PDA

View Full Version : Favorite rapper's rapping voice?

Ruzz
09-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Definitely RZA and Eminem for me. RZA has a really deep, 'boombox' voice which completely fits my bill.

Canibus better not get brought up in here.

Djaminha
09-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I hate RZA aswel as 9th Prince, they just sound terrible to me.

Ones that stand out for me;

Ghostface
Freeway
JR Writer

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I heard Freeway vs Cassidy and Freeway sounds like he's getting fuck up the ass and he's struggling for air.

I like Nas, RZA, INS, AZ's voices the best.

Djaminha
09-07-2010, 11:42 AM
You sound like you got fucked up the ass by my RZA comment.

He sounds terrible and ruined every wu tang track he appeard on

I forgot to mention max b.

Sunz of Man
09-07-2010, 12:01 PM
You sound like you got fucked up the ass by my RZA comment.

He sounds terrible and ruined every wu tang track he appeard on

I forgot to mention max b.

RZA as an MC is definitely an acquired taste, I wasn't in to him when I first started listening to the wu, but over time he's become one of my favorite MC's in the group. He definitely does not ruin the tracks hes on though, give 4th chamber a listen and tell me RZA doesn't steal that song.

djskillz
09-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Big Rube (would he count as a rapper?)
Big Boi
Cee-Lo
Pimp C

UncontrolledSubstans
09-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I am finding both RZA and Ghostface both quite annoying after a while. Nas, Ins and AZ is good picks. Everyone have a very smooth voice. Eminem have like 10 different styles and voices so it is hard to decide.

Here are my personal favorite picks:

9cQ-GoX10X8

Afu-Ra: He may not be the best lyricist but he got a good ear for beats and his voice is perfect. Can listen to this guy for days and not getting tired of his voice.

hojYQVnfjVg

Senim Silla: From to group of Binary Star. May not be as lyrical as One Be Lo but he got a fantastic unique style. To bad this guy only have one solo album (which is very good).

amOGnQpYWmM

J-Live: Great lyricist, nice wordplay and a smooth flow. A perfect MC.

RIlgbfC6L60

Masta Ace: Best voice in the game. No doubt.

Sunz of Man
09-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Some of my favorite rapping voices: Shabaam Sahdeeq, Nas, INS, AZ, Prodigy, Big L, Jeru the Damaja

King Tron 1
09-07-2010, 01:59 PM
rockness monsta

djskillz
09-07-2010, 02:03 PM
^co-sign.

BGS
09-07-2010, 02:32 PM
magoo and shyne

Undiluted Karma
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
RZA/Meth/GZA

RZA doesnt get enough credit, hes been hit and miss on some songs, with his experimenting with his bobbydigital flow, but his lyrics are still dope case and point NYC Crack and Whar. Of recent, I fiend and look forward to his verses more than anyone else.

Undiluted Karma
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I am finding both RZA and Ghostface both quite annoying after a while. Nas, Ins and AZ is good picks. Everyone have a very smooth voice. Eminem have like 10 different styles and voices so it is hard to decide.

Here are my personal favorite picks:

9cQ-GoX10X8

Afu-Ra: He may not be the best lyricist but he got a good ear for beats and his voice is perfect. Can listen to this guy for days and not getting tired of his voice.

hojYQVnfjVg

Senim Silla: From to group of Binary Star. May not be as lyrical as One Be Lo but he got a fantastic unique style. To bad this guy only have one solo album (which is very good).

amOGnQpYWmM

J-Live: Great lyricist, nice wordplay and a smooth flow. A perfect MC.

RIlgbfC6L60

Masta Ace: Best voice in the game. No doubt.

damn im a Masta Ace fan havent heard that album, dope beat!, I like his methodical almost robotic style like Guru, its awesome.

djskillz
09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
^check that album out asap. classic album.

Mr. R&B
09-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Billy Danze (M.O.P.)
Vast Aire
Celph Titled
Trick Trick
Vinnie Paz
ILL BILL
Frukwan
Prodigal Sunn
97-99 Eminem (before he started using screaming over beats as his main vocal style)

Probably tons more I could think of, but those are the ones that stand out in my mind atm.

djskillz
09-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Killer Mike

Sense-A
09-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Damn UncontrolledSubstans you taking me back!! Props for giving Senim Silla a rec.

No doubt. I bumped the FUCK out of that album the summer it dropped. The whole album had a concept and storyline and, yeah, masta ace got a good voice and laid back vibe on this album. I really love that song BEAUTIFUL. Shit is so soulful and always makes me feel better when life throws me a curveball. P.E.A.C.E.

"It's Beautiful....I got a lot to say/ usually my smile stay locked away but not today/i got to laugh on the real, the aftermath's kind of ill like i'm dr dre / sometimes i run to the club and get faded/this game make you get jaded i just hate it/ but this song is a different kind of feeling , its a new kind of dealing, a special kind of healing / And I can show what it is: The best flow in the biz, you know who it is/ Positive over Negative see the Ace n' Masta even when i face disaster / I rise up above, see people still showin' me love / got the respect without dropping a check/ this hip hop thing might stop in a sec / So this brand new hit you can pop in the deck - ITS BEAUTIFUL!"

djskillz
09-07-2010, 05:35 PM
^my favorite is still Revelations. Produced by Ace too.

King Tron 1
09-07-2010, 05:38 PM
bahamadia

Sense-A
09-07-2010, 05:55 PM
^my favorite is still Revelations. Produced by Ace too.

You can't front on that song Brooklyn Masala either. This is the type of album I can listen to with my girl.

NATE DOGG
CL Smooth
Guru
U-God & Meth
Jeru the Damaja
Freddie Foxxx
ScarFace
Defari
lord jamar
Warren G
Peter Gunnz

With AZ it is more about his flawless flow than his voice. I think AZ may have the best flow in hip hop.

The most annoying emcee voices to me are Canibus, Talib Kweli, Chino XL, Opio of Hiero, kool keith, Wyclef, eminem screaming, lil wayne, etc.

King Tron 1
09-07-2010, 05:57 PM
sadat x

djskillz
09-07-2010, 05:58 PM
You can't front on that song Brooklyn Masala either. This is the type of album I can listen to with my girl.
^Brooklyn Masala is ill. But I will admit when I throw on this album I immediately go for "Good Ol' Love." Something about that sample, whether it's Ace or Mobb Deep, I just get drawn into the song. And both of 'em flipped the sample completely different.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Prodigy
Bizzy Bone
Andre 3k
Slick Rick

King Tron 1
09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
beanie sigel

angry!
09-07-2010, 06:26 PM
rakim
nas
prodigy
chuck d
ice cube
snoop dogg
RBX... super slept on
g rap... lisp makes him even iller... word!!!!!!!!
slick rick... one of the illest...
BDK
ghostface... no one sounds like starks
biggie
jadakiss
2pac... alotta fire

when you sound unique the technique shines brighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Tron 1
09-07-2010, 06:28 PM
big pun

here's one that's ill, but I hate his voice

Djaminha
09-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Vinnie fucking paz?

are you for real???

Undiluted Karma
09-07-2010, 06:58 PM

yeah I checked out his 04 release, the one with the incredible Boogeyman diss, which was excellent

you can't spit so you obviously must swallow.

trinking
09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
meth-- the flow makes it even better
masta ace-- long hot summer is one of the best unknown albums ever imo
ghost-- easy pick
jay electronica
saigon
the early ill bill-- before he turned la coka nostra
andre 3000 and big boi--their two voices complement each other perfectly
everyone in cunnilynguists

Heavy Ammunition
09-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Slick Rick.
Nas
Prodigy
Shad

jokostyle
09-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Most of the serious competitors have been named. I d add ODB & Kool Keith

fatboybrandon
09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
For a strong voice of leadership, intellect, history and street knowledge: Chuck D of Public Enemy or KRS One are my overall favorite voices.

94_GMwt-Td8

For the epitome of gutter, street darkness through the vocal tone and lyrical content: M.O.P., Rock of Heltah Skeltah, Freddie Foxxx, D-Black, F-T (Fuc That), Canibus, Big Twin of Infamous Mobb

Tommy
09-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Chuck D
Meth
Ad-Rock (Beasties)
B-Real
MCA (Beasties)
Ghostface
Busta
Redman
Q-Tip
Rakim
Big Daddy Kane
Slick Rick
Andre 3000
LL
Jay-Z
Ice Cube
Scarface
Kurupt
Snoop
DJ Quik
Lauryn Hill
Guru

ALL dope voices.

Rame
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
For a strong voice of leadership, intellect, history and street knowledge: Chuck D of Public Enemy or KRS One are my overall favorite voices.

94_GMwt-Td8

For the epitome of gutter, street darkness through the vocal tone and lyrical content: M.O.P., Rock of Heltah Skeltah, Freddie Foxxx, D-Black, F-T (Fuc That), Canibus, Big Twin of Infamous Mobb

Can you upload some F-T (Fuc That) material? Mixtapes or whatever you have?

I've been trying to download some mixtapes but most files are corrupted.

fatboybrandon
09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Great choices by everybody, like The Guru said, "It's Mostly Tha Voice"..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_31BzIaD57oE/SV-38_Oy2II/AAAAAAAAAVk/oC2NzJ6W3HA/s400/The+Brooklyn+Beast+Front+Cover.jpg

Here's FT's Brooklyn Beast mixtape from '08 for you Rama, I don't know if this file is corrupted since I already downloaded my copy 2 years ago.

http://www.zshare.net/download/53532973a71578ee

or

http://sharebee.com/d48da960

Vinnie fucking paz?

He's got a hateful and slightly deranged sound to his voice when he rhymes but in an interview he sounds normal. I think that quality helps his music because his beats are aggressive alot of times.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Rebel INS has a good voice too.

Rame
09-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Great choices by everybody, like The Guru said, "It's Mostly Tha Voice"..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_31BzIaD57oE/SV-38_Oy2II/AAAAAAAAAVk/oC2NzJ6W3HA/s400/The+Brooklyn+Beast+Front+Cover.jpg

Here's FT's Brooklyn Beast mixtape from '08 for you Rama, I don't know if this file is corrupted since I already downloaded my copy 2 years ago.

http://www.zshare.net/download/53532973a71578ee

or

http://sharebee.com/d48da960

He's got a hateful and slightly deranged sound to his voice when he rhymes but in an interview he sounds normal. I think that quality helps his music because his beats are aggressive alot of times.

Thanks!

THE MASON
09-09-2010, 06:10 PM
C Rayz Walz

WooHa
09-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I enjoy many voices

MF Doom
Ghostface Killah
Eminem
R.A. The Rugged Man
Sean Price
Joell Ortiz
Andre Nickatina
and others

THE MASON
09-09-2010, 06:13 PM
also,

Lord Have Mercy
Smooth B

claaa7
09-10-2010, 04:37 AM
KRS-1

can't believe Chef Raekwon hasn't even been mentioned yet tho, one of the illest voices that's for sure.

ironmantis
09-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Method Man
Lord Have Mercy
Celph Titled
B-Real
Richard Raw
Poetic

Ginnsey
09-10-2010, 10:23 AM
bahamadia

Co-sign! nice rapping voice to listen to.

Ginnsey
09-10-2010, 10:24 AM
ohhh shit yea and i almost forgot the Guru