PDA

View Full Version : Amish school shooting from 2006

theheavens
09-08-2010, 12:30 AM
this is old news, but I just saw the (crappy) lifetime channel movie about the amish shooting that happened back in 2006, and realized how messed up it was. the guy killed five girls, "execution style," in the one-room schoolhouse. this event was just as bad, if not worse, than columbine and virginia tech, all things considered. I know the amish aren't the most popular people in the world, but this has got to be the worst shooting of the 21st century so far. not many casualties, but the motives and such were fucked up.

the weird thing was that the amish families forgave the shooter and his family. some even attended his funeral. the guy brought with him: a 9 mm handgun, 12 gauge shotgun, .30-06 bolt-action rifle, about 600 rounds of ammunition, cans of black powder, a stun gun, two knives, a change of clothes, an apparent truss board and a box containing a hammer, hacksaw, pliers, wire, screws, bolts and tape. how the fuck do christians rationalize this shit?

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-08-2010, 12:46 AM
How do the Amish rationalize forgiving him (seeing as they're the only real Christians involved and perhaps at all)? They know that love for all mankind is a stronger emotion then blind hatred. They could hate him for what he did, but instead why not pity a person reduced to such barbarity? Its hard to get mad at the dead. Anyone capable of that is dead already. Killing him wouldn't bring the girls back to life it just adds a sixth victim to the violence. You can't give up on people. He may be crazy now, but who knows what part he may have to play in the plans of providence?

PALEHORSE
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
theyre pacifist

turn the cheek

love thy enemy

theyre not faking Christianity like the people at your church

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
I agree with Palehorse.

I didn't foresee that ever happening.

PALEHORSE
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
thats cuz this is the first time in your life you ever been right

theheavens
09-08-2010, 08:23 PM
you guys bring up a good point...and this tragedy reminds me why christians can't win in a fight against muslims lol. too damn kind

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
thats cuz this is the first time in your life you ever been right

ditto

cutn' heads
09-09-2010, 07:37 AM
i think you're all missing the point here... this dude watches lifetime...

Queen Of Poetry
09-09-2010, 09:30 AM
^^ LOL

That was really sad..........and I remember seeing the news coverage and the women turning their heads so they weren't seen on TV b/c apparently it's not allowed or something like that................

The forgiveness they have is how we all should be but unfortunately it isn't like that...........it must be a powerful feeling to have a tragedy happen like this and to have forgiveness and not carry that inside u.