Raekwon "Shaolin v.s. Wu-Tang" Review
The album incorporates many factors from CLII that made that album successful from the producers (Jones, Mathematics, Alchemist, B.T.) to the guest spots (Method Man, GZA/Genius, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, Busta Rhymes)
1. Shaolin v.s. Wu-Tang [SCRAM JONES] 2:30
2. Every Soldier In The Hood w/ Method Man [OH NO] 2:54
3. Silver Rings w/ Ghostface Killah [CILVARINGZ] 1:49
4. Chop Chop Ninja w/ Inspectah Deck & Estelle [BLUEROCKS] 4:25
5. Butter Knives [BRONZE NAZARETH] 2:48
6. Snake Pond [SELASI] 2:29
7. Crane Style w/ Busta Rhymes [SCRAM JONES] 1:55
8. Rock `N Roll w/ Ghostface Killah, Jim Jones & Kobe [DJ KHALIL] 5:40
9. Rich & Black w/ Nas [SEAN C & LV] 3:36
10. From The Hills w/ Method Man & Raheem DeVaughn [KENNY DOPE] 2:56
11. Last Train To Scotland w/ Lloyd Banks [SCRAM JONES] 2:43
12. Ferry Boat Killaz [ALCHEMIST] 2:01
13. Dart School [MATHEMATICS] 2:28
14. Molasses w/ Rick Ross & Ghostface Killah [XTREME] 4:13
15. The Scroll [EVIDENCE] 2:35
16. Masters Of Our Fates w/ Black Thought [TOMMY NOVA] 3:23
17. Wu-Chant (Outro) [TOMMY NOVA] 0:42
18. Wu-Crime w/ GZA/Genius & Killah Priest [B.T.] 3:00
19. Your World & My World w/ Havoc [HAVOC] 4:23
y did u delete your other thread?....newayz i voted superior
1. Shaolin v.s. Wu-Tang 4/5
2. Every Soldier In The Hood 4/5
3. Silver Rings w/ Ghostface Killah 5/5
4. Chop Chop Ninja 3.5/5
5. Butter Knives 5/5
6. Snake Pond 5/5
7. Crane Style 4/5
8. Rock `N Roll 2.5/5
9. Rich & Black 5/5
10. From The Hills 4/5
11. Last Train To Scotland 5/5
12. Ferry Boat Killaz 4/5
13. Dart School 4/5
14. Molasses 5/5
15. The Scroll 5/5
16. Masters Of Our Fates 5/5
17. Wu-Chant (Outro) 5/5
18. Wu-Crime w/ GZA/Genius & Killah Priest [B.T.]
19. Your World & My World w/ Mobb Deep [HAVOC]
I think its a cool as fuck album. Great follow up to CL2.
First of all the song titles are just crazy as fuck haha - Last Train to Scotland? Chop Chop Ninja? Butter Knives? Ferry Boat Killaz? Molasses? Damn son! Rae's still giving lessons in that.
Intro to Rich and Black is crazy, and even though this track doesnt live up to the ridiculous high standards of Nas/Rae collabos (the beat on the end of the song is far better than the actual one), Rae keeps up his record of getting the better of Nas when he's on the same track as him. (IMO).
"Bolivian connects restless, Chef ambidextrous" haha
Molasses carries faint memories of Ironman, and all the guest spots on this album were dope.
I wish Rae would make his hooks more obviously seperate from his verses like he used to though. Like on Molasses, he has a sick hook, but it doesnt stand out much because he doesnt change anything about his voice when speaking it.
Crane Style is creeping up on me the most right now. That beats crazy.
The sequencing of the album is off to me though - I wouldve put Masters Of Our Fate near the beggining, same with The Scroll. Rock N Roll just seems weird as fuck on this album, and putting it right in the middle, makes things even weirder. From The Hills shouldve also been closer to the start of the album. Coming in at track 10 just doesnt make sense for this song.
Ferry Boat Killaz and The Scroll just tell me Rae's next move needs to be an Alc/Ev album. Evidence slow flow would also blend real nice with Rae right now too.
(out of 5)
the scroll is perfect for where it is , at the end.
I voted Superior.
Time will tell if it is considered a classic but it's definately at the higher end of superior.
i can finally cop this shit tomorrow
Has a really smooth flow to the album, very Chef like....listening now and love it.
I voted it to be a banger. Raekwon is a favorite and i'm still stuck on Built 4 Cuban Linx (the purple tape) i think he did real good on "Shaolin v.s. Wu-Tang" but it will never top Cuban Linx!
corky i didn't, it was closed down for me
i voted BANGER
superior..classic shouldnt even be an option at this point imo.
"(the beat on the end of the song is far better than the actual one)"
Yeah that beat reminds me of some old RZA production from like 1997. Similar almost to "Presidential MC"
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one