PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a soul?

cutn' heads
09-13-2010, 07:21 AM
I suppose this question is directed more toward those who do not believe in a god. I fall into that catergory but i do feel as though i have a "soul". There is some part of me which i feel will always exist in some form even after my physical body dies. I cannot imagine my conciousness "dying" or not existing.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-13-2010, 08:39 AM
So you're a Buddhist?

Basically I think the idea of a soul is just a way to convince people to kill each other. If people knew they were utterly destroying one another from existence they'd think before they acted. If they just re-spawned its totally fine to kill them all. But shit ain't a game. People don't come back. They don't respawn. No one is camping their corpse waiting for it to rise again (presuming we aren't talking zombie apocalypse.)

cutn' heads
09-13-2010, 08:49 AM
i dont believe in reincarnation if thats what you're getting at. but there are some elements of buddhism that i relate to. i would still be considered an athiest by most standards. i don't believe in a supreme being or a creator. i do feel like there is a strong connection between all things in the universe. don't know how or why it is, but i can't deny it exists.

Golden_Armz
09-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Why wouldnt you have a soul? What is the "energy" keeping you alive, and what is it the consciousness which differentiates mankind from the rest of species? If there is an outer body, there must be an inner body. If there is a consciousness there must be an inner being.

Just because you do not appear in this realm in the physical form upon passing doesnt mean "resurrection" does not exist! You are basing all your conclusion on your 5 senses. We all know there is more to it then our 5 senses, it has been scientifically proven!

LORD NOSE
09-13-2010, 10:19 AM
We all know there is more to it then our 5 senses,

how much do we know about it to be able to talk about it factually ?

it has been scientifically proven!

really ?

cutn' heads
09-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Why wouldnt you have a soul? What is the "energy" keeping you alive, and what is it the consciousness which differentiates mankind from the rest of species? If there is an outer body, there must be an inner body. If there is a consciousness there must be an inner being.

Just because you do not appear in this realm in the physical form upon passing doesnt mean "resurrection" does not exist! You are basing all your conclusion on your 5 senses. We all know there is more to it then our 5 senses, it has been scientifically proven!

im not disagreeing with you here, but what makes you think any of this is scientifically proven?

Frank Sobotka
09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
a "Soul" is one of those things that has no 1 definition.

You can't discuss it untill you agree on what a soul is.

I say it's simply your conciousness or identity.

cutn' heads
09-13-2010, 10:46 AM
a "Soul" is one of those things that has no 1 definition.

You can't discuss it untill you agree on what a soul is.

I say it's simply your conciousness or identity.

at it's simplest, yes...

Edgar Erebus
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm caucasian. I can't have soul.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-13-2010, 03:15 PM
i dont believe in reincarnation if thats what you're getting at. but there are some elements of buddhism that i relate to. i would still be considered an athiest by most standards. i don't believe in a supreme being or a creator. i do feel like there is a strong connection between all things in the universe. don't know how or why it is, but i can't deny it exists.

Our Protons, Electrons, and Neutrons are shared with all matter. The very fabric of matter is universal. At the sub atomic all is one. In Greek Atom means indivisible because all matter is made of the same sorts of electrons, neutrons, and protons.

Why would I have a "soul". The energy that keeps me alive is in the form of electricity. Energy simply is. Its more implied then observed. I can't see what moves the particle but I see that it moved. We can't see why it moves (energy) we just know that it does. Energy is there and we can observe its effects but not something you can look at under a microscope.

My consciousness is different because I'm uniquely made of parts of two different people who are totally unique. On top of that my brain has been rewiring itself to deal with the specific data that I've collected with my senses. My brain is totally different from any other brain on earth but its similar enough that its capable of thinking like other brains. Its also capable of thinking uniquely. Basically how my brain is wired and how it processes is why I'm not you. My brain sees differently because it is different. So my "soul" isn't your "soul" for the same reason one penny is not the same penny as another penny. They're essentially identical, but they're mildly different and exist simultaneously.

So basically there is no "soul" but there is you and there is a me. We exist. Well, you know you exist and I know I exist. I think therefore I am. But I can't prove you exist, I just assume you're real. And basically that's my breakdown.

LORD NOSE
09-13-2010, 07:30 PM
the same light that shines on you is also in you because you have a sol/sun in your solar plexus - lmao - your SUN is hot - light and sound given off by your sol/sun > Solar - if you don't believe me, breath on your hand - don't blow, but Breath - ......................

you see - you have a Soul

now how do you get it to super nova ?

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-13-2010, 07:59 PM
You do realize soul and sol are not related etymologically. Soul is derived from Sawol which probably means "bound in death" due to etymology (and the fact that the Germanic burial practices bind the body so it will not come back to haunt the living) in Anglo Saxon Old English.

Sol is Latin for Sun. Sun is derived from the Old English word Sunna which is closely related to Sonne in modern German.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Have no knowledge of linguistics or metaphysics in general. The body is an organic machine. That's all there is. Yours is apparently damaged.

Golden_Armz
09-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Peace,

Indeed this is a big ocean and much of it does boil down to interpretation, perception and experience.

I wasn't saying the soul is scientifically proven but the fact that our perception is limited to our 5 senses is scientifically proven. It is scientifically proven that our sight perception occurs internally within our brains, as we do not see through looking out of our eyes but through the reflective image at the back of our brain. Therefore our vision is limited to this reflection and "true vision" is alien to it. We all know we use only a portion of our brain to our advantage.

This was the point I was making - but it was not to prove the existance of the soul, rather to prove that the physical body is somewhat of a "cage" to a true inner being.

LORD NOSE
09-14-2010, 08:04 AM
You do realize soul and sol are not related etymologically. Soul is derived from Sawol which probably means "bound in death" due to etymology (and the fact that the Germanic burial practices bind the body so it will not come back to haunt the living) in Anglo Saxon Old English.

Sol is Latin for Sun. Sun is derived from the Old English word Sunna which is closely related to Sonne in modern German.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Have no knowledge of linguistics or metaphysics in general. The body is an organic machine. That's all there is. Yours is apparently damaged.

Soul/Sol/Sun - i don't need a degree in linguistics or metaphysics to make the connection

disrespect me again in here and you post will begin to disappear

LORD NOSE
09-14-2010, 08:09 AM
It is scientifically proven that our sight perception occurs internally within our brains, as we do not see through looking out of our eyes but through the reflective image at the back of our brain. Therefore our vision is limited to this reflection and "true vision" is alien to it. We all know we use only a portion of our brain to our advantage.

yes - and we can guess how these things that we cannot detect effects us

there are "things" that exist that we are obviously blocked off from

if my guess of what these things are is different than yours, should i be labeled an unbeliever and killed ?

pro.Graveface
09-14-2010, 11:02 AM
the body is da vehicle , transportating the soul!

I is all!!!

yall shud read "the diamond Conscious" it explainz!

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Soul/Sol/Sun - i don't need a degree in linguistics or metaphysics to make the connection

disrespect me again in here and you post will begin to disappear

You have no idea how frustratingly fragile your ego is.

Uncle Steezo
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Once again I'd like to apologize for my son's behavior. He has a little knowledege, which is dangerous in and of itself, and no wisdom and understanding, which we are working on.

For example, the Greeks were children of Khemet. Atom comes from Atum. Atum is the creator and the original undifferentiated matter/energy. Hense the "indivisible" definition the Greeks attached to it.

Boarz will tell you that he is a machine but yet has no creator. While the term machine implies creation with the intent of processing energy.

Like I said, we are working on it. Lol

Anyway, it's my understanding is that the soul is defined by 8 aspects of divinity. The animus, intuition, creativity, wisdom, emotion, will, imagination, intellect. two higher dimensions govern these aspects via programming and control.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
09-14-2010, 05:08 PM
i am going to have to sue you for e-custody of BHB, gavin.

obviously he needs guidance and direction, but you are clearly an unfit e-parent. You don't understand responsibility and are living in a complete fantasy world.

boarz, grab your etch-a-sketch and your Highlights magazines and go wait in the car.

You can still see gavin once every other weekend, but don't believe a word he says.

Uncle Steezo
09-14-2010, 07:02 PM
i am going to have to sue you for e-custody of BHB, gavin.

obviously he needs guidance and direction, but you are clearly an unfit e-parent. You don't understand responsibility and are living in a complete fantasy world.

boarz, grab your etch-a-sketch and your Highlights magazines and go wait in the car.

You can still see gavin once every other weekend, but don't believe a word he says.

First of all boarz's penis is 90% foreskin, so circumcision is gonna be brutal.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
09-14-2010, 07:04 PM
ahahahsaha

Earmuffs, boarz
(we'll just tie a rubber band around it and wait a week)

Golden_Armz
09-15-2010, 06:05 AM
yes - and we can guess how these things that we cannot detect effects us

there are "things" that exist that we are obviously blocked off from

if my guess of what these things are is different than yours, should i be labeled an unbeliever and killed ?

"There is no compulsion in religion" - you have your beliefs and I have mine and there is no need for two laymen to kill each other over differing

However I am not really interested in "guessing" - especially on matters as deep as the soul - unless I am at such a spiritual state that my "guess" is based on the station I have achieved and is more or less a guess of "reality". However this is a long and difficult road which I dont think any of us are any more than beginners on at most!

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-15-2010, 09:20 AM
First of all boarz's penis is 90% foreskin, so circumcision is gonna be brutal.

Mathematically I'd need 72 inches (or a dick like seven inches shorter) of foreskin for that to be true. Fortunately I don't have any. Shit is weird. Foreskin looks like a sock puppet or something. Way gross.

cutn' heads
09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
foreskin is the devil...

pro.Graveface
09-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Im born without a foreskin,

LORD NOSE
09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
"There is no compulsion in religion" - you have your beliefs and I have mine and there is no need for two laymen to kill each other over differing

However I am not really interested in "guessing" - especially on matters as deep as the soul - unless I am at such a spiritual state that my "guess" is based on the station I have achieved and is more or less a guess of "reality". However this is a long and difficult road which I dont think any of us are any more than beginners on at most!

sounds like the beginning of a Peaceful and Respectful Journey

I don't know - i've been told this, it says this in this book,allot of people in my area believe it to be this way - ...but i don't know

cutn' heads
09-16-2010, 12:42 PM
i know i got soul...

really though, i rebel against creationism and religion because there are just too many scientific explanations that are far more plausible. however, when i look inside myself i cannot dispute the fact that i feel something more powerful coming from deep within. it's real. and the older i get the more i feel it... im having a hard time reconciling these two beliefs...

Urban_Journalz
09-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes, I have a soul. I know I do and I don't need a scientist to prove it to me because I don't limit myself to the perception of the 5 senses. Some things exist outside the realm of duality and simply ARE. The Soul of Man being one of them.

pro.Graveface
09-17-2010, 04:00 AM
meditate is the key to the soul, focus exercises 2

LORD NOSE
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
one of the worst things you can do is lie to yourself

cutn' heads
09-17-2010, 01:22 PM
ok ...

PALEFORCE
09-17-2010, 01:54 PM
anybody know who ssings that i got soul song?

pro.Graveface
09-18-2010, 12:33 PM
I know you got soul - Bobby Byrd