Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sharia Law used in a case in Pennsylvania involving a zombie costume? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114542)

check two 02-25-2012 11:55 PM

Sharia Law used in a case in Pennsylvania involving a zombie costume?

This judge should be fired. If it was a Christian dude that got beat up, the crazy christian fanatics would be up in arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Penn Judge: Muslims Allowed to Attack People for Insulting Mohammad

COMMENTARY | Jonathon Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, reports on a disturbing case in which a state judge in Pennsylvania threw out an assault case involving a Muslim attacking an atheist for insulting the Prophet Muhammad.

Judge Mark Martin, an Iraq war veteran and a convert to Islam, threw the case out in what appears to be an invocation of Sharia law.

The incident occurred at the Mechanicsburg, Pa., Halloween parade where Ernie Perce, an atheist activist, marched as a zombie Muhammad. Talaag Elbayomy, a Muslim, attacked Perce, and he was arrested by police.

Judge Martin threw the case out on the grounds that Elbayomy was obligated to attack Perce because of his culture and religion. Judge Martin stated that the First Amendment of the Constitution does not permit people to provoke other people. He also called Perce, the plaintiff in the case, a "doofus." In effect, Perce was the perpetrator of the assault, in Judge Martin's view, and Elbayomy the innocent. The Sharia law that the Muslim attacker followed trumped the First Amendment.

Words almost fail.

The Washington Post recently reported on an appeals court decision to maintain an injunction to stop the implementation of an amendment to the Oklahoma state constitution that bans the use of Sharia law in state courts. The excuse the court gave was that there was no documented case of Sharia law being invoked in an American court. Judge Martin would seem to have provided that example, which should provide fodder for the argument as the case goes through the federal courts.

The text of the First Amendment could not be clearer. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof-" It does not say "unless somebody, especially a Muslim, is angered." Indeed Judge Martin specifically decided to respect the establishment of a religion, in this case Islam.

That Judge Martin should be removed from the bench and severely sanctioned goes almost without saying. He clearly had no business hearing the case in the first place, since he seems to carry an emotional bias. He also needs to retake a constitutional law course. Otherwise, a real can of worms has been opened up, permitting violence against people exercising free speech.

-http://news.yahoo.com/penn-judge-muslims-allowed-attack-people-insulting-mohammad-210000330.html

Art Vandelay 02-26-2012 12:11 AM

check 2, are you familiar with scranton/wilkes-barre. i'm going to be there for a few days this week and i need some shit to do. there are no scranton/wilkes-barre penguin games this week and i'm going to be working during the day so i won't have time for a tour of yuengling brewery. what else is there to do?

EAGLE EYE 02-26-2012 01:01 AM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rmid=head_main

june181972 02-26-2012 09:06 AM

Legally, this sets a very dangerous precedent

On the basic man to man level, that passive aggressive cornball deserved an ass whoopin' for being passive aggressive

diggy 02-26-2012 05:57 PM

can't say I feel sorry for any of em.

:{

check two 02-26-2012 06:02 PM

If a person gets so angry over a halloween costume, they definitely have some problems.

check two 02-26-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Vandelay (Post 2198609)
check 2, are you familiar with scranton/wilkes-barre. i'm going to be there for a few days this week and i need some shit to do. there are no scranton/wilkes-barre penguin games this week and i'm going to be working during the day so i won't have time for a tour of yuengling brewery. what else is there to do?

I'm not that familiar with the area. Do you like skiing? I think there is a ski resort there. The Yankees have a minor league affiliate there, but obviously that's too early for them to be playing yet. There is a strip club called:

Gentlemens Club 10
205 Mundy St, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania

And you wouldn't be that far from places like Allentown, you could hang out there.

Mr. R&B 02-26-2012 06:44 PM

I didn't know that theheavens is a judge.

Guess you really do learn something new everyday. :learning:

theheavens 02-26-2012 07:31 PM

after all the Islamaphobia post-9/11, I'm sure these Yankees can handle a little of their own medicine for a change

check two 02-27-2012 01:12 AM

Yankees? you sound like a pop drinking hee haw southerner

check two 02-27-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Conner (Post 2198746)
I didn't know that theheavens is a judge.

Guess you really do learn something new everyday. :learning:

haha

NIGHT MAYOR 02-27-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by check two (Post 2198794)
Yankees? you sound like a pop drinking hee haw southerner

aussies use the word yanks alot.

check two 02-27-2012 01:21 AM

yeah but he's from the US lol

NIGHT MAYOR 02-27-2012 02:10 AM

oh yeah i absolutely agree, what i was getting at is douth south hicks and australias aint - that - much - different

back on topic - fucked up shit realy, but im sure the christians have gotten away with alot worse. there should be a seperation of law and religion. swearing on a bible ? you think athiests give a shit about that. im agnostic and i dont believe in the bible - but the whole swear to god thing would shake me a little.

theheavens 02-27-2012 09:09 PM

"Yankee" is the official derogatory term for all white America, redneck or not. "Mayflower Yankee" is even better