pro Tools" i think that really started taking something away from his verses.

"Kill Devil Hills" is an amazing record tho, i need to give it more spins. every beat and guest feature on here sets the record STRAIGHT and Billy Willy is slaying mics as well. his voice can get a little tiresome for me at times but at the same time, i've been a fan for a long time and to hear him go in like THIS is a great thing to wittness. easily his best solo album to me!

oDoUoSoKo
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
man, how is this shit listed as preordered in my order status...isnt this shit out already? what am i missing..eloels

Tecknowledgist
09-11-2010, 05:22 PM
^i had the same problem. the vinyl version doesn't come out until september 28th apparently.

trinking
09-11-2010, 06:23 PM
i'm not sure if it's fucking with "Grandmasters" tbh, i know that album catches alot of flack now (that's the trend right now - unlike when it dropped when it was hailed as a CLASSIC, Liquid Swords II and i don't know what). the beats on "Grandmasters" was all incredible front-to-back and GZA ripped every single track, only problem was the mixing of the vocals on some of the tracks and some might say that GZA sounds sleepy but it was first with "Pro Tools" i think that really started taking something away from his verses.

"Kill Devil Hills" is an amazing record tho, i need to give it more spins. every beat and guest feature on here sets the record STRAIGHT and Billy Willy is slaying mics as well. his voice can get a little tiresome for me at times but at the same time, i've been a fan for a long time and to hear him go in like THIS is a great thing to wittness. easily his best solo album to me!

i agree grandmasters is better all around imo..BUT this is NOT bill's best album. What's wrong with Bill is a CLASSIC front to back..this isn't

pmack215
09-11-2010, 10:11 PM

nah.... i'm a huge gza supporter, & u could see what gza was tryna do on those "slow" tracks, but i just didnt come out right at all & he shoulda scrapped them. gza doesnt have the voice & mic charisma for that...as say a GFK, nas, common, meth....

gza is a completely different MC when he's spitting w/ passion.

oDoUoSoKo
09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
^i had the same problem. the vinyl version doesn't come out until september 28th apparently.
thats y for u..but i ordered the cd...deluxe joint...is that released later too?

EAGLE EYE
09-12-2010, 02:36 AM
i hope an instrumental version of this comes out

Paranoid
09-14-2010, 12:15 AM
i hope an instrumental version of this comes out

yea i wanna rap over this shit

Paranoid
09-14-2010, 12:20 AM
furthermore this album is classic. the replay value...im still listening every day. every track is a banger. lyrics are ridiculous. only beat i wasn't too crazy about giants stadium

Frank Sobotka
09-14-2010, 07:37 AM
september 14th, still not in the mail....

oDoUoSoKo
09-14-2010, 08:11 AM
when did u order it? i ordered it exactly a week ago..its still listed as preordered

Paranoid
09-14-2010, 03:49 PM
even the weakest tracks are dope

Mr. R&B
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
There are no weak tracks, just short ones.

I think that's where some people's issue with the album lies.

ILL BILL destroyed every single beat on the album, but some songs shoulda been longer...

That's the only shortcoming of the project, otherwise it's flawless.

Paranoid
09-14-2010, 04:59 PM
There are no weak tracks, just short ones.

I think that's where some people's issue with the album lies.

ILL BILL destroyed every single beat on the album, but some songs shoulda been longer...

That's the only shortcoming of the project, otherwise it's flawless.

in comparison to the rest of the beats i think giant's stadium was a little weaker. doesnt at all hurt the album and the verses alone make it a good song for me

Jin10304
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah I wasnt feeling Stadium or 2013 at all.

Undiluted Karma
09-14-2010, 07:35 PM
hahaha Stadium is a horrid beat imo.

Mr. R&B
09-15-2010, 02:15 AM
I suppose I can see how the Giant's Stadium beat could be annoying to some.

I however, think it's dope.

The way Muggs utilized that vocal sample is nuts!

2013 has a crazy beat IMO, the drums knock harder than a motherfucker and that Sitar loop is retarded (in a good way).

Paranoid
09-15-2010, 02:16 PM
http://vimeo.com/14675966

Paranoid
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I suppose I can see how the Giant's Stadium beat could be annoying to some.

I however, think it's dope.

The way Muggs utilized that vocal sample is nuts!

2013 has a crazy beat IMO, the drums knock harder than a motherfucker and that Sitar loop is retarded (in a good way).

2013 is sick. and the lyrical content is crazy(in a good way). giants stadium i dont rly like new school synthesizey beats like that i find them kinda corny, wasnt necessarily bad im not into that tho. the album as a whole is an instant classic for me but ill bill is one of my fav mcs

Paranoid
09-15-2010, 02:27 PM
and most people sleepin on ill bill and dont know whats up and probably never heard non phixion. eminem isnt shit compared to bill. bill is a fuckin hip hop monster his flow is impeccable and speaks on real issues instead of

hR1dI5zneYo

...cant fux with this

X-dd_WfC0N0

Mr. R&B
09-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Bill is otherwordly with the lyrical skills and flow.

I appreciate your sig very much, God Is An Atheist showcases ILL BILL at his peak.

Paranoid
09-15-2010, 05:11 PM
SO-V8NHRmmU

Djaminha
09-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I dont like Bill....how is the illuminati is real issue?

Paranoid
09-15-2010, 11:54 PM
I dont like Bill....how is the illuminati is real issue?

how isnt a real issue? if you dont like bill get out

Mr. R&B
09-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Bill has touched on many different topic over the years, and spoken on all of them incredibly well.

Why he isn't more highly regarded in Hip-Hop is beyond me, he's the complete package (no homo).

main_man
09-16-2010, 05:25 PM
i agree that giants stadium is the weakest track on the album.
but it has q-unique on it, and i've always liked that guy.

album is a certified banger. replay value is very high.

Tecknowledgist
09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
The best tracks on the album are the ones they used for the cartoon videos.

A few of the tracks really stick out, The ILLBILLTV and Trouble Shooters beats sound completely different than the rest of the material. More polished, funky while the rest is just basement dirty.

Can't wait to see the Milleniums of Murder video haha

Mr. R&B
09-17-2010, 08:03 AM
It should be epic, the series has been awesome so far.

I hope it's not too long before Bill releases it.

angry!
09-17-2010, 01:42 PM
i agree that giants stadium is the weakest track on the album.
but it has q-unique on it, and i've always liked that guy.

album is a certified banger. replay value is very high.

i love that giants stadium beat... and q always been dope, bambaataa brought that nigga in... official b-boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giants stadium is that digital funk!!!!!!!!!!

the drum snaps on there bang, and i love the chops, MUGGS flexed his DJ skills there!!!!!!!!!!!

i like every track honestly...

and ILL BILL is incredibly underrated, if you rap, and strive to be a lyricist, you probably respect bill... original style, ranging content, strong hooks... it cracks me up when niggas consider him a conspiracy rapper.... i consider him creative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! touch on aliens, the PJ's, comin up, drugs, family, all over the map with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

this album is incredible, point blank period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont give a fuck if i sound bitter, the digital age got faggot nerds that dont know shit about music talkin wild reckless, a small piece of a big problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"secrets worth dying for" is on infinite loop!!!!!!!!! muggs got the pads screechin in pain, and bill talkin bout irish car bombs... if you dont like bill, you probably got a small brain!!!!!!!!!

ancient science, aliens, religion, niggas used to talk about shit like this in the hood when KNOWLEDGE was valued, now these faggot niggas wanna play dumb like being smart is wack... NAH... youre wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

consciousness is at an all time low, brainwashing in full effect, niggas dressing like faggots in the hood, everything gets a pass, but a record like this gets slept on... do some reading, and come back to this album if it sounds like some fuckin loose change conspiracy bullshit, ask some questions, advance your train of thought, you sound helpless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know if 2012 is the end... but niggas gonna be wearing skirts in hip hop by 2012!!!!!!!!! watch!!!!!!!!!!

what should ILL BILL rap about?!?!!?!?!? what hes wearing!?!?!?!?! what hes driving?!?!!?!? dumb niggas, son BODIED this album front to back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. R&B
09-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Incerdibly well put.

This album is crack rock.

I can't put it down, i'm at like 50+ spins so far.

Jin10304
09-17-2010, 08:42 PM
"ranging content"

Besides Manhattan & Narco the album's topics repeats itself in many ways with conspiracy theories.

main_man
09-18-2010, 02:34 AM
i think angry meant that ill bill's discography has ranging content.

one thing about bill for certain, he's hood for real. cat's lived the struggle, unlike some rhyme spitters. i can respect that.

my whole thing is rhyme about what you wanna rhyme about. gangsta shit, consciousness, conspiracy theories, pimp shit, hoe shit, fuck...you can rhyme about your car. JUST DO IT WELL. put forth some effort. just make it dope. and a lot of cats in the here and now do not put any effort, intelligence or good old fashioned soul in the hip hop they put out.

but in the case of this record, they did the damn thing and did it well.

JASPER BEARDLY
02-14-2012, 02:35 AM
I had forgotten how ill this album is. I usually just played chase manhattan but fromt to back this is a dope record.

Bill is incredibly slept on. even by some real heads

JASPER BEARDLY
02-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Listening to this album again has me looking forward to heavy metal kimgs vs muggs

Should be better than last jmt album, bill >>> jus allah

RADIOACTIVE MAN
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Angry..dawg u mentioned sermon..a dude thAt doesn't get enough respect..for that alone..this thread won again