PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks...

Lex Lugor
09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Violent By Design is better than the Psycho Social Album?
I heard Violent By Design first and am just now hearing their first album, and as far as I heard Vinnie Paz isnt at his best and there are only a few standout tracks.

Mr. R&B
09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Psycho-Social takes a few listens to get into, there's a lot of stuff that you won't truly notice or get until you've given it a few more listens.

Most JMT fans regard Violent By Design as their best album, it's an underground staple.

I love all of JMT's albums, even A History of Violence.

Tecknowledgist
09-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Pretty sure everyone realizes that Violent By Design is the better album lol.

Stoupe was still growing as a producer during their first album, but by Violent By Design, he had mastered a style of production that was solely his, and nothing that predates it sounds quite like it. Now it's one of the most imitated.

Ikon might have been more lyrical on Psycho-Social but he really fell into place on VBD and Jus Allah helped break the monotony that Jedi Mind Tricks albums sometimes fall into.

Guarded By Martyrs
09-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah "Violent By Design" is better in my opinion.

I guess you could draw this sort of comparison :

36 Chambers : Psycho Social
Wu-Forever : Violent By Design

Depending on what you prefer, both first installments where dusty & dark'
Where as both the second ones where much more polished and had a better range.

theDZA
09-06-2010, 05:00 PM
i'm gonna get hate for this lol

but Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell is my personal fav

Undiluted Karma
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Violent By Design is better than the Psycho Social Album?
I heard Violent By Design first and am just now hearing their first album, and as far as I heard Vinnie Paz isnt at his best and there are only a few standout tracks.

VBD is alot better, alot better, but both albums are classic. VBD is an evolution in the beats and rhymes of the group. All their albums are good, idk why somebody put even AHOV hehe, cuz that album is good too. But in reference to AHOV and what the Chuck head of Babygrande guy said, with the budget for features etc they were given, it should have been closer to Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell which was dope as fuck.Jus Allah was a letdown on AHOV though.

It's good that theres alot of JMT heads on the forum, theyre second only to Wu Tang imo

Monolith-Five star banger, Ive lost of how many times I rinsed that.
Trail of Lies
Heavy Artillery
Godflesh
Death Messiah-Sounds like a leftover from SiHKiH, which is a good thing.

peace

Undiluted Karma
09-06-2010, 05:33 PM

eff other peoples opinions, you shouldnt catch flak for that one lol

Undiluted Karma
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah "Violent By Design" is better in my opinion.

I guess you could draw this sort of comparison :

36 Chambers : Psycho Social
Wu-Forever : Violent By Design

Depending on what you prefer, both first installments where dusty & dark'
Where as both the second ones where much more polished and had a better range.

Good point, very different albums, but yeah I def see your point.

Mr. R&B
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM

I've talked to a few people who have that same opinion.

Vinnie had really grown as an MC and it was evident on SIH; KIH.

He had pretty much mastered his current style on that album

Undiluted Karma
09-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Vinnie had grown as an emcee by VBD, perfection,as whers stated, like Wu Forever it was the pinnacle of their skills and abilities but yeah I see ur point, to carry that success onwards to 2006 and above is admirable, while largely staying as a unit, Wu Tang crumbled much quicker, though they have been around longer

SiHKih is excellent, beats, rhymes features, complete with sociological themes, a head cant ask for more lol. The business of using indie singers, paid off well too.

Gutta Music put me onto Reef, the whole JMT/AOTP and their affiliates are dope, the philly equivalent of wu fam.

Favourite Reef track, he straight up merks it with his flow and how he rides the beat to hell and back.
/v/-qiNPTalIng?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qiNPTalIng?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

peace

Mr. R&B
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
All their albums are good, idk why somebody put even AHOV hehe, cuz that album is good too. But in reference to AHOV and what the Chuck head of Babygrande guy said, with the budget for features etc they were given, it should have been closer to Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell which was dope as fuck.Jus Allah was a letdown on AHOV though.

It's good that theres alot of JMT heads on the forum, theyre second only to Wu Tang imo

Monolith-Five star banger, Ive lost of how many times I rinsed that.
Trail of Lies
Heavy Artillery
Godflesh
Death Messiah-Sounds like a leftover from SiHKiH, which is a good thing.

peace

I agree with all of that, especially the bit about Monolith.

That beat is so dark & sinister, Vinnie fuckin destroyed it!

When I first heard the leak I listened to it like 10 times that day lol.

Jus Allahs new style takes awhile to get used to, but maybe on his next album he'll revert back to a style similar to the VBD days.

A combo of both would be good.

Undiluted Karma
09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
haha i did the exact thing with monolith, peace! that song took over my life haha,
yeah it does, and hes done it well occasionally like on Decalogue, I still greatly prefer his VBD/All Fates Have changed style, I doubt he can or would return to VBD style, but a combo of AFHC and his current "I am" style would be good yes

MMA will be an automatic purchase though, although why he changed it to that name from The Colossus is way beyond me though, MMA is good but kinda cheesy.

I read that Stoupe at one time sampled 50 songs/artists on a song, do you know what that song is, is it Raw is War 2003? because the version I have of that on my pc is like 17 minutes lol
peace

Mr. R&B
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
RJD2 released an album call The Colossus in January of this year.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/The_Colossus.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/The_Colossus.jpg)

He released a remix version called Inversions of The Colossus a couple of months ago.

Undiluted Karma
09-06-2010, 05:56 PM
ah yeah good point forgot that, but still hehe ive yet to hear that, i fell in love with Deadringer when i heard it a few weeks back

Mr. R&B
09-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I haven't heard it yet either, but I keep seeing it at Best Buy.

I should pick that up and the new El-P album too

Tecknowledgist
09-06-2010, 06:14 PM
way to ruin the thread faggots. haha

TAURO
09-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I've never been able to fully warm to Psycho-social, barring a few tracks, I find the album to be pretty dull.