PDA

View Full Version : O.G.C. - "Likkle Youth Man Dem" (w. Tek-N-Steele) [?]

claaa7
09-08-2010, 05:54 AM
i've been bumping "Da Storm" a lot the last few days, matter of fact i've been banging the 4 first BCC albums a lot recently and is even blasting OGC's debut at the MO. There's a song listed on some versions of the release called "Likkle Youth Man Dem" featuring Smif N Wessun, that however does not appear on any version of the album. i did a search for it, and BMI says Baby Paul produced it while the version that appears as a bonus track on the first BCC album seems to be a remix since it's prod by Buckshot and Boogie Brown.

i found it on youtube, but if anyone got an mp3 so i can add it to my mp3-player when bumping "Da Storm" that would be greatly appreciated.

33_hDncmmuY

claaa7
09-08-2010, 05:56 AM
on a side note, OGC's "Da Storm" is an incredible album but to me it needs to be played on a banging system as opposed to headphones (even good ones). at least some of the songs doesn't work well in headphones but sounds slamming played loud on the surround.

djskillz
09-08-2010, 06:11 AM
I'll PM you later today.

LONDON!
09-08-2010, 06:21 AM
yeah could you pm me the original of that 'likkle youth man dem" tune aswell fam, i never knew it even existed, i thought it was just the remix on the first boot camp album of an unreleased tune or sample problems

claaa7
09-08-2010, 06:25 AM
^ thx man! i listened to the youtube clip here and then the version on "For The People" back-to-back and while they are indeed sounding much alike there are differences. i can imagine the sample not getting cleared for 'Da Storm' (which would make sense since it was on the tracklist but not on the album) but they had someone re-play the sample.

what do you think, it's kinda hard judging from the Youtube clip since the quality ain't at all as good as the album version of course but the drums sounds harder and it sounds more sampled than live than the other. great song though, really chilled out track - i would love to have seen that on "Da Storm", it would be a good closing track as it was supposed for two reasons. it would take the album out on a slow jam vibe, a 5 minute long chilling with a blunt type track and with the opening of the album with "Calm Before Da Storm" and the album itself being the actual Storm, this would be like the Calm after the storm or something. Plus Smif-N-Wessun's on it and OGC's album is the only of the 4 LP's that don't have any guestspots from the rest of the crew (save for The Representativz but i don't really count them; more like "killa beez" imo).

claaa7
09-08-2010, 06:28 AM
yeah i bet alot of people would like to hear this, just throw up the mp3 in the thread fam if there's not a problem.

LONDON!
09-08-2010, 06:48 AM
^ thx man! i listened to the youtube clip here and then the version on "For The People" back-to-back and while they are indeed sounding much alike there are differences. i can imagine the sample not getting cleared for 'Da Storm' (which would make sense since it was on the tracklist but not on the album) but they had someone re-play the sample.

what do you think, it's kinda hard judging from the Youtube clip since the quality ain't at all as good as the album version of course but the drums sounds harder and it sounds more sampled than live than the other. great song though, really chilled out track - i would love to have seen that on "Da Storm", it would be a good closing track as it was supposed for two reasons. it would take the album out on a slow jam vibe, a 5 minute long chilling with a blunt type track and with the opening of the album with "Calm Before Da Storm" and the album itself being the actual Storm, this would be like the Calm after the storm or something. Plus Smif-N-Wessun's on it and OGC's album is the only of the 4 LP's that don't have any guestspots from the rest of the crew (save for The Representativz but i don't really count them; more like "killa beez" imo).

yeah that da storm album was gutta, its still gets rinsed out diffrently, its a very sick album, classic gutta shit like 'no fear', 'hurricane starang', 'wild cowboys in bucktown', 'danger', 'gunn clapp', 'da storm(even though they were dissing biggie, i can't front on this tune, i don't like to promote diss tunes between real niggas, but big up big & ogc)' & 'god don't like ugly', that basement head nod, hard concrete, bassy boom bap beatminerz production complemented ogc's gully bars perfectly, thats a perfect album to blaze that high grade piff to, yes surr

and i like this original version to 'likkle youth man dem' than the live instrument remix version on for the people, it suits the album much more better

djskillz
09-08-2010, 06:54 AM
this is the version i got

http://www.mediafire.com/?p9kbtvfgbqd3tqm

claaa7
09-08-2010, 07:01 AM

aBQlaz825lA

repped, that's the version i was looking for

djskillz
09-08-2010, 07:03 AM
^lol i love that black moon song.

LONDON!
09-08-2010, 07:06 AM

props fam

Tecknowledgist
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
^^^greatest black moon song ever made haha

i was actually bumpin Da Storm on the way to work the other day. Gunn Clapp is my shit

"it's shameel"
"oh, OH, SHA-MAH!"

hahaha

fatboybrandon
09-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Damn, I don't ever remember hearing that back when I bought The Storm, it must have been left off the one I bought too, I got the cassette. Nice song, it's not as dark as the rest of the album and has a laid back vibe.

They did a decent replay of some classic Barry White (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4_M5PcJQmU) for the beat, I knew it from the second I heard it but couldn't quite remember the song right away. This was probably before they went full blown with live musicians like on that BCC compilation.

LONDON!
09-08-2010, 04:28 PM
the skits were funny on that album too, when they were taking the piss out of your standard generic corporate record label crook, "bring all your friends from the projects, to the party, our be rich, i mean, we're all be rich, i mean, speilberg will do your video", ha ha, that was jokes and then the skit where the corporate label owner crook is like, "i told him i ain't scared prick" and all that type of shizzle, those skits on that album were too funny, yes surr

Mr. R&B
09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Major props for the link Skillz!