PDA

View Full Version : Eminem Disses Kanye?

davedigital360
09-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a diss to me. But why?

Em's verse is bananas by the way. I can't believe Just Blaze sampled that shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcaOzUV04z0&feature=fvst

Can't seem to embed video for some reason.

dad
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
that whole CD is wack.
qcaOzUV04z0&feature=fvst

Po1ites91
09-12-2010, 07:41 PM
how is that a diss? did you even listen to the line?

DThayer36
09-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah thats not a diiss at all

ALCATRAZ
09-12-2010, 09:35 PM
kanye > em

dad
09-12-2010, 10:40 PM
old eminem> kanye's whole career.

Poetic Wun
09-13-2010, 02:35 AM
word^

JakobR
09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
He basically just thanks Kanye for getting "wack cocksuckers" off stage. A lot of people think that he says "snatch the mic from him" but it really is them.

J.T.S.
09-13-2010, 12:43 PM
this album is terrible!

hide1998
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
old eminem> kanye's whole career.

The old Eminem doesn't have ONE album better than Late Registration (or even College Dropout), so I don't know how your breakdown works.

claaa7
09-14-2010, 12:29 PM
i like Kanye's three first albums alot but none of them are hardly fucking with "Marshall Mathers LP".

100pr00f
09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
recovery > 808

UncontrolledSubstans
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Lol "25 to Life" pretty much shits on everything Kanye ever put out. God damn how can you even compare these two rappers... Eminem is the best MC of all time Kanye is just small potatoes. Even Eminems worst album is better than Kanyes best.

Like Toy Soldiers (From Encore) > Every single track on College Dropout...

claaa7
09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
^ Em is definitely way above Kanye's level but "Like Toy Soldiers"?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1aEUnQaAsLI/0.jpg

UncontrolledSubstans
09-14-2010, 02:30 PM
^ Em is definitely way above Kanye's level but "Like Toy Soldiers"?

Haha actually it is quite funny. When i first heard that track i hated it. The hook is corny and wack and i did not feel it at all. But now i started to listen to it more and more and now i just can't stop listen to it lol. Beat is great and Em comes correct. Hook is still corny but it's the best track of Encore (except maybe "We as Americans" and "Love Yoo More" which was on the bonus CD).

"I'm supposed to be the soldier who never blows his composure
Even though I hold the weight of the whole world on my shoulders
I ain't never supposed to show it, my crew ain't supposed to know it
Even if it means goin' toe to toe with a Benzino it don't matter
I'd never drag them in battles that I can handle unless I absolutely have to
I'm supposed to set an example
I need to be the leader, my crew looks for me to guide 'em
If some shit ever does pop off, I'm supposed to be beside 'em"

realer than anything that Kanye ever spit.

JakobR
09-14-2010, 03:55 PM
How is the hook corny? Cus so many other artists have sampled the exact same part before him? Speaking of corny, 25 to life is probably the definition of that. How many times have the "woman = hip hop" analogy been used now?

The eminem show is still my favourite album from him.

UncontrolledSubstans
09-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Nah just thinks it sounds corny. Sounds like little kids singing. Never liked that. And sure 25 to Life is a bit corny as well, the hook and beat is not all that but the energy and lyrics are just to great. Lyrics is most def up with Commons "I Used to Love H.E.R.".

And i totally agree whit you about "The Eminem Show". Underrated as fuck. To bad "Simulate" did not make the final cut. Lyrically probably the dopest Eminem track.

hide1998
09-15-2010, 03:40 AM
We're really living in sad times when someone could attempt to argue that Encore is better than College Dropout (or Late Registration). I wonder sometimes when some listen to hip-hop do they care much for substance, or are more into, "Oh my god, did you catch how many syllables those two bars had!? Sure he's rapping about vomiting, BUT LISTEN TO HOW HE RHYMED THOSE SYLLABLES TOGETHER!!?! GOAT STATUS!" :no: Even from a musical standpoint, it's difficult to bump most Eminem albums. From a technical standpoint, Eminem is difficult to knock (cadence, etc.) But as far as substance goes...no where near the likes of a lot of MCs. Maybe it's an age thing, but I wonder how many in their 30s really "feel" Eminem. For young teens, I sort of can understand the fascination. When I was 13, a movie that consisted of nothing but CGI "cool looking" explosions and car chases may have wowed me. But close to 20 years later....I don't think so.

Mr. R&B
09-15-2010, 04:09 AM
How is the hook corny? Cus so many other artists have sampled the exact same part before him? Speaking of corny, 25 to life is probably the definition of that. How many times have the "woman = hip hop" analogy been used now?

The eminem show is still my favourite album from him.

At least you're honest enough to admit when the dude makes a corny move.

TBH I really dislike The Eminem Show, it's the album that noticably marked the downturn in his quality as an artist.

I can't stand some of the songs on that album.

Sure there are some great songs on it, but for every banger there's an absolute piece of shit of a song on the tracklisting.