wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Blogs > First Upz

So I'm still trying to figure out how to get this stupid blog shit to work the way it's supposed to...maybe this will stick.

I hate the internet. How odd is that? A meduim with the potential to connect every person on the planet, a global marketplace capable of offering me almost any product or service imaginable...this is evil. Well, not really. Maybe I'm just a little jaded. Have you read "McWorld vs. Jihad"? Don't let the title fool you, it's about economics/politics. Good read. Kinda dry though.
I miss the fact that once upon a time, you had to talk to people. Typing words at folks around the globe is cool, but I know the kind of impact I have on people in RL and it's hard to bring that across in cyberspace. Body language, facial expressions, and vocal tone are the majority of communication, and this medium takes all that away. The average person barely skims what they read (I'm guilty of doing this too!) and we only half listen to what others tell us (cuz we're so busy waiting to say what ever it is that buzzes around in our craniums that we just don't really LISTEN), so how am I to communicate effectively with my fellow humans?
lol.
If you tell me the sky is blue and I disagree, am I crazy? U might think so, but I'd have one question for you: what is the sky made of?
RZA said on the Wu Forever cd that most won't understand because they were not meant to. What's your percentage?
Rate this Entry

Fresh Pages

Posted 03-29-2011 at 06:04 PM by BornPower
I can't hold it in anymore. I've been using the 'net to get caught up on albums i used to have (or to hear stuff I should have heard by now) and I'm convinced that it's time to roll up my sleeves and do something.
I have a loooooong list of beats I wanna redo Mix-tape style and I'm starting with Timbaland and Dr. Dre.
I'm convinced that outside forces conspired to stunt this man's growth and the musical movement he was manifesting with Missy and Magoo. Has anyone actually listened to Timb's albums? The man is SICK and he was bitten SO many times in so many ways that it's STILL crazy. I still don't know why more people didn't try to get their hands on stuff produced by Mr. Mosely, but one of my first solo tapes will be using his production.
What can I say about the good Doctor that hasn't been said over and over by the media? How about EM WAS HIS BIGGEST MISTAKE? Think about it. Dre almost single-handedly defined the Western sound with his work at Death Row then he turns around and signs a White boy from Detroit? I smell bullshit here. The "Aftermath" album showed that Dre could draw on a deep and wide pool of talent to represent on his music....and he partners with someone like Em. Maybe Dre relished the idea of a challenge....maybe he saw what Em could be instead of what he was/is....maybe Dre knows something I don't. All I'm saying is that if Dre had a more stable....stable of artists he might be better off. My two cents. Either way, I'm gonna do a tape with Dre's beats too.

Notable mentions on my list....Alchemist, Dilla, Kanye, Neptunes and Scram Jones....

on this site I'm comin at 7th and Lord Zero for some tracks too!
Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by BornPower