PDA

View Full Version : LL Cool J vs Jay-Z

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
In my opinion, i think that LL is better than Jay-Z. LL has a really good and underrated catergory and he was able to adjust to the changes in hip hop landscape. LL probs influenced Jay and i think LL is a really underrated rapper, listen to his verse on EPMD's 'Rampage'.

Po1ites91
09-15-2010, 11:08 AM
ll is definitely not underrated. just cause your friends around you dont feel the same way about an artist doesnt make them underrated

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-15-2010, 11:12 AM
how come he's never even in the top 10 rappers GOAT discussions then?

JakobR
09-15-2010, 12:41 PM
He hasn't released anything great in years and cus of the fact that hip hop is blessed with so many talented rappers.

claaa7
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
how come he's never even in the top 10 rappers GOAT discussions then?

wow, come on you can't be serious with that statement. LL was ALWAYS considered one of the best from at least 1985 to 1995, plus he's the one who even coined the term GOAT that everybody started running with.

i love LL's earlier material, everything from "Radio" to "Mr. Smith" was nothing but dope albums and with tracks like "Murdergram" there's no doubting he's one of the nastiest mic rippers. problem is he has been dropping waaaaaaay more wack material than good for 10 years time now. like GZA might have been my favorite MC of all time at some point but today he wouldn't even make my top 10.