PDA

View Full Version : Jesus' relevance to African-Americans

GTAsoldier
09-05-2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.everystudent.com/features/truth.html

Some of y'all here may be interested. Some of y'all may not be. For those who are interested, this topic is open for discussion after your read it.

peace

- GTA

Face of the Golden Falcon
09-05-2010, 10:17 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings...

...I haven't read it all yet, when I do I'll post more, but right of the bat this makes me laugh:

Is the Bible credible? Isn't it just a European book that has little to do with our people?

The answer to the questions are, "Yes, the Bible is credible,"...

:learning:

...I guess that settles that then...lol.

If he actually took the time to back up this claim then I might've been looking forward to reading the rest. As it is though the Bible for the most part is incredible in the truest sense of the word.

HETEPU

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah the bible is basically ancient mythology from the middle east, mixed with actually history, mixed with propaganda, mixed with bizarre rituals, mixed with some pinko commie hippie preacher named Jesus and his random gallivanting around the Palestine.

GTAsoldier
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Here's another article:

http://www.suscopts.org/evangelism/frames/TellAfricanAmericansAboutChristianity.html

A key quote from this one that need to be stressed:

Christianity is not a European religion and it was not started by white European males. Christianity started in the Middle East by people from Asia and Africa and Christ was not a European white man with blue eyes and blond hair.

Christianity was started by darker skin people like those who come from the Middle East. Christ was born in Palestine, a part of Middle East located in Asia that has nothing to do with Europe. He fled to Egypt when Herod the king wanted to kill him after the wise men told Herod that this child would be the future king. Christ lived in Egypt for about four years. Egypt is a part of Africa, which means Christ not only visited Africa but He also lived in Africa. Christ never visited Europe.

So right now based on all this, nobody in their right mind should have the infamous claim of Christianity being a "white man's religion" imprinted in their heads.

peace

- GTA

Meta4
09-07-2010, 10:49 PM
He fled to Egypt when Herod the king wanted to kill him after the wise men told Herod that this child would be the future king. Christ lived in Egypt for about four years.Egypt is a part of Africa, which means Christ not only visited Africa but He also lived in Africa. Christ never visited Europe.

Prepare for shutdown in 3.... 2.... 1....

Originally Posted by Meta4
I was actually thinkin to myself the other day why Egypt is in Africa but rarely, if never, thought of as being african. Then the answer came to me, the Sahara Desert. I'd agree with someone who would say Egypt is not African in a cultural sense, its not. The Sahara desert was a HUGE barrier for travel within Africa and thus the north african countries would be more closely related to Europe/Middle Eastern cultures than African.

Face of the Golden Falcon
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
^
...how is that "shut down"?

cutn' heads
09-08-2010, 05:52 AM
black people love them some jesus...

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Are you so sophmoric that you think Jews are Black?

Christianity is not a European religion and it was not started by white European males. Christianity started in the Middle East by people from Asia and Africa and Christ was not a European white man with blue eyes and blond hair.

Jesus was a middle eastern white man with dark hair and dark eyes. (Just like most white people who have dark eyes and hair. You also should know some of the highest blond blue eyed populations are naturally from the middle east. There are Nordics in Scandinavia and Aryans from the Stan regions. Tons of Afghans and such are blond haired or green or blue eyed.) The Shroud of Turin proves that. Jesus was white and pretty Jewish looking. The reconstructions means he also actually looks like most of the art of him albeit with darker hair.

Christianity was started by darker skin people like those who come from the Middle East. Christ was born in Palestine, a part of Middle East located in Asia that has nothing to do with Europe. He fled to Egypt when Herod the king wanted to kill him after the wise men told Herod that this child would be the future king. Christ lived in Egypt for about four years. Egypt is a part of Africa, which means Christ not only visited Africa but He also lived in Africa. Christ never visited Europe.

They're still white. They're not Gaelic or Nordic. The Romans were basically just as dark skinned as the Jews. Egypt has been a white nation for millenia. The Greeks and Romans and Arabs long since had diluted any local Africans and there's just as much evidence the Ancient Egyptians were white as they were black. I've accepted they were black, but they weren't west or even east Africans. They were light skinned Egyptians.

Besides why is this a race issue you fucking retard. If Jesus was God would you deny him because he chose a Jewish God-body instead of a black man's?