Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sound Shack (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   anyone heard the new Bilal album? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100057)

claaa7 09-18-2010 08:34 AM

anyone heard the new Bilal album?

this has had so bad promotion it's not even funny but i read somewhere that it's been released. Bilal is one of my favorite modern soul singers, he always kill his guest spots on hip-hop songs (especially his work with Common stands out to me; tracks like "6th Sense", "The People", "Misunderstood", etc.). his debut album from 2001, "1st Born Second", is an amazing album and one of the best soul albums in the 2000s if you ask me - he really proved he's very versatile on there, everything from sugar sweet soul tracks to Dr. Dre produced hip-hop bangers to sing over and experimental songs like the title track. i wonder if his new album is as good tho, it's been 10 years since his debut and i have no clue what producers he's worked with on this one either. any info is appreciated and if you have listened drop a little review please.

otherwise just use the thread to give Bilal a little appreciation:

LONDON! 09-18-2010 10:07 AM

co-sign this, that brother has a unique, very soulful voice, his first album was sick, a lot of classics on there

i don't get why a lot of neo soul type albums don't be getting the proper promotion they deserve, i think its got to do wit the fact a lot of those artists are on underground independents so they probably don't have a lot of bread for promotion for obvious reasons, its a sad situation all around, but i'll look out for this album, because i didn't even no he dropped a new album either

here's some other heads i want to hear some albums from thats from the same cloth or i have soulful voices that i would like to hear over neo soul type productions

jill scott
tweet
d'angelo
blue rasberry
tekitha
faith evans
anthony hamilton
amel larrieux(the lead singer from groove theory, she's released a lot of decent independent albums)
zhane
india arie
angie stone
davina(she came out wit that best of both world's album on loud from 98, that featured rae on one of her tracks)
raheem devaughn
eyrkah badu
raphael saddiq
lina(she had that 'playa no more' classical music type vibe production, but street back in the day and released a decent album too)
adriana evans(she had a soulful jazz influenced album on loud back in the day)
k-ci(from jodeci)

Ghost In The 'Lac 09-18-2010 10:08 AM

didnt know he had one out, he fell off though thats what i do know. actually les fell offmore never actually lived up to his promise at all

Taskmaster2112 04-23-2011 02:46 PM

"Airtight's Revenge" was dope as hell. Flying Lotus directed the video for "Levels", which is my favorite song on the album. The video is cool too.

djskillz 04-23-2011 05:35 PM

yeah i got it. i haven't gave it a full listen yet though. might give it a spin tonight.

JASPER BEARDLY 04-24-2011 02:33 AM

thanks for that list london i look forward to going thru it

what u guys think of this album