PDA

View Full Version : Denzel Washington's Book Of Eli Sucks

CharlesJones
09-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I saw this crap last weekend and i didn't like it. My manager at my 2nd job told me i should see it because he liked it and my brother told me i should see it because he liked it. It was boring to me even though Denzel kills a lot of people LOL. Gary Oldman always plays a bad guy LOL. It's been long overdue for the Hughes Brothers directors who did this. I was surprised they did this because they hadn't done a movie in a long time since From Hell with Johnny Depp and Heather Graham and i was surprised they directed that.

Tecknowledgist
09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
i don't like you

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah I actually agree with CJ this was lame, pointless movie.

Tecknowledgist
09-12-2010, 03:52 PM
it would really suck to watch if you knew he was blind from the start. like if someone told you

dad
09-12-2010, 03:58 PM
wtf he was blind. lolololol.

Poison Flowerz!
09-12-2010, 04:11 PM
wtf he was blind. lolololol.

i didnt know either lololol

dad
09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
hahahahha

Mcthuggin99
09-12-2010, 05:03 PM
the movie was ok to me. its not the Hughes bros or Denzel's best, but it was still entertaining and its always cool to see Gary Oldman

Buzk
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
it was alright, nothing spectacular

cutn' heads
09-13-2010, 06:27 AM
i liked it a lot. i watched it saturday. then yesterday my wife tells me he was blind the whole time... i need to watch this again...

LoTec
09-13-2010, 10:56 PM
I dont think he was blind he could just read braille for some reason. I need to watch the movie again I guess. But didnt he watch that gang kill that couple while he was up on the freeway, cuz then he recognized them later and he was shooting people with deadly acuracy. I dont think he was blind.

whitey
09-13-2010, 11:25 PM
he was.

Mcthuggin99
09-14-2010, 12:06 AM
I dont think he was blind he could just read braille for some reason. I need to watch the movie again I guess. But didnt he watch that gang kill that couple while he was up on the freeway, cuz then he recognized them later and he was shooting people with deadly acuracy. I dont think he was blind.
no, he was blind. they even hinted it plenty of times

LONDON!
09-15-2010, 10:23 AM
I saw this crap last weekend and i didn't like it. My manager at my 2nd job told me i should see it because he liked it and my brother told me i should see it because he liked it. It was boring to me even though Denzel kills a lot of people LOL. Gary Oldman always plays a bad guy LOL. It's been long overdue for the Hughes Brothers directors who did this. I was surprised they did this because they hadn't done a movie in a long time since From Hell with Johnny Depp and Heather Graham and i was surprised they directed that.

co-sign this shit, that movie was shit, complete bullshit, i couldn't even finnish the whole movie and this is the script the hughes brothers came back from a decade long hiatus since that pimp documentary bullshit(don't get me twisted now, i'm not hating, poverty is a crime, i overstand that and understand that situation, big up all my pimps that's doing there thing because they fucked up in high school and its there only option to get money, but damn, dawg, the 40's, 50's and 60's is over dawg, get that money in a manly way if your gonna get your money a certain way, the hughes brothers shouldn't have been trying to glamourise that shit, nobody wants to be doing that in this day and age, nobody, its circumstance, for them heads that don't want to shot(sell) nuthin or buz that gun, skeng or whatever, move(rob) up mudda fockers and no pimpage of underage girls nasty bullshit neither)

they went from that technical classic in every way and format and was authentic to the t aswell, 'menace to society', one of the best movies of all time in my eyes, to 'dead presidents', another underated movie, to that glamourising pimp shit documentary to this 'book of eli' by the numbers bullshit and they got denzel and gary oldman to act in this bullshit too, wasting there talents, they must have always wanted to do a black mad max movie when they were kids or sumthin, when they were younger and that, ha ha, they must have really loved them movies when they were younger like, you get me, because thats the only explanation for me for them to fuck wit this weak script, for real like, you get me, true story, crazy

big up the hughes brothers though, i know they have the talent to do a much better movie than this garbage

Undiluted Karma
09-15-2010, 11:06 AM
It was mediocre, 6.5/10

CharlesJones
09-18-2010, 02:35 PM
LOL@London hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're a funny guy. Book Of Eli was a waste of time for Denzel. I can't believe The Hughes Brothers did classics like Menace II Society and Dead Presidents and then do some bullshit like this hahahahahahahaha.

LONDON!
09-19-2010, 02:23 PM
LOL@London hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're a funny guy. Book Of Eli was a waste of time for Denzel. I can't believe The Hughes Brothers did classics like Menace II Society and Dead Presidents and then do some bullshit like this hahahahahahahaha.

ha ha, thats what i'm saying, i can't believe its the same brothers that did 'menace to society' & 'dead presidents' too, that came out wit this 'book of eli' bullshit, ha ha, its crazy

on a serious note though, i hope they pick a better script next time, for real, because they have the talent

CharlesJones
09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Denzel has done a few bad movies before like Virtuosity, Devil In A Blue Dress, Fallen, Heart Condition, Queen For My Country, The Mighty Quinn, Inside Man.

Tecknowledgist
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I dont think he was blind

*smacks forehead*

LONDON!
09-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Denzel has done a few bad movies before like Virtuosity, Devil In A Blue Dress, Fallen, Heart Condition, Queen For My Country, The Mighty Quinn, Inside Man.

yeah he does a lot of them i've gotta pay the bills type movies certain times, i can't hate on him for that you know, ha ha, so long as he fuck's around wit a couple of sick scripts once in a while too, like 'malcolm x', 'american gangster' , 'he got game', 'training day', 'crimson tide' and so on and so on

but i ain't gonna front or nuthin, i heard that 'devil in a blue dress' is supposed to be decent or sumthin, is this true?

CharlesJones
09-20-2010, 03:06 PM
You can check out Devil In A Blue Dress for yourself to see if you like it but it was boring to me. Don Cheadle did a good job in it. My manager at my 2nd job who said Book Of Eli was good said he didn't like American Gangster. Ain't that a bitch? LOL. He said American Gangster had too much violence LOL.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
eh, i thought it was an ok movie. fairly entertaining, although I'm not big on being preached to.

Uncle Steezo
09-20-2010, 08:19 PM
he wasn't blind.
if you think he was, then you take things at face value too much.

all throughout the movie you see him LOOKING at shit. looking out windows, looking in peoples eyes, looking at people hands, looking at his ipod, looking at his new boots as he tried em out, looking at the sky/sun.

i have this on dvd and i had to point these things out to somebody who also thought he was blind.

he wasn't.

LoTec
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM
he wasn't blind.

all throughout the movie you see him LOOKING at shit. looking out windows, looking in peoples eyes, looking at people hands, looking at his ipod, looking at his new boots as he tried em out, looking at the sky/sun.

i have this on dvd and i had to point these things out to somebody who also thought he was blind.

he wasn't.

This is what Im saying.

LONDON!
09-21-2010, 08:54 AM
You can check out Devil In A Blue Dress for yourself to see if you like it but it was boring to me. Don Cheadle did a good job in it. My manager at my 2nd job who said Book Of Eli was good said he didn't like American Gangster. Ain't that a bitch? LOL. He said American Gangster had too much violence LOL.

ha ha, thats jokes about your manager and that american gangster stuff, but yeah, devil in blue dress has don cheadle in it too, allright 'll look out for that shit on rental or sumthin

Tecknowledgist
09-22-2010, 07:47 PM
he wasn't blind.

he wasn't.

he wasn't looking, he was pointing his face in the proper direction. he looks at the sun because he can probably still make out a little light, or feel the heat. he travels according to the sun's position. basically, they need to have him do this or you would be able to tell he's blind right away and it would ruin the surprise at the end

when the corpse is hanging in the closet, he walks right into it

when he goes to put his gun down in one scene, he misses the table twice

when he's checking out a house in the beginning, he runs into a bunch of shit

when we wants his battery back from the pawn shop owner, he needs him to place it in his hands

he wakes up when the sun hits his face

he reads braille..

the climax of the movie is when the camera zooms in on his hazy eyeballs when he begins orating the bible

when the chick's blind mother walks into the room and says "make a sound so i know where you are" he realizes she's blind and asks her a bunch of questions about when she lost her sight, whether it was during the nuclear war, etc. she's probably the only other blind person he's ever met due to the difficulity of surviving in a post-apocalyptic world. this also acts as a dramatic irony because you're thinking "haha this bitch is blind, too bad she can't see like my man denzel!"

yes, he shoots with deadly accuracy and is an adept brawler. you can attribute that to his heightened remaining senses, and the divine guidance. film makers can get away with all of this shit just by saying "god is guiding him!"

he could hear the bird in the air and the chick could not

when the cannibals are about to feed them he hears her silverware rattling

if you're watching it and paying attention there's countless hints

any evidence of him having sight is either

1. bad scripting/directing
2. "god's guidance"
3. him "looking" in the right direction to throw off the audience

Uncle Steezo
09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
when he killed the cat, he walked right up to it, LOOKED AT IT, and wiped the leaves off.

during the shootout at the old folks house, he kept looking out the window.

RagnaroK
09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I thought he was blind at the end but not for the entire movie now you guys put me in doubt gotta see it again to make sure

PALEFORCE
09-23-2010, 02:49 PM
hes not blind, he took the tray from the blind lady and set it on the table he was watching her the whole time

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Denzel has done a few bad movies before like ... Devil In A Blue Dress... Inside Man.
:frusty:

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
09-23-2010, 11:21 PM
he was obviously blind, you dickfaces. that was the whole point of the movie. that and to teach you heathens to accept jesus as your lord and savior

Uncle Steezo
09-24-2010, 12:18 AM
i know you're hebrew and all, but you don't know wtf you talking bout.

if yall still think he's blind after this scene then idk what else to tell you.
0aPCdGki3wU

LoTec
09-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I gotta watch the movie again, I only seen it once and it never crossed my mind that he might be blind.

Swords
10-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Just picked this up :)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3959/51yovig71rlsl500.jpg

Obviously I thought the movie was brilliant enough to buy. Definitely has a cult feel to it. And the fact that there seems to be such a divide almost points to it. Give it 15/20 years and there'll be many a cinephile apologising for being so wrong the first time round. I of course will just carry a smug smile upon my face. :)

I also don't get why there's this whole 'was he blind or wasn't he' debate going on. It was like, the actual twist plot of the movie lol. On one hand it's cool that there's a 'was he a replicant or not' thing going on, because again that just leads to cult status, but on the other, you'd have to be blinder than Eli him self not to work out that he was indeed blind. Any moment in the movie where he 'seems' to be able to see was defined as 'spiritual guidance'.

Tecknowledgist
10-01-2010, 05:24 PM
when he's fighting the hijackers, he backs up under the bridge because he is BLIND and he will have the advantage in the DARK where THEY have difficulty seeing

THE CLIMAX OF THE MOVIE IS WHEN YOU FIND OUT THAT THE BOOK IS IN BRAILLE AND THE CAMERA ZOOMS IN ON DENZEL'S HAZY EYEBALLS

why the fuck would the camera zoom in on his hazy eyeballs if he could fucking see

he heard the cat at the bait, shot, walked to where the bait was and grabbed the cat. he wasnt LOOKING AT IT, were you mapping the trajectory of his pupils??? no, HE HAS SHADES ON

RAY CHARLES HAD SHADES ON

the literal PLOT TWIST OF THE MOVIE is when you find out he cannot see

i can't believe I am arguing this

While in transit, Solara escapes and drives back to help Eli. Rather than chase her, Carnegie chooses to return to the town with the Bible, since his vehicle is running out of fuel. Solara picks Eli up and they continue west until they reach the Golden Gate Bridge. They then row to Alcatraz, where they find a group of survivors. Eli tells the guards that he has a copy of the King James version of the Bible, and they are allowed in. Once inside, they are introduced to Lombardi (Malcolm McDowell), the curator. Eli, who is revealed to be blind, begins to dictate the Bible from memory.

PALEFORCE
10-01-2010, 06:30 PM
no