PDA

View Full Version : Tarver V Calzaghe?????

Prince Rai
10-11-2005, 01:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4331788.stm

yep its sorta a possibilty when joes hand has healed..

tho it sounds a bit woahh.. i think its a great match up.. tho i did want joe fighting jeff, considering that is the correct move in the weight category..

however... tarver v calzaghe sounds absolutely dope too...

drop ur thoughts peacee

benzo
10-11-2005, 05:04 PM
"Left Hook" is a much more exciting fighter than Tarver, imo. I'd much rather see him unify the super-middleweight title first since Calzaghe has long been seen as the champ in that division. Also, Calzaghe won't bring in the bucks that an American fighter would against Tarver considering Tarver's U.S. audience is big now. Calzaghe can get some recognition over here if he takes out Lacy first. I just don't see this fight happening. Plus, Tarver will have to get "up" for a fight that isn't as big publically as his last several bouts, a problem Morales had in his last ass-whupping. I say bring back Glen Johnson for a rematch against Tarver. Peace.....

ARCHRIVAL
10-11-2005, 05:17 PM
yeah it sounds like a dopw fight

Prince Rai
10-12-2005, 06:02 AM
"Left Hook" is a much more exciting fighter than Tarver, imo. I'd much rather see him unify the super-middleweight title first since Calzaghe has long been seen as the champ in that division. Also, Calzaghe won't bring in the bucks that an American fighter would against Tarver considering Tarver's U.S. audience is big now. Calzaghe can get some recognition over here if he takes out Lacy first. I just don't see this fight happening. Plus, Tarver will have to get "up" for a fight that isn't as big publically as his last several bouts, a problem Morales had in his last ass-whupping. I say bring back Glen Johnson for a rematch against Tarver. Peace.....
absolutely true bout that, i also think its wiser for left hook 2 get calzaghe now.. BUT another tarver johnson fight?? hmm dats pipeline anyway isnt it?

just curious 2 see what cud happen..

btw.. things goin g on in the middleweight division
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4334016.stm

Prince Rai
10-12-2005, 06:03 AM
peace arch... def would be dope

Dirt W McGirt
10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
I'd rather see Calzaghe fight Lacy or Kessler. Tarver should fight anyone at light heavyweight besides Johnson and Jones.

benzo
10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Yo Prince, I was just sayin that Johnson is the only major light-heavy out there that I know of. Plus, Johnson looked 100% in his last fight (the night before Tarver/Jones 3). Now if Tarver moves up in weight, that opens the door to all types of ill shit...
Pretty standard move for Taylor to make, it makes "dollars and sence". I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd love to watch Hopkins just pick this boy apart. I don't think it'll be a repeat of the first one. Anyways, peace man.......

Sergio
10-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I agree Johnson Tarver 3 would be awesome. Hey Benzo where did you see Johnson last fight? I fucken hate how boxing is such a pimped out sport, Fuck if it is not on HBO or Show, nobody finds out!

Dirt W McGirt
10-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Sergio-it was on Fox Sports Net.

I don't think Johnson-Tarver III would be exciting. Tarver should defend against someone like Briggs, Erdei or Adamek.

Prince Rai
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Sergio-it was on Fox Sports Net.

I don't think Johnson-Tarver III would be exciting. Tarver should defend against someone like Briggs, Erdei or Adamek.
i mean it would be exciting definitely, but as u said a lil bit of variation is also potential classic stuff..

btw... those who remember watchin the contender.... the teo finalists sergio mora and the other guy.. peter manfredo
they are gonna fight again next thursday i think... but its soon definitely.

ok i know not much is at stake.. in terms of abc crap... but them two def are good fighters who can entertain!!

Dirt W McGirt
10-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah they're fighting saturday, there are a few fights.

Manfredo v.s. Mora
Alfonso Gomez is fighting a nobody, Bonsante and Brinkley are fighting each other, Jonathan Reid and Miguel Espino are fighting each other and Juan de la Rosa is fighting some nobody.

hectis
10-14-2005, 11:37 AM
tarver should move up to heavyweight instead of fighting these lame ass boxers come on a fight with calzaghe? tarver would beat the shit out of him a 3rd fight with johnson would be ok but he'll easily win and roy jones better never fight tarver again unless he must of forgot how he got his ass whoped the last two times i would like to see tarver move up and fight james toney now that would be ill.

peace!

Prince Rai
10-14-2005, 01:43 PM
calzaghe aint lame though!!!!!!!

Dirt W McGirt
10-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Calzaghe's excuses are lame. Tarver is so lanky I don't think he would be good at heavyweight. I'm not even impressed with him at Light-heavy, but he would be like Bob Foster at heavyweight except he doesn't hit as hard.

Prince Rai
10-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Calzaghe's excuses are lame. Tarver is so lanky I don't think he would be good at heavyweight. I'm not even impressed with him at Light-heavy, but he would be like Bob Foster at heavyweight except he doesn't hit as hard.
yep tarver got some flaws.. but he still can have a crack.. i mean look at the heavyweight divison anyway!!!!

and calzaghes excuses?? hmm well he does have genuine reasons why he cudnt fight at timesss..

doesnt make him less of a good fighter!!!

Dirt W McGirt
10-14-2005, 02:29 PM
He's a good fighter but he's going to waste his career if he doesn't step it up soon. No more Mario Veit's, Lacy, Calzaghe, and Kessler need to fight one another.

Prince Rai
10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
He's a good fighter but he's going to waste his career if he doesn't step it up soon. No more Mario Veit's, Lacy, Calzaghe, and Kessler need to fight one another.
oh i knoww... but he was to fight lacy.. unfortunately he won 8 rounds of 12 with his right hand broken in his last fight...

so u see... his injury gets in the way...

he aint using excuses.. calzghe knows he can do it!!!

Dirt W McGirt
10-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Maybe he can, I hope we find out sometime in 2006, Lacy has been on a tear lately.

Ronin
10-15-2005, 09:45 AM
calzaghe would ko tarver

i have never seen lacy fight, but he looks huge for a super mid

calzaghe is touted as the best in the division though, shames hes never had his big chance for unification, his hand injurys suck

Prince Rai
10-15-2005, 02:22 PM
yep true say ronin!

ko lacy?? well dats what calzaghe would say.. cos he likes fighters who go up to him.. dats the style calzaghe neutralises..

well it gta happen anyway.. the fight that is

hectis
10-19-2005, 02:38 PM
calzaghe would ko tarver

i have never seen lacy fight, but he looks huge for a super mid

calzaghe is touted as the best in the division though, shames hes never had his big chance for unification, his hand injurys suckare you crazy like i said tarver would beat the shit out of calzaghe and jeff would ko him in the first three rounds

Big Bad Man
10-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Tarvers over-rated. So he beat an old roy jones. Wow. Big hard ons. Hope they fight and I hope Calzaghe fucks him up.

Tarver has nuttin man. RJJ was just scared to get hit, then he left it too late to open up in round 5 and nearly did but his age never let him, I reckon he did try though.

hectis
10-19-2005, 07:12 PM
why does everyone seem to want this bullshit fight to happen talk about a better fight that should happen like mayweather vs judah and as far as tarver being over rated do you wacth boxing with your eyes closed

peace

Big Bad Man
10-19-2005, 07:14 PM
I dont just watch it actually, fuck u know?

Good point on mayweather v judah but. Why no both? Thats wits missing these days, 1 or 2 big fights a year at most, shite promotion.

Dirt W McGirt
10-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I agree Tarver is somewhat overrated. He isn't always there during the fight, and takes a lot of rounds off which have led to his three losses. He can probably beat everyone at light heavyweight but Lacy would get him if they fought and Mormeck would destroy him.

Fragmented
10-19-2005, 08:14 PM
are you crazy like i said tarver would beat the shit out of calzaghe and jeff would ko him in the first three rounds
no offence but joe has the drop on both these fighters watch when he fights lacy, lacy is gonna get dropped

hectis
10-20-2005, 08:57 AM
I dont just watch it actually, fuck u know?

Good point on mayweather v judah but. Why no both? Thats wits missing these days, 1 or 2 big fights a year at most, shite promotion.what about tayler(if he beats hopkins)vs lacy would you want to see that fight happen

Big Bad Man
10-22-2005, 10:58 AM
what about tayler(if he beats hopkins)vs lacy would you want to see that fight happen
Taylor would beat hopkins again, and aye, that be a great fight, but I hink after the hopkins rematch he needs to work on a few basics, coz man, I reckon he gonna develop into a legend 1 day, has all the potential.

hectis
10-22-2005, 01:06 PM
yeah i think taylor will beat hopkins again too. hopkins is a legend but his time is up. who is winky wright fighting next does any one know i hope its not a bullshit fight thats worthless.

Dirt W McGirt
10-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Winky is fighting Sam Soliman ranked #8 by The Ring in December.

hectis
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
mosley and vargas might fight now that might be a good fight and tarver is going to be in rocky 6 wtf rocky is like 90 what is the plot of the movie going to be? tarver goes to the old folks home and picks on an elderly rocky until his great grandson fights for his rights

Prince Rai
10-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Winky is fighting Sam Soliman ranked #8 by The Ring in December.
serious?? man dats lame!

Dirt W McGirt
10-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah, but the middleweight division isn't great to begin with. I'd rather see him fight Ikeke, because I think Ikeke is a fraud waiting to be exposed.

benzo
10-24-2005, 02:59 PM
serious?? man dats lame!
Typical HBO bullshit......

Dirt W McGirt
10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
It isn't that bad, atleast it isn't a PPV and atleast it is a real ranked contender.

benzo
10-24-2005, 05:20 PM
yes, it is that bad. the public is so used to paying $50 to see a "real" fight a couple times a year that these "free" HBO broadcasts seem like a gift. HBO signs fighters, not fights. so look forward to more: PPV Barrera bullshit (i love Marco, but let's see him in some real wars again), safe fights for Mayweather, Gatti, Wright, etc. think back 10 years- "HBO Championship Boxing" and "Boxing After Dark" were badass fights. now, they use these tune-up bouts to get their fighters ready for PPV!

Dirt W McGirt
10-24-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm just saying it's better than PPV. The fight will be boring as hell anyway because it's Winky and Soliman doesn't pack a punch. HBO is slipping anyway, Showtime has the better fights recently, HBO needs to get Barrera, Morales, Pacquiao and Marquez (if he stops acting like an idiot) to fight one another I don't care who fights who. But back to this fight, the middleweight division isn't even that deep right now, Taylor and Hopkins are fighting again, and DLH is going to try and get his fat ass down to 147, I'd rather see Winky fight Vargas again, Felix Sturm, or Kingsley Ikeke but atleast he's keeping busy.

benzo
10-27-2005, 08:47 AM
^yep. my point is that HBO sucks now. and oscar is saying his last fight will be next year against Mayweather (after one other bout earlier in the year)! what bullshit! i know he'll find a way to get out of that one cause i don't think he wants to be remembered as getting his as dominated in his last fight (RRJ, anyone?). winky vs. vargas would be a pretty good match up. peace, man........

Big Bad Man
10-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Middleweight just like any other division sucks baws right now just coz theres too many organisations and diff weight categories, middleweight should be 150-160, none of this other bullshit made up weight classes to suit certain peoples. Same wit any other division, imagine there was only 1 HW title n shit, the lack of good fighters would be forgotten coz it be a mad hunger chase for the biggest title on the planet, it could be done an all, up to 1 organisation to step up and treat fighters proper, and the fighters will do it, unless they are shitebags. Peace.

Sergio
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Mayweather is King!

Big Bad Man
10-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Mayweather is King!
Agreed.

Dirt W McGirt
10-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Actually some of the divisions really aren't all that bad, the problem is they are from welterweight down so the casual fan doesn't pay much attention to them.

Prince Rai
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Actually some of the divisions really aren't all that bad, the problem is they are from welterweight down so the casual fan doesn't pay much attention to them.
i mean ure right.. there are some jewels in the upper divisons... but most action comes from below..

isit me or was my last comment pretty gay?

benzo
10-28-2005, 06:20 PM
LOL.... depends on who's below, I guess. Hey, Mayweather is the king pound 4 pound, but damn, he needs to step it up and put his nuts on the line. If he takes on Margarito, I'll have way more respect for the Pretty Boy.

hectis
10-28-2005, 09:25 PM
hbo be pushing heavyweights who just suck LOOKING FOR THE NEXT GREAT ONE (MIKE GRANT SHANNON BRIGGS ANY ONE)

the insignificant
10-29-2005, 02:53 AM
calzaghe is way overrated in the uk... he just let's go with excuse after excuse... remember when he was supposed to fight the winner of brewer and echols? he fought the guy who got stopped in the third round... and what of echols? warren put up some bogus offer which no one in their right mind would have signed... the amount of 'injuries' and 'flus' calzaghe has 'suffered' smacks of the james toney situation...

calzaghe struggles to make weight at super middle, talks some rubbish about moving up to light heavy and then talks some more bullshit and fights more lames... he took one look at light heavy and saw that briggs would knock him into retirement and adamek is has too tough a chin and superior skills to beat...

calzaghe could have been great... but instead of dropping that useless wbo title (not to mention frank warren) and taking contender matches to make him a mandatory challenger to a real belt, he bitched (and lied) that no one was willing to fight him... his stoppage win over mitchel was laughable... he threw about 20 punches, landed about 4, got hit by the last 2 of the fight and the moron referee decided mitchel had had enough...

tarver isn't fantastic, but fair is fair, briggs and adamek put on a real show earlier this year and deserve that match much more than some frank warren fraud...

Prince Rai
10-29-2005, 06:48 AM
calzaghe is way overrated in the uk... he just let's go with excuse after excuse... remember when he was supposed to fight the winner of brewer and echols? he fought the guy who got stopped in the third round... and what of echols? warren put up some bogus offer which no one in their right mind would have signed... the amount of 'injuries' and 'flus' calzaghe has 'suffered' smacks of the james toney situation...

calzaghe struggles to make weight at super middle, talks some rubbish about moving up to light heavy and then talks some more bullshit and fights more lames... he took one look at light heavy and saw that briggs would knock him into retirement and adamek is has too tough a chin and superior skills to beat...

calzaghe could have been great... but instead of dropping that useless wbo title (not to mention frank warren) and taking contender matches to make him a mandatory challenger to a real belt, he bitched (and lied) that no one was willing to fight him... his stoppage win over mitchel was laughable... he threw about 20 punches, landed about 4, got hit by the last 2 of the fight and the moron referee decided mitchel had had enough...

tarver isn't fantastic, but fair is fair, briggs and adamek put on a real show earlier this year and deserve that match much more than some frank warren fraud...
ok you have some point..

considering they say calzaghes best win was over eubank.. but lol hes out like years ago..

BUT... hes not thatt overrated.. many writers here do say that he needs real fight to be reagrded as a true champ!!

Prince Rai
10-29-2005, 06:50 AM
LOL.... depends on who's below, I guess. Hey, Mayweather is the king pound 4 pound, but damn, he needs to step it up and put his nuts on the line. If he takes on Margarito, I'll have way more respect for the Pretty Boy.
lol..

but you are right tho, i mean mayweather has become my favourite boxer and thats not only because he is.. its because he fights with excitement nahmean?
i mean winky is damn good but can be way 2 boring.

mayweather got the quality to fight anybody, so he should!

Prince Rai
10-29-2005, 06:51 AM
lol i dont know who reads "THE RING" but they were saying that the only opponent floyd could maybe lose to was an alligator or a bear LMAO

Big Bad Man
10-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Lmao, I canny see Mayweather get beat at his weight division either man, no chance. 1 of my fav fighters coz he got charisma, personality and is bold as fuck, talks shit when need be but damn he backs up, knows how to sell fights basically. Kid deserves to be where he at today. Peace.

Prince Rai
10-29-2005, 01:47 PM
peace BBM, havent seen u 4 a while!

but man ur on pouint there tho!!

mayw. got some character but backed up by amazingg skillls

Sergio
10-30-2005, 12:50 PM
I laugh when they put glass jaw Judas in the same category as King Mayweather. Fuck Judas is at best a B fighter and everyone swears he gona beat Mayweather. I guess everyone forgot Tzu knocking him out and Spinks knocking him down. shit I never seen Mayweather get close to being knocked down

Big Bad Man
10-31-2005, 10:54 AM
I laugh when they put glass jaw Judas in the same category as King Mayweather. Fuck Judas is at best a B fighter and everyone swears he gona beat Mayweather. I guess everyone forgot Tzu knocking him out and Spinks knocking him down. shit I never seen Mayweather get close to being knocked down
They also forget anytime they sparred together Mayweather rag-dolled him. Now Ima big big fan of Zab Judah, but if he beat Mayweather I would officially give up talkin about boxing, I cant even see 1 angle he could come at MW from harder. Good to hear fae u too princerai, had some fam troubles but Im back on attack for time being anyhow.

HighChief
11-06-2005, 05:40 PM
nobody beats Tarver. Not Lacy or Calzaghe....

HighChief
11-06-2005, 05:52 PM
and the remarks about Judah couldnt be more wrong. Judah has only been knocked out once and hurt maybe twice in his career, the other time against millett. His first loss to Spinks was too close to call ( I had Judah winning it) and the Spinks knockdown was an off balance flash knockdown... Mayweather has shown to be the best fighter in the world , but Judah is not a B fighter he is an A fighter. If Mayweather fights Judah it will be his toughest opponent yet, because Judah has speed and agility in the ring. His Defense is solid and he has more pop in his punch than anyone Floyd has faced at 140.

Dirt W McGirt
11-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Judah has more pop than most people from 140-154.

hectis
11-06-2005, 07:13 PM
and the remarks about Judah couldnt be more wrong. Judah has only been knocked out once and hurt maybe twice in his career, the other time against millett. His first loss to Spinks was too close to call ( I had Judah winning it) and the Spinks knockdown was an off balance flash knockdown... Mayweather has shown to be the best fighter in the world , but Judah is not a B fighter he is an A fighter. If Mayweather fights Judah it will be his toughest opponent yet, because Judah has speed and agility in the ring. His Defense is solid and he has more pop in his punch than anyone Floyd has faced at 140.YEAH I AGREE PLUS IN THAT FIGHT WITH TSZYU I THINK JUDAH GOT UP TO QUICKLY AND THATS
WHY HE FELL I FEEL IF HE WOULD HAVE TOOK THE STANDING 8 HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE
ALSO I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE GOT RIPED OFF CUZ I THINK THE RULES OF THAT FIGHT SAID
THE FIGHT CAN'T BE STOPED AFTER THE BELL RINGS TO END THE ROUND AND HE WAS KNOCKED DOWN WITH 2 SECS LEFT BUT I COULD BE WRONG SO IF ANY ONE HAS THE INFO ON THIS LET ME KNOW

Dirt W McGirt
11-06-2005, 10:11 PM
I think Nady could stop the fight anytime he wanted to for the safety of the fighter, the rule was probably that you couldn't get saved by the bell.

the insignificant
11-07-2005, 04:53 AM
i think judah has a shot against mayweather... but it's hard to tell how disciplined he'll be... when kostya hit him with that chopping punch, zab was showboating and underestimating his opponent... discipline may be the most decisive factor of the fight...

Sergio
11-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey I saw the fight again and Judas does the knockout dance after Tzu slamed him and falls for the second time on his face. LOL when he got up for the first time you see him telling Nady to hold on as if he was gathering his belongings and he does his dance and falls on his face. I never see PBF do that when he went to war with Castillo twice or when he destroyed Corralles. What are you going to tell me Castillo puches are not explosive. Dog Judah going to get it.