wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Blogs > First Upz

So I'm still trying to figure out how to get this stupid blog shit to work the way it's supposed to...maybe this will stick.

I hate the internet. How odd is that? A meduim with the potential to connect every person on the planet, a global marketplace capable of offering me almost any product or service imaginable...this is evil. Well, not really. Maybe I'm just a little jaded. Have you read "McWorld vs. Jihad"? Don't let the title fool you, it's about economics/politics. Good read. Kinda dry though.
I miss the fact that once upon a time, you had to talk to people. Typing words at folks around the globe is cool, but I know the kind of impact I have on people in RL and it's hard to bring that across in cyberspace. Body language, facial expressions, and vocal tone are the majority of communication, and this medium takes all that away. The average person barely skims what they read (I'm guilty of doing this too!) and we only half listen to what others tell us (cuz we're so busy waiting to say what ever it is that buzzes around in our craniums that we just don't really LISTEN), so how am I to communicate effectively with my fellow humans?
lol.
If you tell me the sky is blue and I disagree, am I crazy? U might think so, but I'd have one question for you: what is the sky made of?
RZA said on the Wu Forever cd that most won't understand because they were not meant to. What's your percentage?
Rate this Entry

On it

Posted 09-18-2009 at 12:21 AM by BornPower
It's funny how you never know who you are talking to until you really get to know them. My friend Sekmet introduced me to performing and I'm into it now. We talkin mics, albums, tours, the whole nine. She's read some of my work here on Wu-Corp and she even supports the idea of a self-published book. Just think, I met this woman when I worked at Cricket (yeah, I know...) trying to cell her a phone. My next Earthly vessel will have to be an artist.
So I'm spreading my wings a lil as a grown person. Lease, bills all in my name. Seems like a small thing, but how many of us really have our own? For so long I've followed another mind's advice and nothing came of it. My plans are bearing fruit as I said, and I can't complain. Next up is my own PC, then music programs.School starts for me in January (I will be a teacher in a few years) and I even have a multi-media project in the works.
Get at me for one stop shoppin on the creative word side. Idea man, wordsmith, and soon to be poet laureate. Damn my life is startin to look good. All I need right now is a b....nevamind, I got a fifth here with me. I'm good.
Peace.
Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by BornPower