PDA

View Full Version : Inspectah Deck or Canibus?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Who's the better rapper?

djskillz
09-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Deck wins easily for me.

Undiluted Karma
09-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Deck is more versatile, more entertaining, better flow and delivery. Canibus is more lyrical, but for me there is difference between lyrics and entertaining, though they fuse.

Case and point Canibusis more lyrical,

Deck is still lyrical but hes less lyrical but hes more entertaining.

Deck wins

Sorry Rip:)

FRiTz
09-07-2010, 08:46 AM
? Deck

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-07-2010, 08:53 AM
you know normally i am more apt to pick Canibus because of lyrical stylings
at the same time entertaining is huge factor and Deck does win by being more vivid and more entertaining wheres in with Bis sometimes you can be bored if you over listen to Bis.

UncontrolledSubstans
09-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Deck, easily. Mention me one verse where he is as good as Deck is on this:

RNP4u6ajU0w&feature=player_embedded#!

claaa7
09-07-2010, 01:44 PM
this is one of the comparasions that really, really boils down to personal preferences. both are great at what they do, but for me personally i prefer Deck's style. but on the other hand, look at all Canibus's early guest verses when he was stroming the industry, building up a hype unmatched by many bar Bumpy Knuck's prior to "Industry Shakedown". there's definitely verses on there that's up to Deck's standard, same tracks like "Poet Laurate II", i mean goddamn.

but at the same time, Rebel INS's style (especially early) is more closer to my heart, no homo. he's one of the few rappers that just hit you in the heart, Bis makes you really think (and so does Deck sometimes) but on tracks like "CREAM" and "Street Corners" he's rapping straight heart to heart, i really can take his words to me on tracks like that which is why hold him as one of the greatest when he was in his prime. he still spits fire but sadly it seems he can't put out a decent album if his life depended on it anymore, i really hope i'm wrong cuz the only fucking thing he needs is DOPE PRODUCTION. "Manifesto" was 90% produced by fucking amateurs, and this guys a LEGEND. ok i understand he don't have that cash of course but Preemo owns him one, he's a legend in the game i'm sure alot of peeps with love for hip-hop like Large Professor and DJ Premier gladly would drop their prices for him (altho it was a re-used beat U-God had Extra P on "Dopium". then there's guys like Stoupe, Necro, the DITC guys or affiliates like E-Blaze, Ahmed (super underrated), and of course the Wu elements - he actually said he got "GHOST DOG" type of RZA beats but he passed on it. smfh. or get with Ringz, or True or even a beat or two from Bronze Nazareth would at least been A LOT better than what was on "Manifesto". i really hope we will get to see a proper Deck album.

Poison Flowerz!
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
i prefer Canibus.

misawa98
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Always like Deck but gotta go with Bis on this one.

Guarded By Martyrs
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Canibus.

Interesting comparison.

I agree with claaa that this boils down to pure personal preffence.
But the case in point, Deck is way to good to not have a "Venomous Album"
All of his albums to me seem watered down to one degree or another.

Still, at times he's so fluid & slick it's ridiculous
But to me his solo work/verses cower to those he spits with others on a track
It bring's the best out of him for me.

Again, like claaa mentioned : if you take the same stand with Canibus....
Heads can't shine on a track with him, flat out.
Where as Deck will usually have one of the standout verses most of the time.
Given that may be because of those he's rhyming with.
What I'm getting at is look at Poet Laureate Infinity....Imagine Deck doing that.

And there it is.
As a solo Artist, which is the double edge sword of Wu in Deck's case.
Canibus is better, to me.

Tecknowledgist
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Arguably two of the greatest MCs ever. Deck's verses were pretty much flawless throughout his early career and the same can be said for Canibus.

Like claaa7 and whers said, it really comes down to personal preference.

Both of them have had somewhat rocky solo careers. Inspectah Deck was the victim of bad timing mostly, releasing his debut too late in a period of oversaturation in the Wu camp. Canibus picked the wrong man to handle the production on his debut album and just couldn't live up to the gargantuan hype he had built up for himself.

As far as MCing goes, I think Canibus took it a step further. He was the first guy spittin' 100 bar freestyles on Hot97, making 100 bar songs, making 1000 bar albums, and then eventually 1000 bar songs. He was going bar-for-bar with dudes like Rakim and Kool G Rap. He was just always looking for a way to better his own achievements as an MC, and he's still doing it today. The dude was put on the Earth to crush mics and he's always going to try to raise the bar of what an MC can do, and what an MC can become.

Deck was probably my first ever "favorite MC" so it's hard to ever take anything away from the dude. To me, he's been the MVP on every Wu group album ever released and he just has that really raw style. He's probably the most sampled MC out of the Wu so I know he's influenced a lot of heads and not just myself. I was just listening to some Clipse today: "flows get quoted like Socrates Philosophies", that line still echoes as one of the most legendary song openers of all time.

I don't know man. Fuck this thread lol

Mr. R&B
09-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Bis & Deck should do a collab album.

With Preemo, Stoupe & Wu-Elements production.

tombstone
09-07-2010, 10:14 PM
deck might be featured on bis' lyrical law album dropping shortly after c of tranq and canibus shits on anyone in wu-tang especially in 2010.

RAW-TASTE
09-07-2010, 10:53 PM
think both are pretty much hit or miss at times....get em both better beats!!!!

beautifulrock
09-08-2010, 03:25 AM
This is insulting

Poison Flowerz!
09-08-2010, 03:40 AM
BN8biMDFYU8

KLAP
09-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Both are mad nice. INS is one of my favorites.... but I gotta go with CanIbus.

WooHa
09-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Canibus