Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wu-Tang Chamber (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wasted RZA Beats (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114069)

Sparrow Daene 02-02-2012 07:02 PM

Wasted RZA Beats

After reading that RZA emptied out his beat machines and gave Nas, Busta Rhymes, Talib Kweli 10 older (you know what that means, GOOD) beats each and Kanye West another 20 because "Wu-Tang didn't want them", I threw up everywhere then realized this is nothing new. Wu-Tang only occasionally know what their strengths are, which is at the same time what their fans want. A lot of really dope RZA beats (beats only RZA could've made) have been either given to really wack rappers, put on compilations and are therefore largely ignored, or put on solo albums when they would have been much better served as Wu-Tang Clan songs.

For example:

"The Sting" Intro
"Cameo Afro"
"Just A Lil Dude"
"Certified Samurai"
"Out Think Me Now"
"Duc Lo"
"The Glock" (who from New York was saying 'bout it 'bout it in 2001???)
"The Weeping Tiger" (this was supposed to be on 8 Diagrams!)
"Dark Fantasy" (originally meant for Wu-Tang)
That beat that was left off "The W" LP - Wu nerds know the one.
"Break Bread"
"Booby Trap"
"You Can't Stop Me Now" (also meant for 8 Diagrams)
"The Grindz"
"New Producers"
"They"
"Chi Kung"
"In The Hood" Intro ("Tie ya shoe, bitch!" ?!?!??)
"Shaolin Finger Jab"
"This Thing" (because it's unreleased)
"State of Grace" (for the same reason)
"The Grunge"
"Spit That G"

At one point, he said that "60% of Cuban Linx 2" was done on his MV8000. That's not including whatever else he did for that album.

Not saying all these songs are bad, but together on an album with all Wu-Tang spitting on them, there'd be a lot less complaining Wu fans.

I don't mind Nas having them at all, by the way. The reason he gave them away for free was because he figured no one wanted them in Wu-Tang and because he just directed a film, so OF COURSE that's what he's going to be doing from now on. Riiight. Marty Scorsese, over here. Also, he's busy making bullshit like that new Black Knights and all that Stone Mecca-sounding shit. No one wants to hear that shit though.

There are a lot more I can't remember now. Like some shit he did for Freemurda. What else?

LoTec 02-02-2012 09:13 PM

I want to hear Black Knights and Stone Mecca

billo 02-03-2012 05:06 AM

Black Knights are sick.

claaa7 02-03-2012 05:51 AM

where did you hear that "Dark Fantasy" was meant for Wu-Tang? i never heard them speak directly on it, but from the reports on the work situation it sounded like that was created in place at the sessions.

i really prefer "Thug World" to "Unpredictable", although i can dig both. but the former are much better suited as a Wu-Tang song. RZA should've known that after fans waited for 6 years, they don't want too much experimental stuff but that raw, classic sound that made them fans in the first place. still "8 Diagrams" actually was a very Wu sounding LP.

RagnaroK 02-03-2012 06:22 AM

I think the greatest beat ever wasted is the intro of Iron Flag, before "In the Hood" starts. That song definitely was the best beat on the whole album, and I find it a little insulting that we only got just 40 seconds of it. The same thing happened with "The W" but at the very least it was released as a bonus on Iron Flag. One that you didn't mention is MC Conditioner. I never liked the first part, but when the beat changes and GZA starts to spit the beat gets crazy. I wished that part of the beat would've been for the entire song instead.

claaa7 02-03-2012 08:10 AM

^ good point about the outro to "Conditioner", that's definitely a classic RZA beat that probably even was recorded as a full song. i believe Deck had a verse on that too... it's pretty cool the way it is now with just a super dope interlude out of nowhere

Creepshow 02-03-2012 08:24 AM

Shaolin Finger Jab was always dope and the Conditioner outro is just sick.

Don Universo 02-03-2012 10:25 AM

That "conditioner outro" which I call a hidden bonus track was possibly the dopest shit on that album. I also like the "hood rat" hidden track on birth of a price album. That was another classic rza beat.

BronzearmzNYC 02-03-2012 11:04 AM

Which beat was left off of "The W"?

RagnaroK 02-03-2012 11:35 AM

I think he meant either The W or Shoalin Finger Jab.

LoTec 02-03-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Universo (Post 2191395)
That "conditioner outro" which I call a hidden bonus track was possibly the dopest shit on that album. I also like the "hood rat" hidden track on birth of a price album. That was another classic rza beat.

Yeah hood rat is dope Id love to hear the full version of that, if it exists

Punch 02-03-2012 03:36 PM

I separated Conditioner from the GZA song at the end, I call it "GZA Break".

Jin10304 02-03-2012 05:27 PM

"where did you hear that "Dark Fantasy" was meant for Wu-Tang? i never heard them speak directly on it, but from the reports on the work situation it sounded like that was created in place at the sessions."

Yup, Kanye invited all the producers he wanted on Fantasy to Hawaii. RZA produced a couple tracks for him, he just didnt know WHICH ones were going to be used. In fact 'New Day' was a Fantasy left-over

UNCLE RUCKUS 02-03-2012 05:39 PM

what was "They" from?

spiggity_ace 02-03-2012 10:44 PM

y'd u bold duc lo, thats a dope song