Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   DOOM! speaks! (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112366)

UNCLE RUCKUS 11-05-2011 08:14 PM

DOOM! speaks!

http://vimeo.com/31521253http://www.blogcdn.com/www.theboombo...200-091609.jpg

As some of you may or may not know, ego trip’s own Chairman Mao has been out in Madrid these past two weeks with the Red Bull Music Academy
– hosting lectures, penning the occasional article for the RBMA website, hosting radio shows and gigging, and whatever else happens to come up. His latest act of content generating business is newly uploaded for your viewing pleasure: an in-depth, hour-and-a-half public conversation with that masked man of rap mystery, MF Doom. Bear witness as Doom discusses the early ’80s episodes of Afrika Islam’s “Zulu Beats” radio shows on WHBI, which would provide the inspiration for his signature audio collages. Listen as he explains the defining characteristics of his plethora of performance personas (Zev Love X, Doom, Viktor Vaughn, King Ghidra). Marvel as he dissects the makings of classic recordings such as KMD’s Mr. Hood and Black Bastards, Operation: Doomsday, and his essential collab with Madlib, Madvillain’s Madvillainy. Mystery, science, and theater – all in abundance when this Supervillain s

laolu 11-05-2011 10:54 PM

Dope

whitey 11-06-2011 06:39 AM

what did he say. i dont watch vids. waste of my life. just give me the two second summary.

UNCLE RUCKUS 11-06-2011 06:42 AM

he basically broke down his entire career from pre-KMD to now its an hour and a half interview not a waste of time honestly some dope stories and insight

whitey 11-06-2011 06:46 AM

true. but i prefer articles i can just skim through to the interesting/pertinent parts. not really plausible with videos, especially one an hour and a half long.

i was hoping he was saying something about doom/starks.

UNCLE RUCKUS 11-06-2011 07:02 AM

he answered every ? no one asked about DOOMStarks but he did say he's prety much done with his part of Madvillainy2 that Mablib just has to put some more work in. no mention of Ghostdoom tho

whitey 11-06-2011 08:20 AM

word word. thanks bruh.

INF 11-07-2011 01:26 AM

EXCELLENT interview with the Villain. Nice set timeline set up and everything big up to dj babu for asking dope shit.

WHHHHYYYYYY didn't anybody in the audience ask about mr.fantastik???!!! lmao I woulda asked about dude after dude asked about the chick who sang them hooks

does anybody have a download link of the video? I cant get it off youtube cuz its not in full. I dont know how to dl vemo

djskillz 11-07-2011 01:29 AM

checkin this out now.

claaa7 11-07-2011 03:59 AM

i usually not that much into checking out long video interviews as i too prefer skimming through text interviews where i can spot what i want to know. these Red Bull interviews that's been dropping this year has been aboslutely fantastic though, i haven't heard DOOM speak that many times before and this was extremely informative... also the Wu and Black Moon interviews were crazy but this one gets the cake imo

ShaDynasty 11-07-2011 07:27 AM

The main thing I get from it is daniel is just a regular guy, gotten wiser by his years and his mask is mainly for fun, although lol if i had to adjust it all the time like he does I'd consider giving it up.

He kind of hints that he might when he say Zev Luv is still around.

angry! 11-07-2011 11:51 AM

in all honesty one of the best interviews ever...

DOOM is a genius....

also, that might be the illest STALL technique ever....

question....

PAUSE....

HOLD....

ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOOM killed the interviewer with that... got him thinking he asked some stupid shit, every question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the way DOOM reintroduced himself to music... will allow him to work forever....

he can drop album 20 years from now if he feels like it... the greats dont have a shot clock....

the audience was weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i gotta assume hes gearing up to drop a wave of material....

this is the definitive MF DOOM story.... well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNCLE RUCKUS 11-07-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry! (Post 2167415)
in all honesty one of the best interviews ever...

DOOM is a genius....

also, that might be the illest STALL technique ever....

question....

PAUSE....

HOLD....

ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOOM killed the interviewer with that... got him thinking he asked some stupid shit, every question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the way DOOM reintroduced himself to music... will allow him to work forever....

he can drop album 20 years from now if he feels like it... the greats dont have a shot clock....

the audience was weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i gotta assume hes gearing up to drop a wave of material....

this is the definitive MF DOOM story.... well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\
Yeah I think hes gonna unload a bunch of albums next year out of nowhere!

Yo Inf! that was Chairman Mao from EgoTrip/xxl that did the interview not Babu lol
peace

food for thought 11-07-2011 01:00 PM

loved the interview.

thanks for posting

time to put the doom albums back on spin.

fonzarelli 11-07-2011 06:05 PM

good shit yo