PDA

View Full Version : Jay-Z's best 3 vs Nas' best 3

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Reasonable Doubt/The Blueprint/The Black Album

vs

Illmatic/Stillmatic/Lost Tapes (It Was Written might replace one of these for some people)

WooHa
09-09-2010, 08:09 AM
It Was Written>>>>>Stillmatic

drippie k
09-09-2010, 08:11 AM
for my personal taste

Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt

The Blueprint > Stillmatic

God's Son > The Black Album

Frank Sobotka
09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Illmatic shouldn't be included.

reasonable doubt / it was written
blueprint / stillmatic
black album / lost tapes or God's son

Otherwise nas would win no competition.

Traynor
09-09-2010, 09:04 AM
illmatic is a classic, IMO it beats all 3 of his albums.

cap
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
lol im probably the only person in the world who sees blueprint 3 as one of jay's best.

for me in no order its

Reasonable doubt/The blueprint/The blueprint 3

Illmatic/It was written/Stillmatic

KLAP
09-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Blueprint 3 IMO is one of Jay Z's weakest albums.... It's Jay trying to re invent himself... while making songs that sound like todays bullsh*t HipHop.... Sounds like Jay is just trying to fit in ... instead of making his own lane... like he did with Resonable doubt, Blueprint, Black album etc

UncontrolledSubstans
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
This is my opinion:

First of Illmatc is on another level and is made in another era so it should not be included.

It Was Written vs Reasonable Doubt.Both have classic tracks and filler. Although Nas had more classic tracks on hes album.

And if you ask me it is American Gangster > Blueprint

Lost Tapes vs American Gangster. "Purple" is probably my favorite Nas track of all time and shits on pretty much everything that Jay-Z have been putting out over the years.

Stillmatic vs Blueprint. None of the albums are very close to me. Prefer Blueprint although. And Takeover shits on Ether, ye i said it.

So Nas takes it if you asks me. Much better rapper anyway.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-09-2010, 05:07 PM
This is my opinion:

First of Illmatc is on another level and is made in another era so it should not be included.

It Was Written vs Reasonable Doubt.Both have classic tracks and filler. Although Nas had more classic tracks on hes album.

And if you ask me it is American Gangster > Blueprint

Lost Tapes vs American Gangster. "Purple" is probably my favorite Nas track of all time and shits on pretty much everything that Jay-Z have been putting out over the years.

Stillmatic vs Blueprint. None of the albums are very close to me. Prefer Blueprint although. And Takeover shits on Ether, ye i said it.

So Nas takes it if you asks me. Much better rapper anyway.

If the diss can make a rapper cry, i'd say that is the more classic diss.