Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   RZA, Nas, Wyclef, and Mase on MTV (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10883)

Sideoutfox 10-22-2005 08:23 PM

RZA, Nas, Wyclef, and Mase on MTV

This was a while back on either mtv or mtv2. All four of them sat down and were discussing hiphop and their fav mc's, etc (Mase didn't have much to say lmfao). I was just curious if anyone had it and could post it cuz it's a good listen. peace and thx if anyone does.

Art Vandelay 10-22-2005 09:07 PM

Re: RZA, Nas, Wyclef, and Mase on MTV

that was when mtv had "hip-hop week" that shit is funny now because the whole channel is hip-hop. rza was talking about how white mc's will probably be taking shit over soon. this was before eminem or remedy came out. rza also was asked who the greatest mc of all time was, and he said gza... he recently was recalling this in an interview and he said "me, nas, wyclef, and somebody else were on a show" haha, mase is so irrelevant that rza didn't even remember him being on the dais.

crass 10-22-2005 09:12 PM

^^^^lol @ not remembering mase

i would like to see that.

Art Vandelay 10-22-2005 09:15 PM

i think it was on that hour long q&a from san fran a few months ago. somebody posted it here

Sideoutfox 10-22-2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Vandelay
that was when mtv had "hip-hop week" that shit is funny now because the whole channel is hip-hop. rza was talking about how white mc's will probably be taking shit over soon. this was before eminem or remedy came out. rza also was asked who the greatest mc of all time was, and he said gza... he recently was recalling this in an interview and he said "me, nas, wyclef, and somebody else were on a show" haha, mase is so irrelevant that rza didn't even remember him being on the dais.

LOLOLOL!!! good for him. that's how u do it.

Art Vandelay 10-22-2005 09:30 PM

other things i remember about this show....

rza and wyclef mention doing the track "shining star" with SOM and E,W&F

mase said he had a difficult time getting signed becuase of how slow he rhymes.

rza talks about wanting to bang some white singer....i can picture her but can't remember her name.

i think nas said something about biggie and jay-z stealing his and raekwon's style.

i now think that eminem might have been out when this interview happened. i think mase might have called him "the great white hype". then rza said something that one day hip hop will grow so much that white guys will dominate rap. and that they will have their own crews.

baby jesus 10-22-2005 09:32 PM

I Remeber Rza Was Makin The Rest Of Them Just Crack Up The Whole Time Like Hahaha This Dude Is Wild.

crass 10-22-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Vandelay
other things i remember about this show....

rza and wyclef mention doing the track "shining star" with SOM and E,W&F

mase said he had a difficult time getting signed becuase of how slow he rhymes.

rza talks about wanting to bang some white singer....i can picture her but can't remember her name.

i think nas said something about biggie and jay-z stealing his and raekwon's style.

i now think that eminem might have been out when this interview happened. i think mase might have called him "the great white hype". then rza said something that one day hip hop will grow so much that white guys will dominate rap. and that they will have their own crews.

^^^^

deadlymelody 10-22-2005 09:48 PM

Haha do the knowledge RZA wish I would have seen that

Wu-Disciple 10-22-2005 09:51 PM

RZA said som'thin about Ghost fuckin groupies/fans.

Nas explained how a female fan flipped on him at pathmark one time for not signing an orthograph for her friend after he'd already sign hers.

most importanly, at the end of hte show Clef said he would love to work w/ everyone of them and RZA was the only one who really said yeah. i would loooooove to put these two in a studio and see what happens. clef's been was too bad or too pop on that sunz of man album

crass 10-22-2005 09:52 PM

^^^^fuck System Of A Down, If Rza Wants To Use Guitar In A Beat He Should Use Wyclef!!!!

Art Vandelay 10-22-2005 09:58 PM

fuck that, use system

crass 10-22-2005 09:59 PM

No!! No Way!! Never!!!

Create 10-22-2005 10:03 PM

Nope
Carlos Santana !!

crass 10-22-2005 10:04 PM

^^^lol that would be something huh

i think wyclef makes more sense than system cuz he's a producer, MC as well as guitarist. he'd bring ill organic elements to the wu