Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Natural/Major Events (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110320)

soul controller 08-06-2011 08:35 AM

Natural/Major Events

theirs been so much happening in the world this year,.

this is a thread of current world events,. to do with nature/the solar system/global events,. using data provided by govt and scientific sites (check the knowledge thread)

soul controller 08-07-2011 04:30 AM

this CME/Solar flare, that was / is earth directed,. is fucking immense.. check the pressure levels.

Ron Paul 2012 08-07-2011 10:55 AM

yeah shits pretty fucked, allot of activate. you know you can say thank you for me teaching you how to embed. I kinda get the felling maybe my superstitions are right.

V4D3R 08-07-2011 11:55 AM

I smell Niburu.

cutn' heads 08-08-2011 07:09 AM

maybe these things happen all the time and we just have better technology to track it.

soul controller 08-08-2011 11:09 PM

a year ago, these events wasnt happening at this magnitude,., i think a lot has to do with comet elenin, which nasa have classified now as a cluster :S,. anyone remember what hale bopp did in 2007? elenin will be a lot closer to earth...

STEREO-B test roll July 22nd, 2011 | Author: Leonid Elenin Less than an hour, the spacecraft STEREO-B will start a scheduled, test of 135 degree roll. The maneuver takes place from 12-14 UT. Posted in News | Tags: C/2010 X1 (Elenin), Comet, Comet Elenin, STEREO, Комета, Комета Еленина
“Jul 31 – Aug 12 Stereo Behind: rolls to observe comet Elenin” July 11th, 2011 | Author: Leonid Elenin The SECCHI team requests to roll the Behind spacecraft by 135 degrees for two hours per day each day between Aug 1 (or late on Sep 31) and Aug 12 to observe comet Elenin as it flies within 0.05 AU of the spacecraft. Observations of the comet at a wide variety of phase angles will provide information about composition. There’s also a possibility that the in situ instruments on Behind will see the ion tail. The requested two hours per day will include the roll and settle times, with the roll starting on an even hour boundary, and then back to nominal roll and settled on the next even hour boundary. A more detailed plan will be sent to APL (Applied Physics Laboratory of Johns Hopkins University). The test of the roll maneuver to observe Comet Elenin from Behind is expected to be scheduled sometime in week 29 (July 18-24). stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
The first calculated orbits for Comet Elenin suggested it would remain a distant object, however it soon became clear that it was traveling on a remarkably low-inclination orbit (1.8 degrees) that would carry it quite close to both the sun and the earth. Furthermore, the geometry for forward scattering of sunlight — and thus an accompanying brightness enhancement — is quite favorable around that time. All this has led to a realization that Comet Elenin possesses at least the potential to become a relatively bright object — conceivably even a “Great Comet” — for a brief period of time around perihelion passage and its closest approach to Earth.

And louis, nopeys sorry, i built a new p.c, thats using internet explorer :s i feel dumb, using IE :/

soul controller 08-09-2011 06:53 AM

Frank Sobotka 08-09-2011 10:23 AM

Inb4 apocalypse discussion.

soul controller 08-09-2011 10:57 AM

that can be done in other threads, this is just the so called scientific facts, on occuring events,

if you was to check http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

you can see theirs many 'apocalypse' type events in the offing...

just checking the volcanic eruptions the last day and half, theirs 5 super volcano's showing signs of activity, that last erupted 26.500, 70.000, 254.000, 640.000 and 2.1 million years ago..

but this thread is not about conjecture. or end of the world shit.. ( i personally dont buy into it)

if you got input, come with a scientificly valid theory..

peace.

soul controller 08-09-2011 12:04 PM

last month nasa stated that they had made a huge discovery on solar flares/CME's, lol the article was a joke... they said the current sun cycle, was not as strong as they expected, and that the sun was going to go into a mini ice age.. or we was going to go into a mini ice age ...

i said at the time that was impossible, as the sun had been going hyper, releasing 3 huge CME's in 3 days and heading into a solar maximum.. so a month on,, and space.com is saying...

Sun Unleashes Largest Solar Flare in Years

by Clara Moskowitz, SPACE.com Senior Writer
Date: 09 August 2011 Time: 10:52 AM ET

http://i.space.com/images/i/11446/i0...jpg?1312907818This still from a video taken by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory shows the Aug. 8, 2011 solar flare as it appeared in the ultraviolet range of the light spectrum. The flare registered as an X6.9 class sun storm, the largest of the Solar Cycle 24.
CREDIT: NASA/SDO/GSFC
View full size image
An extremely powerful solar flare, the largest in over four years, rocked the sun early Tuesday (Aug. 9), but is unlikely to wreak any serious havoc here on Earth, scientists say.
"It was a big flare," said Joe Kunches, a space scientist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)'s Space Weather Prediction Center. "We lucked out because the site of the eruption at the sun was not facing the Earth, so we will probably feel no ill effects."
Today's solar flare began at 3:48 a.m. EDT (0748 GMT), and was rated a class X6.9 on the three-class scale scientists use to measure the strength of solar flares. The strongest type of solar eruption is class X, while class C represents the weakest and class M flares are medium-strength events. [Video: Aug. 9 Solar Flare Briefly Knocks Out HF Radio]

The flare is the largest one yet in the sun's current cycle, which began in 2008 and is expected to last until around 2020. Solar activity waxes and wanes over an 11-year sun weather cycle, with the star currently heading toward a solar maximum in 2013.
"This flare had a GOES X-ray magnitude of X6.9, meaning it was more than 3 times larger than the previous largest flare of this solar cycle - the X2.2 that occurred on Feb 15, 2011," scientists with NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, a space observatory that monitors the sun, wrote in an update.
Before the Feb. 15 storm, the largest recent solar flare occurred in December 2006, when an X9-class solar storm erupted from the sun.

Solar flares occur when magnetic field lines on the sun get tangled up into knots, building potential energy until they reach a tipping point. Then, that energy is converted into heat, light and the motion of charged particles.
While all X-class solar eruptions are major events, they pose the greatest threat to Earth when they are aimed directly at the planet. During those events the sun often releases a cloud of plasma called a coronal mass ejection into space, and sometimes toward Earth. This ejection hurls charged particles that can damage satellites, endanger astronauts in orbit, and interfere with power systems, communications and other infrastructure on the planet.
http://i.space.com/images/i/11443/i0...jpg?1312901771

Today's solar flare, and resulting coronal mass ejection (CME) was not aimed at us, however. [Anatomy of Sun Storms & Solar Flares (Infographic)]
"Because of its position the CME is going to shoot out into space and not be Earth-directed, and we don’t expect any big geomagnetic storm with this," Kunches told SPACE.com. "We did luck out. If this would have happened a week ago, who knows?"
However, some VLF and HF radio communications blackouts have been reported, according to Spaceweather.com, a website that monitors space weather events.
Whatever particles do head our way should reach us in a few days.
"The cloud will probably miss Earth," SpaceWeather.com wrote. "At this time, however, we cannot rule out a glancing blow from the flank of the CME on or about August 11th."
The plus side of such a collision is often unusually spectacular auroras, or Northern and Southern Lights, which occur when charged particles interact with Earth's magnetic field.
You can follow SPACE.com senior writer Clara Moskowitz on Twitter @ClaraMoskowitz. Follow SPACE.com for the latest in space science and exploration news on Twitter @Spacedotcom and on Facebook.

soul controller 08-11-2011 08:35 AM

soul controller 08-13-2011 07:07 AM

i think nasa are lying again,.
im pretty sure their checking Elenin out the times this interferance happens..

Fatal Guillotine 08-15-2011 09:40 AM

nice thread

soul controller 08-15-2011 11:12 AM

soul controller 08-16-2011 08:36 PM