Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When you dip into the catalog..... (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113870)

buckshotstheone 01-23-2012 11:08 AM

When you dip into the catalog.....
 
Every winter I find myself bumping Wu albums for a month or two while newer hip hop takes some time off (usually Jan-March there are no real new releases to speak of) and typically I go through the first 7 discs, the other day I was bumping Ironman all day.

However I also found myself going back through Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang and I was wondering........since they've been around for so long, does anyone else find themselves curious to go back to the newer albums like Made in Brooklyn or Fishscale or Dopium, maybe the Chamber Music/Legendary Weapons albums?

I've always just gone right back to the original 7 but since their catalog has gotten so huge at this point I'm thinking it's about time to give the newer releases some additional spins.


Thoughts?

Taskmaster2112 01-23-2012 01:15 PM

I still listen to "Chamber Music", "No Said Date", "Fishscale", "Dopium", "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2". "Pro Tools" and "Grandmasters" fairly regularly.

Meta4 01-23-2012 01:34 PM

Fishscale was in my stereo for the past few days along with rotating Rae's Vatican tapes. Grandmasters is GZA's 2nd classic, both the regular and instrumental version get played A LOT.

JASPER BEARDLY 01-23-2012 01:43 PM

I like Beneath the Surface more but Grandmasters is really dope\\Fishscale, No Sid Date, Linx 2 are all real dope

tical 421, chamber music as well

THUGNIFICENT 01-23-2012 02:07 PM

i like combining chamber music into one album on my ipod, and i listen to that frequently. when i'm having wu months like you said, i usually find myself listening to more fish, tical 2000, the movement, and a bunch of other duds looking for sleeper tracks. going through the deep cuts you can find some fire

TAURO 01-23-2012 02:48 PM

I bump a lot of the more recent releases, quite a lot actually.

8 01-23-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckshotstheone (Post 2188134)
Every winter I find myself bumping Wu albums for a month or two while newer hip hop takes some time off (usually Jan-March there are no real new releases to speak of) and typically I go through the first 7 discs, the other day I was bumping Ironman all day.

However I also found myself going back through Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang and I was wondering........since they've been around for so long, does anyone else find themselves curious to go back to the newer albums like Made in Brooklyn or Fishscale or Dopium, maybe the Chamber Music/Legendary Weapons albums?

I've always just gone right back to the original 7 but since their catalog has gotten so huge at this point I'm thinking it's about time to give the newer releases some additional spins.


Thoughts?

Huge..., like... this huge?
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFil...6/80700345.jpg

ShaDynasty 01-23-2012 08:48 PM

...more 'hilarious' posts

anyway, when i get bored i usually go back to cuban linx or dirty version. i played cl2 and 8 diagrams recently. 8 diagrams is good if you make it the best 8 songs. most of this shit just comes up on my mp3 player on shuffle like i listened to this the other day, pretty much forgot about it.



probably stick to the older stuff

Crown Fried Patron 01-24-2012 12:49 AM

I still listen to Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, OB4CL2, Apollo Kids, Fishscale.

Chris Stylez 01-24-2012 06:31 AM

well i have to listen to kinda newer shit. everything i owned before 1999 is in the attic of my old apartment lol. all i have here is odb's 1st album. i was just listening to black out 2 for a week or so. before that i had made in brooklyn in the car for about a month.

claaa7 01-24-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threyev (Post 2188191)
i like combining chamber music into one album on my ipod, and i listen to that frequently. when i'm having wu months like you said, i usually find myself listening to more fish, tical 2000, the movement, and a bunch of other duds looking for sleeper tracks. going through the deep cuts you can find some fire

"Chamber Music" is already an album, i usually bump it all the way through only i take off all the skits except the intro and the one with the Shaolin flick samples before "Ill Figures" - "Redemption" or what it's called. or do you mean that you combine "Chamber Music" with the best of "Legendary Weapons"?? good idea if that's the case, i really need to try that - that should be great cuz much of them sound like one project.

a similiar thing i do is that i combine the two "Afro Samurai" soundtracks into an 18 track album and that way it's pretty damn mindblowing. i use the 7 emcee tracks on volume 1 (not counting the bonus songs) and then the 10 or 11 songs i really like on volume II. that shit is insane, you should try it.

to answer OP's question. it depends, sometimes i get a Wu period where i basically only listen to the first round of solos, "36 Chambers" and "Wu Forever". other times i almost exclusively listen to the second round of solos + "The W" and "Iron Flag". and sometimes i listen to alot of Ghost.. this all goes in period, i haven't listened much to Wu the last months now. there's a few in the catalouge that i don't think i listen to once a year, maybe not even every other year - stuff like "Wizard Of Poetry", "Pro Tools", "Digi Snacks", all Inspectah Deck albums except his debut.

Sparrow Daene 01-24-2012 07:39 AM

I've been listening to Cuban Linx II since 2009 and I'm still into it. Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang and Apollo Kids are great.

Recently I've been listening to 8 Diagrams nonstop with the two compilation albums Chamber Music and Legendary Weapons. Legendary Weapons is completely underrated. I slept on it when it was released, but "Diesel Fluid", "Drunk Tongue" and all that? Come on now! Even the beats on the interludes are nice. (Kind of like the beat at the end of "Rich & Black" why the fuck isn't anybody rhyming on that???) That album is the better of the two Fizzy Womack/Revelations compilations I think. Chamber Music has only 7-8 actual songs on it, right?

Where is Killah Priest's album? I'm thinking that's gonna be his 3rd classic. He's taking his time on it, which is a good thing. (CL2) Remember how long he took to make Heavy Mental? He postponed working on it so he could study and do some extra research etc.

buckshotstheone 01-24-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Stylez (Post 2188385)
well i have to listen to kinda newer shit. everything i owned before 1999 is in the attic of my old apartment lol. all i have here is odb's 1st album. i was just listening to black out 2 for a week or so. before that i had made in brooklyn in the car for about a month.

I feel like Made in Brooklyn was highly underrated. Such a great record from start to finish

kurupt_kw 01-24-2012 11:34 AM

I normally go back to the classics but last week I went back to Legendary Weapons. I liked it before but now I'm loving it.

I plan to go back and give some of the other newer albums play to see what else grows on me.

Don Universo 01-24-2012 12:31 PM

I listen to Wu in the car all year around. Last week was No Said Date and for the past couple days it's been 8Diagrams.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one