PDA

View Full Version : DJ Premier Mix Claaa7 help please

Frank Drebin
09-16-2010, 02:50 AM
claaa7 hit me up bro i need that goodness dj premier's produced tracks that hit the hardness, but no gangstarr please. Come on man i know you got that good shit. Like any type of way by kane etc CAMMMMMMAN!!!!

claaa7
09-16-2010, 03:08 AM
ait man i'm gonna hit you up with a dope Preem compilation when i got the time! y'all can make suggestions on what you want on it here if you want.

Lex Lugor
09-16-2010, 03:25 AM
If there were such a cd for sale I would buy it as soon as touch it but unfortunately I havent heard of anything.
Suggestions:
'First Nigga'
I kinda dig that 'Like A Muhfucka' joint.
Preferably all Freddy Foxxx joints. That'll motivate me to cop all his shit, and I KNOW theres some fucking neck breakers out there.
Ive heard some RIDICULOUS Teflon joints that I havent been able to track down the full versions of.
I heard this Blaq Poet joint where he talks about how he's hearing voices. I Guarantee that was a Primo joint and it was a banger.
Thats off the top, I gotta go check out some tapes and see what joints need to be on such a mix. It would be awesome if you do this Claaa that you post it up for everybody to get. Til then PEACE!

x7fifteen4
09-16-2010, 03:50 AM
No Gangstarr? I had to though!

jg-IOCXTYzM

MaskedAvenger
09-16-2010, 03:56 AM
I could up this in no time, but im not bothered to come up with the tracklist.

Lex Lugor
09-16-2010, 04:01 AM
Nah chances are we got those gangstarr joints or their incredibly easy to find.
Anyway "Lazy" Is a Freddy Foxxx Joint that is just BANANAS. Even if all his solo crap is crap like im told it is he'll get a hundred purchases off the strength of that one song.

Something I couldnt be bothered to do tho is get all them gangstarr rarities cds (Theres like a whole alphabets worth I believe, VOL A-Z) even a compilation of the best songs of all those would be just ridiculous.

Frank Drebin
09-16-2010, 05:05 AM
alright suggestion

1) any type of way by kane
2) I have faith in you kid CLAAA7

OPTIMUS
09-16-2010, 07:21 AM
there would have to be a DITC,KRS, MOP and Rakim track on there

heres the catalog to choose from http://www.djpremierblog.com/trackology/

deeznutz1981
09-16-2010, 08:19 AM
claaa7 off the top of my head the preemo tracks you have to have on there that bang crazy hard are:

All City - The Actual
Pitch Black - It's All Real
KRS - MC's Act Like They Don't Know

fatboybrandon
09-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Whatever compilation you get online, I recommend you use it as a shopping guide to then go out and dig for Premier's productions on vinyl, tape or CD. It's a life experience in itself that is responsible for the birth and continued life span of Hip Hop.

No DJs + no record collectors and buyers = no Hip Hop. It reminds me of ecologists who advise people in commercials to stop using products harmful to the ozone, because eventually it may gone due to people's negligence.

fEyUDIZ3CNA

Chi Ali - No Surrender, No Retreat produced by Premier. This sounds like A.G. wrote his lyrics.

TAURO
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
My choices would be

MC Lyte - Wonder Years
Big Daddy Kane - Any Type of way
Group Home - Livin Proof
Big L - Platinum Plus
Showbiz & AG - Next Level
Nas - Nas is like
Crooklyn Dogers 95 - Return of the crooklyn dogers
Cormega - Dirty Game
Rakim - When I B on the mic
KRS One - MC's act like they don't know
Royce da 5'9 - Boom
Ludacris - MVP
Xzibit - What A Mess
Nas,KRS,Rakim,kanye - Classic
NYGZ - Ya Dayz R Numbered
Sonja Blade - Look For the name
X-ecutioners feat Premo - Premier's X-ecution (added to give primo some real shine)
Limp Bizkit feat Method Man - N together now
Kool G Rap - On The Rise Again
Jay Z - D'evils
B.I.G - Kick in the door
Verbal Threat - Reality Check
AZ - The come up

I could go on and on, these are just some of my faves, I wanted to give each artist just one track but personally I would have added some gangstarr to the list as well.

If you don't know some of these tracks I suggest you look them up cos they're all dope, believe me.

claaa7
09-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Whatever compilation you get online, I recommend you use it as a shopping guide to then go out and dig for Premier's productions on vinyl, tape or CD. It's a life experience in itself that is responsible for the birth and continued life span of Hip Hop.

No DJs + no record collectors and buyers = no Hip Hop. It reminds me of ecologists who advise people in commercials to stop using products harmful to the ozone, because eventually it may gone due to people's negligence.

yep, i strongly agree with what you just said here. collecting records have been my biggest passion since i was probably 10 years old and i always support releases from underground artists that i wants to continue making music. that should be logic to anyone who's into music but sadly that's not the case... among my friends i'm one of the few who still buys music.

claaa7
09-16-2010, 10:35 AM
thanks for all the suggestions, some of them will be included altho i will try to use some rarer material as well that you might not have heard before as well.

Lex Lugor: Freddie Foxxx's album "Industry Shakedown" is INCREDIBLE, check it out if you haven't yet.

Sunz of Man
09-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Some of my favorites outside Gang Starr work:

KRS-One - Mortal Thought
KRS-One - Wannabeemceez
Jeru the Damaja - D.Original
Jeru the Damaja - Revenge of the Prophet (Pt 5)
Jeru the Damaja - The Frustrated Nigga
Jeru the Damaja - Black Cowboys
Nas - Represent
Nas - I Gave You Power
Nas - Nas is Like
Nas - Come Get Me
The Notorious B.I.G. - Unbelieveable
The Notorious B.I.G. - Kick in the Door
M.O.P. - Stick To Ya Gunz
Jay-Z - D'Evils
O.C. - My World
Krumbsnatcha - Incredible
Capone-N-Noreaga - Invincible
Freddie Foxxx - R.N.S.
Common - The 6th Sense
AZ - The Come Up

way too many, but he has so many good songs its hard to pick haha

THE MASON
09-16-2010, 11:14 AM
thanks for all the suggestions, some of them will be included altho i will try to use some rarer material as well that you might not have heard before as well.

Lex Lugor: Freddie Foxxx's album "Industry Shakedown" is INCREDIBLE, check it out if you haven't yet.

cosign both these, go with the rare shit, most tracks posted are from retail albums, i'd like some VLS tracks, or rare remixes. Preemo is dope with the remixes, not quite as dope as Pete Rock though

and Industry Shakedown is that shit, Freddie needs another album out soon

UncontrolledSubstans
09-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Two of my favorites:

TI264qcI2lo

Could possible be the hardest track of all time. Beat is just bananas and the video is one of my favorites. Just love the introduction of Lil' Dap when he starts to rhyme.

McxHlJearmY

This is another favorite that you might not have heard. "Ain't The Devil Happy" is probably mt favorite with Jeru but you probably heard that one.