Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Unreleased United Kingdom(Population Click) Album shelved ... (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109401)

Mesha Stele 07-01-2011 05:34 PM

Unreleased United Kingdom(Population Click) Album shelved ...

It was supposed to be a 'Rza Presents' release with production from Rza, Y-Kim, Goldfinghaz, 4th Disciple, John Da Baptist, Soul David and Daddy Rose. Was supposed to release in the fall of 1997 but Rza put it on the shelf to focus on other Wu albums. We recorded 17 songs, 'The Projects' was one of them before Rza chose to use it on the Wu Forever album. Highlight of the album was the 'Wu Tang vs. Killarmy' song because Sin and Deck go at it for the last 3 mins of the song. Last I heard was that Rza couldn't clear a few samples so he chose to put the project on pause. Also heard Priority didn't support the project too. My brother Salah'udin has an account here so lets hope he know more about it than I do. Peace.

-Mesha.

etze 07-01-2011 10:24 PM

oh shit
never heard of this, noone ever mentioned it
sounds ill

Pattch82 07-02-2011 02:22 AM

Oh shit! This sounds dope as fuck!!! How come this album has never been mentioned before?!

So who actually owns the tracks / has the tracks? Obviously this album is never gunna see an official release now so who ever has the tracks needs to get them online for the good of the Wu! That Wu vs. Killarmy track sounds fuckin nuts!!

Who was actually in United Kingdom / Population Click...?

Someone needs to leak this shit!

Peace!

mAlAkAz 07-02-2011 02:53 AM

United Kingdom was mostly the Brooklyn Wu-fam and i think Population Click was the Staten Island Wu-fam, some songs ended up on the Popa Wu Mixtape like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afTPO5eYsWo

and theres some UK songs on the Buddha Monk mixtapes that chambermusik.com sells

Pattch82 07-02-2011 02:59 AM

I've got that Popa Wu Visions of the 10th Chamber album. So the United Kingdom tracks on there were originally intended for this unreleased album? I'll have to check them out, I've owned that Popa Wu album for years but can't remember last time I heard it!

Peace!

zu fam 07-02-2011 04:34 AM

not getting my hopes up
but sounds dope...

But i swear i read a Timbo king interview and he said United Kingdom was just someting they shout to say they were close or sumthin like that

jsofunky 07-02-2011 05:45 AM

Last Timbo interview i read he said dey wuz no UK projectz yo

Antonelli 07-02-2011 06:58 AM

I don't trust there was a united kingdom album reccorded back in the days !

LordReveal 07-02-2011 11:24 AM

Originally, Population Click was the name of the supergroup consisting of Sunz Of Man, KillArmy, and Royal Fam. If im not mistaken, the track "Wake Up" (recorded around 1996-97) was originally a Population Click song (the first pressings of the vynil were under the name Population Click) but the song eventually ended up on the Killarmy album. As the group grew more and more and added more Wu-fam, they started calling themselves United Kindom.

RADIOACTIVE MAN 07-02-2011 11:36 AM

if this was real,would be mega interesting

wt36 07-02-2011 11:38 AM

thread starter is the same person saying killah priest been suckin off some whiteboy the last 7 years.

AKA an attention whore with no real world attention

josborne3680 07-03-2011 01:36 PM

Yeah in "Wake Up" dont you hear somebody shouting out "Population Click" towards the end? N that "Wu vs Killarmy" would be nuts over a 90s RZA beat but we will never hear that sh!t if its even real. Peace

zu fam 07-04-2011 02:52 AM

Wu-International: What ever happened to the group/movement “United kingdom aka Population Click”?
Timbo King: United Kingdom was all the groups collectively, you know? Just like you have the Wu-Tang Clan, then the Wu-Tang Clan members and then you have the Wu-Tang Killa Bees … that’s why they said “36 Chambers” because it’s different rooms and each room is higher and higher, even from technique to technology so you had to be sharp in every room. So that’s all that is: all upgrades.

Wu-International: How should we try to envision the UK crew? A loose collective or were there ever concrete plans to record something together as a project?
Timbo King: Nah, United Kingdom was just the flag that we were reppin’. So every time we screamed out the name, we was a project, a lot people was looking at it like Wu-Tang like “ Damn, oh word, you coming with an album?” “Nah! Damn, man, what the fuck? Everything ain’t no fucking album and shit! Nah, that’s just some shit we reppin at this time to make us feel all good to that level of writing.

http://www.wu-international.com/misc..._Interview.htm

jsofunky 07-04-2011 04:57 AM

Dude posted dis iz bogus yo. it doesnt look like d got a population clik album. read interview 2. wish dey wuz 1 or a population clik album but it dont exist yo

oldie 07-04-2011 02:14 PM

i always wondered where material from that group was, bogus or not,, it sounds as though it would be a ncie album!