PDA

View Full Version : Black American Muslims speak out against bigotry, hypocrisy and intolerance

LORD NOSE
09-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Black American Muslims speak out against bigotry, hypocrisy and intolerance

By Ashahed M. Muhammad -Asst. Editor- | Last updated: Sep 7, 2010 - 10:03:47 AM
(http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=all4734)

Muslim leaders decry anti-Islam climate in U.S., call on country to reject historic hatreds
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/uploads/2/muslims_npc09-14-2010_2.jpg (L-R) Abdul Jalil Muhammad, Asma Hanif, Nisa Islam Muhammad, Imam Zaid Shakir and Imam Abdul Malik (at podium). Photos: Mikal Veale
WASHINGTON (FinalCall.com) - The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan recently joined several Black American Muslim leaders to address the controversy surrounding the proposed building of an Islamic center near Ground Zero in New York, as well as the general attitude of mistrust and intolerance toward followers of Islam. The members of the Coalition of African American Muslims, which included the Minister, urged a rejection of anti-Islam hatred and religious intolerance, while connecting the disdain for their faith to America's old history of hate. But, they said, out of the negative attacks on a beautiful way of life comes an opportunity to teach and spread the truth—despite severe opposition.
“This world is not ignorant to the beauty of Islam,” said Minister Farrakhan. “The fear is that Islam will change the religion of the slave that they took it from and make him a bright light of a brand new civilization,” he said at a Sept. 2 press conference held at the prestigious National Press Club and broadcast live worldwide via Internet webcast.

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/uploads/2/muslims_npc09-14-2010.jpg Imam Abdul Malik of Islam on Capitol Hill, a youth advocacy group, agreed saying Islam is under attack by bigots who fear that which is different. “Islam does not mean terrorism,” said Imam Malik. “The real issue is the rise of Islam,” he added. There are an estimated 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide. Minister Farrakhan pointed out that in close proximity to where the Islamic center is to be built, there are sex shops, peep shows, strip clubs and other immoral activities not being protested by those who say the Islamic center will violate hallowed ground and disrespect the memories of who died in Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center. Those who oppose the center contradict the very principles outlined in the United States Constitution which guarantee freedom of speech, freedom of religion and freedom of assembly, the Minister said.

Continue here - http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_7250.shtml?ref=nf

Sense-A
09-18-2010, 04:59 PM
They brought this dissent on themselves. It would have helped if Muslim leaders in America had the balls to step up and ASSERTIVELY condemn the radical Islamic terrorism going on around the world the last 10 years.

Why are these guys so insensitive? There are thousands of mosques all over this fucking country including in my own city and NO ONE complains about them. Obviously Americans are still a little bit SALTY about 9-11. Do you fucking blame them? Is this such a surprise? You're building a fresh $100 million dollar Muslim Mosque 2 blocks away from the site of the largest ATTACK on the USA in this country's entire history! What do you want us to do? Line up and cheer?

Let's talk about all the dissent in MUSLIM countries. All the hatred towards Americans and Christians! Why don't we talk about that?

I mean REALLY! I get so fucking sick of American Muslims trying to play the victims. Let's look at some REAL victims:

KENYA: ISLAMIC COURTS ISSUE STIRS STRIFE
Published 06/20/2010 - 5:01 a.m. CST

A call to pray for the Kenyan Church

By Elizabeth Kendal
Religious Liberty Prayer Bulletin (RLPB) 060
Special to ASSIST News Service
AUSTRALIA - (ANS (http://www.assistnews.net/))- Last Sunday 13 June, six people were killed and some 104 wounded when grenades were thrown into a massive Christian rally in Nairobi's Uhuru Park. The rally was organised by religious leaders who advocate that Christians vote 'NO' in the 4 August referendum on Kenya's new constitution. It included evangelism, prayer for the sick and addresses from several parliamentarians from the 'NO' camp. Whilst the rally officially concluded at 6 pm, many believers lingered and continued in worship and prayer. At around 6.45pm an explosion occurred at the left rear of the gathering. Assuming it was something harmless, Pastor James Ng'ang'a, who was leading prayers at the time, called on those present to gather closer to the platform. However, as bloodied victims of the explosion were being brought forward, a grenade lobbed in from the right exploded close to the main dais. This killed some, wounded many and caused a stampede that resulted in many more injuries. http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/Christian_News/Christian_News_International/KENYA_ISLAMIC_COURTS_ISSUE_STIRS_STRIFE/31084 -Muslims killing Christians in June 2010

Lest we forget about the Muslim Maj. Malik Hasan gunning down and killing 12 Americans including women and betraying our own military and betraying this country that he took an oath to defend. This all happened in November. The wounds are FRESH. American families are still sulking. Where is the ASSERTIVE CONDEMNATION from the MUSLIM AMERICANS? Why don't they DENOUNCE this sort of violence?

- A soldier suspected of fatally shooting 12 and wounding 31 at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday is not dead as previously reported by the military, the base's commander said Thursday evening http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas.fort.hood.shootings/index.html Oh and let's not forget about the MUSLIM that tried blowing up an airplane traveling to Detroit on CHRISTMAS of all days! nope nope...Muslims are the victims *sarcasm*

You know. I don't really care whether they build a mosque near ground zero or not. We already had this discussion in another thread. But what I'd like to know is why my fucking tax money is paying for Imam Rauf's travel expenses?!? Someone explain that to me!

NEW YORK – The furor over the planned mosque and Islamic center near ground zero has put Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf in a curious position: At the same time he is being vilified in the U.S. for spearheading the project, he is traveling the Mideast on a State Department mission as a symbol of American religious freedom. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100820/ap_on_re_us/nyc_mosque_imam

What happened to separation of church and state? The first amendment of our constitution prohibits this shit. Oh yeah....that's "just a piece of paper." Poor victimized Muslims getting free travel on American tax payers' dime.

Wasn't Imam Rauf the same guy that blamed USA policies for 9-11. 3000 innocent Americans deserved to die at the hand of Muslims because of our policies? Why? Violence is the solution Imam? Come ON! And you wonder why Americans are a little distrustful of you?

You know, all I hear is this crap about the poor Muslims being made victims because some Americans are upset about their fancy $100million mosque while ground zero is still rubble, dust, and bones. What about this Christian church that wasn't allowed to be built by ground zero?!? What about the poor poor Christians?

Mosque Moves Forward, Yet Church in Limbo
by Mark Impomeni (http://www.humanevents.com/search.php?author_name=Mark+Impomeni)

08/09/2010

Trouble emerged after St. Nicholas announced its plans to build a traditional Greek Orthodox church building, 24,000 square feet in size, topped with a grand dome. Port Authority officials told the church to cut back the size of the building and the height of the proposed dome, limiting it to rising no higher than the World Trade Center memorial. The deal fell apart for goodin March 2009, when the Port Authority abruptly ended the talks after refusing to allow church officials to review plans for the garage and screening area underneath. Sixteen months later, the two sides have still not met to resume negotiations.
St. Nicholas Church’s difficulty in getting approvals to rebuild stands in stark contrast to the treatment that the developers of the proposed Cordoba mosque have received. New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, state Atty. Gen. Andrew Cuomo, and a raft of city officials have all come out publicly in favor of building the mosque, and the city’s Landmarks and Preservation Commission recently voted unanimously to deny protection to the building currently occupying the site where the mosque is to be built.
The mosque is proposed to rise 13 stories, far above the height of the World Trade Center memorial, with no height restrictions imposed. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38462Why the double standards?

Like I said. I don't give a shit about a mosque in NYC. I don't go there and it doesn't effect me. But I get tired of people crying like they are the beaten down persecuted victims. It's like a friend always crying broke trying to borrow money from you when you know they just got paid.

You want to speak out against bigotry, hypocrisy, and intolerance? Why don't you try speaking out to your Muslim friends in the MidEast. They are some of the most bigoted intolerant people in the entire world. Meanwhile, America is one of the most diversified and free and tolerant countries in the entire fucking world. We don't need your lectures on tolerance. Go clean up your own religion because it's not Americans' faults that radical Muslims are suicide bombing innocent people. Do i consider radical Muslims representative of all Muslims? Of course not. Just the same as i don't consider Christian priest who molest children representative of all Christians.

What pointless contradictory endeavor will the hateful minister Farrakhan take on next?

DeeBlock
09-18-2010, 08:27 PM
You're building a fresh $100 million dollar Muslim Mosque 2 blocks away from the site of the largest ATTACK on the USA in this country's entire history! What do you want us to do? Line up and cheer?.....

You know. I don't really care whether they build a mosque near ground zero or not.

:no:

V4D3R
09-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Sense-A - do your homework on the real 9/11 story.

Do you still believe that Muslim radicals did this? With all the evidence and facts pointing that it was an inside job do you truly believe Muslims in America were the cause of that incident?

I have no clue how people can be so easily programmed or believe everything they read in the news. Seriously. Didnt you hear about the British commandos that were caught in insurgent (Al-queda) disguise randomly killing civilians in Baghdad few years back?

Do you not understand that the war pigs need their hatred propaganda to continue the war machine industry? Do you not see this shit being blown out of proportion by the media so that they can create more hatred?

I'm shaking my head and hope I reached this kid.

cutn' heads
09-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Do you still believe that Muslim radicals did this? With all the evidence and facts pointing that it was an inside job do you truly believe Muslims in America were the cause of that incident?

surely, you can't be serious...

HANZO
09-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Radical Muslims have just been around for 10 years. where were they before, as ppl argue that the problem is with Islam.

what people fail to realise is that the problem isnt with a religion. Before in the 70's and 80's it was leftist 'freedom fighters'. Like Yasser Arafat wasnt an Islamic Radical. He was a leftist like Castro or Che.

how odd that after communism died and groups such as the PLO disappeared all of a sudden groups such as Al-Queda were born. And Al-Queda is a group formed by the CIA's boy Osama.

Radical Muslims and all that are all part of the 'plan'. they will also die soon and you will be hearing about a new Nazi movement being born in Damascus. same shit, just a different story for war. 1million Iraqis died because of a fat lie and no one even acknowledges their deaths and suffering. ppl are getting killed for 'sport' but that obviously isnt anywhere near as inhumane as building a cultural centre to breed 'terrorists'.

LORD NOSE
09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
all them bullets they make.....

someone has to get shot with them -

it's all big business - and we don't know what's going on -

many different people say many different things - none of us are close enough to really know -

the stories that are told also turn into big business -

all of it becomes entertainment - something to put on your mind to distract you from entertaining yourself by finding more and more info on yourself

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Here's the fair perspective.

Basically Islam is as legitimate or more legitimate then any other religious sect. By which I mean to say not very. I think that anti Islamic policies (independent from anti religious views) are basically stupid. Islam is the exact same thing as Christianity. Obviously the American problem is with certain segments of the North African, Arabic, Semetic, and Asian populations and not Islam which amounts to racism. Most of the atrocities "of Islam" are not based on religion but on societies that were severely handicapped by a naturally harsh culture brought on by a harsh life mixed with outside interventions.

Afghanistan was a modern monarchy until the soviets attacked and once the warlords established an internecine climate the people had nothing to cling to but their guns and bibles (Korans). Radical Islam is the result of Authoritarian Leftist regimes like the Soviet Union and equally the United States participation in the Afghan Soviet War which left the country devastated and without order. In short Jimmy Carter's CIA black ops in the late 1970s directly caused both the extremist movement within Afghanistan and the rise of a Theocratic Fascist Republic regime in Iran. The rise of Iran prompted the Reagan to make deals leading such as Iran Contra and the backing of Saddam Hussein's Ba'ath party as a foil to Iranian revolutionary expansion. George Bush Sr. as a harsh critic and the main opposition to Reagan Republicanism and his former VP (the irony) decided to sever America's ties to the despotic Saddam Hussein and Iraq with one of the finest military campaigns in American history.

In the following years the lack of a consistent American policy in the preceding decades led to a fringe movement that is anti western and anti American. It is an entirely justified one seeing as the United States was playing Machiavelli over there. While some of what America did (specifically Desert Storm) was done with good intentions it eventually just created an Anti American sentiment. Then by the Bush administration they pull off a pretty effective attack killing three thousand plus Americans and we forget that its basically our fault and go on the offensive and reduce the Afghani people to being tusken raiders when they are only like that because of the shadow war fought between American funded guerrillas and Soviet forces. Then Bush (and congress and the American people lets not forget) overreacted to rumors of Saddam Hussein's WMDs (which may have existed, we'll never know seeing as what little evidence there was pointed to them being moved to the allied state of Syria) and opened a second front. Now we can speculate as to whether or not Iraq was a cock up or a conspiracy (I'm guessing both) but here we are now about eight years later and nothing's changed but the weather.