Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Hostility Between Different Beliefs. (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116689)

Big Smokes 06-11-2012 05:06 PM

The Hostility Between Different Beliefs.

I see this all the time where I live and even here on the forums. Why do people discussing their religious beliefs always talk shit or be rude to the other person if they have a different view?

I always see Atheists ripping on Christians for their beliefs and because a huge majority of the religion does not understand Islam and talks trash about it. Don't the atheists recognize that they are doing the same thing and stooping to their level?

Just because you follow the "one true god" or your beliefs make more sense "logically" does not give you a reason to demean others for something they want to believe in.

When people say something like, "If there wasn't any religions the world would be in peace and realize everyone is one." No they won't, if they can't realize it now the lack of religion would not help them because they would just find something else to make themselves separate from others. Whether that is a favorite television show cult or people worshipping an animal.

Ripping on a religion because of their views is like talking shit to a homosexual because they enjoy a different sexual organ than you.

The first step in achieving world peace as so many people want is to accept others no matter how different their beliefs are than yours.

PALEFORCE 06-11-2012 05:12 PM

I think people in general have become more hateful and spiteful over the years regardless of right or wrong. People today promote and celebrate ...the lower virtues of man ...I cant think of the right words but hope that conveys my point.

alot of people feel unfulfilled and disenfranchised and misery loves company....

Big Smokes 06-11-2012 05:18 PM

i feel where you come from its about that time friend

Big Smokes 07-18-2012 09:07 AM

what would it take for everyone to be on once accord?

D.projectile 07-19-2012 06:43 PM

fearlessness,humility n understanding

LORD NOSE 07-19-2012 08:52 PM

they fight because they don't know shit and what they believe in, causes them to be afraid - and those who just want to be at peace in life are bombarded with other peoples fears and subject to abuse in the work place and out and about

Prince Rai 07-20-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS (Post 2248300)
they fight because they don't know shit and what they believe in, causes them to be afraid - and those who just want to be at peace in life are bombarded with other peoples fears and subject to abuse in the work place and out and about

+1

and also ... "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" Stephen Hawking

It's sad to see the world like this but it is what it is. Either you become stronger and rise above it, or you just cry in the corner of your room.

Change is coming, be prepared. Don't let truth encompassed with knowledge hurt you, embrace it - fusion.

diggy 07-20-2012 10:09 PM

Just because a being walks upright like a human does not mean they are an upright human. What if some look like humans but have animal natures? And what if those of us who have cultured our humanity find it hard to live amongst those other humans?

EAGLE EYE 07-20-2012 11:03 PM

A pretty recent study using MRI scans compared and contrasted the brain structures of people with different political views. Liberals and Republicans have entirely different architectures of their brains.

LORD NOSE 07-20-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMJ (Post 2248651)
Just because a being walks upright like a human does not mean they are an upright human. What if some look like humans but have animal natures? And what if those of us who have cultured our humanity find it hard to live amongst those other humans?

Matthew 25:31-46
New International Version (NIV)
The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Shadow Demon 07-21-2012 08:53 AM

People will find any excuse to bash each other

Religion is one of the best and most convenient ways to do so.

I cant stand religious/atheist/agnostic bigots

and I'm religious

LORD NOSE 08-14-2012 10:42 AM

it's the fear caused when you stand on something you believe

you believe it's firm ground
however, this uncertainty causes fear

you can believe what you want, but until you find out for sure that what you believe in is true, you'll always be shaky - whether you see yourself as shaky or not -

Urban_Journalz 08-16-2012 12:03 PM

Smokes, it's like this,

The majority of people in most Abrahamic religions have no idea what the essence, ESSENCE, of the teachings are. Most are just determined to tell other people what they believe is right and wrong. So you have a clash of egos and opinions. I used to BE one of those people who fit this bill. There's an old principle though and it's laid down in a few texts, Abrahamic and otherwise, that simply states, "Live and let live." You could look at the principle of The Yin and Yang, greatly misunderstood by many, that teaches, all things exist within their opposites and all seasons have their rise and fall. It's a never-ending ebb and flow. True harmony lies in riding the wave, not resisting it. Does this mean go along with whatever comes along? Of course not, more like never forgetting who YOU are in the midst of the madness.

You'll see a lot of arrogance, false prophets, doomsday sayers, saviors and all around morons who wear the guise of wisdom and rightesousness, but if you know what to look for, what to feel for even, you'll know who's who and let them be. All of us are here for a reason, even the douchebags. I think the most beneficial interpretation of Jesus' (upon whom be Peace) saying, "Love thy enemy" is this; Without an enemy, an opposing force to test you, to rouse you, you never know your full capabilities. Not just in attack and defense, but in patience and perseverance. Tolerance. Etc.

It's like Wesley Snipes' character Simon Phoenix said in Demolition Man, "You can't take away people's right to be assholes." Learn to accept it and do you. Sometimes I'll respond to a thread and forget all about it. Why? Because I've said my piece and there's no need to continue further. I don't waste time in petty spats with people who will most likely be just as dumb after I finish speaking as they were before I started. That taxes energy and energy is VITAL to life itself. So is your state of mind. All of these things directly affect one's health. Imagine the inner physical and spiritual turmoil of someone who continuously returns to a disagreement just for the sake of proving a point! Much less the ones who do it because they ENJOY it!

If you see something that you think should be addressed, by all means son, address it. But let that be it. Leave your mark and forget you left it. But let your intention be to make the best mark possible. Study T'ai Chi principle. Even if you never study the actual art, study the principles. More than just an exercise, the reason why this particular style is so powerful, is because it takes what is already given and simply makes a very soft change in the circumstances. A palm will always be more effective than a fist, simply because it moves faster and the motion is more fluid. Take that with you b.

Finally, the people who will make it their business to seek you out for no other reason than to be a pain, first, appreciate the fact that you're obviously important and effective. Being anyone's opponent for what you percieve to be no reason, means that you're important enough to be attacked. Second, remember the principles stated above. Usually, the best way to take care of those mosquitos is to ignore them or smash them. Smashing them would be, in the case of the forum, saying what you have to say and dropping it. Letting them know that A: Unlike them, you're not a slave to your ego and B: They're not important enough for you to look into their responses.

Peace.

LORD NOSE 08-16-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz (Post 2256315)
Smokes, it's like this,

The majority of people in most Abrahamic religions have no idea what the essence, ESSENCE, of the teachings are. Most are just determined to tell other people what they believe is right and wrong. So you have a clash of egos and opinions. I used to BE one of those people who fit this bill. There's an old principle though and it's laid down in a few texts, Abrahamic and otherwise, that simply states, "Live and let live." You could look at the principle of The Yin and Yang, greatly misunderstood by many, that teaches, all things exist within their opposites and all seasons have their rise and fall. It's a never-ending ebb and flow. True harmony lies in riding the wave, not resisting it. Does this mean go along with whatever comes along? Of course not, more like never forgetting who YOU are in the midst of the madness.

You'll see a lot of arrogance, false prophets, doomsday sayers, saviors and all around morons who wear the guise of wisdom and rightesousness, but if you know what to look for, what to feel for even, you'll know who's who and let them be. All of us are here for a reason, even the douchebags. I think the most beneficial interpretation of Jesus' (upon whom be Peace) saying, "Love thy enemy" is this; Without an enemy, an opposing force to test you, to rouse you, you never know your full capabilities. Not just in attack and defense, but in patience and perseverance. Tolerance. Etc.

It's like Wesley Snipes' character Simon Phoenix said in Demolition Man, "You can't take away people's right to be assholes." Learn to accept it and do you. Sometimes I'll respond to a thread and forget all about it. Why? Because I've said my piece and there's no need to continue further. I don't waste time in petty spats with people who will most likely be just as dumb after I finish speaking as they were before I started. That taxes energy and energy is VITAL to life itself. So is your state of mind. All of these things directly affect one's health. Imagine the inner physical and spiritual turmoil of someone who continuously returns to a disagreement just for the sake of proving a point! Much less the ones who do it because they ENJOY it!

If you see something that you think should be addressed, by all means son, address it. But let that be it. Leave your mark and forget you left it. But let your intention be to make the best mark possible. Study T'ai Chi principle. Even if you never study the actual art, study the principles. More than just an exercise, the reason why this particular style is so powerful, is because it takes what is already given and simply makes a very soft change in the circumstances. A palm will always be more effective than a fist, simply because it moves faster and the motion is more fluid. Take that with you b.

Finally, the people who will make it their business to seek you out for no other reason than to be a pain, first, appreciate the fact that you're obviously important and effective. Being anyone's opponent for what you percieve to be no reason, means that you're important enough to be attacked. Second, remember the principles stated above. Usually, the best way to take care of those mosquitos is to ignore them or smash them. Smashing them would be, in the case of the forum, saying what you have to say and dropping it. Letting them know that A: Unlike them, you're not a slave to your ego and B: They're not important enough for you to look into their responses.

Peace.

know it alls should be in that highlighted section -

your words are condescending and discouraging as usual

it's full of hostility and frustration - but that is alright with those of us who can learn from anyone and find jewels in a pile of shit if needed - lol -

allot of the hostility comes from feeling misunderstood
it's forced expression and wanting others to fully see it your way - when they resist, they'll be called all types of assholes and morons - but an moronic asshole is one who tries to force others to see it his way instead of being at peace with others progress in life -

i can always see myself in an asshole (pun Intended) when they are agitated and begin shittin on everyone around them - it makes me want to not be that way and causes me to look at my self and my delivery better -

the hostility also comes with not being honest with yourself about yourself

V4D3R 08-16-2012 02:27 PM

Greetings & Salutations

That's right - all of you. You're ALL right!

Now, I'm going to go enjoy my freedom and remainder of my life and hopefully forget I ever set eyes and opened my ears to all these different minds here as much as its been a pleasure...I bid you farewell.