contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > TheFunkyDrummer

Conversation Between TheFunkyDrummer and VORTEX
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 29 of 29
  1. TheFunkyDrummer
    11-20-2012 12:41 PM
    TheFunkyDrummer
    http://soundcloud.com/elimed

Check out these beats from the friend I was talking about earlier in the other thread. Making beats with the MPC 2000 and 60.
  2. TheFunkyDrummer
    11-20-2012 12:38 PM
    TheFunkyDrummer
    But it does depend on the uploader, like Jay Dee on YouTube has the best quality possible. I just like vinyl because of the way it looks and it's just more fun to listen to and just get happy when you touch that 12 inch. A lot of shit from Dilla is not on vinyl so it's great to have YouTube. I used to hate it but now that there are some good uploaders I do like the channel. Most of the times I listen to it from my hard disc tho. I have so many unreleased stuff but a lot of shit is on different tapes same tracks
  3. TheFunkyDrummer
    11-20-2012 12:35 PM
    TheFunkyDrummer
    Yes such a shame you can check it on discogs.com Vol. 2, Welcome 2 Detroit, Old Donuts, Another Batch, Fantastic 1 & 2 and all them early tapes really have that Vintage Dilla sound. I also prefer listening on Wax, vinyl and turntables is the best shit, don't like CD's that much but it's better than buying shit digital. I think Dilla was getting better and better it's really insane how producer kept gettin worse and he was improving himself. Listen to beats like Verbal Clap from De La Soul where he did the bass and shit and used the synthesizer and played that himself. I think if he was still alive he would have been even better. The reason Donuts sounds simple is because he was using the SP303 for the first time and you can hear the efx on them beats. It's all simple but he also had hidden messages in the tracks. Johnny Don't Do It (his little brother), Don't Cry (for his mother), Last Donut Of The Night.
  4. VORTEX
    11-20-2012 12:09 PM
    VORTEX
    Most def!!!!!!! "Shake It Down" has been my fav. track on W2D since i first got it!
    "Come Get It" is damn ill too!
    Only heard small parts of the tapes here and there, mostly just heard what i could buy and find on wax tho'. call me old as fuck lol, Shit just ain't the same if your first listen is from a youtube vid' vs. wax! Aight, Vol 2. Vintage and Old Donuts, i'll see what i can find lol (Are they only available on cds?)
  5. TheFunkyDrummer
    11-20-2012 11:44 AM
    TheFunkyDrummer
    Vol. 2 Vintage and Old Donuts I think. All his Beat Tapes are better than Donuts in my opinion, cause they have better samples and chops. Donuts was loops but it had something special. Da 1st Installment is a whole other vibe where Dilla touched on some dubstep elements before the genre even existed and became mainstream. 3 Beat Tapes, 64 Beats, Another Batch, Hiccuped Classixx, Ruff Draft, Unknown, Welcome 2 Detroit all classics. Yes Welcome 2 Detroit is crazy. Rico Suave Bossa Nova, Shake It Down (!!!!!), Featuring Phat Kat.
  6. VORTEX
    11-20-2012 11:01 AM
    VORTEX
    That's some sad shit to hear! Dilla = GOAT, plain and simple.
    - When you say "tape", do you mean his beat tapes or all albums in general?..
    Personally my fav's are, "Welcome 2 Detroit" & "The Shining" and as far as instrumental goes i'm still madly in love with "Donuts".. Don't care what anybody says man, that shit is some vibe ass music! - I still digg' "Ruff Draft" hella much, but yeah we all got our own fav. - What's yours homie?
  7. TheFunkyDrummer
    11-20-2012 10:19 AM
    TheFunkyDrummer
    Cats around here don't show enough love for Jay Dee the greatest beatmaker of all time. What tape you think is his best?
  8. VORTEX
    11-20-2012 10:16 AM
    VORTEX
    Thanks man! and likewise Homie... TURN IT UP!
  9. TheFunkyDrummer
    11-20-2012 10:05 AM
    TheFunkyDrummer
    Dope avatar!