Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New Judge Dredd Movie (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116825)

KERZO 06-16-2012 05:13 PM

New Judge Dredd Movie

I know most of you will already know about this but it's worth mentioning in case you don't...
--------------------------------

Judge Dredd creator talks new film

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/...-00-470-75.jpg

It’s no secret that the reaction to Judge Dredd, the Sylvester Stallone-starring adaptation of the famous 2000AD comic, was muted at best when the film hit our screens back in 1995.

However, that hasn’t stopped Lionsgate from reanimating the franchise in the form of Dredd, in which Karl Urban inherits the helmet from his grizzled predecessor. And according to Judge Dredd creator John Wagner, this version will be a lot more faithful to its source material.

Dredd homes in on the essential job of judging," says Wagner. "Instant justice in a violent future city... The plot is about Dredd and his world. It’s impossible to cover every aspect of the character and his city. Perhaps that was one of the failings of the first film. They tried to do too much and ended up with not a lot.”

“They told the wrong story,” says Wagner, warming to his theme. “It didn’t have that much to do with Dredd the character as we know him. I don’t think Stallone was a bad Dredd, though it would have been better and lent him more cred if he hadn’t revealed his face. He was just Dredd in the wrong story. I envy their budget, though. Some of the CGI was very good.”

Wagner is far more optimistic about the new adaptation. “I like the actors," he says. "They’re well cast and they handled their parts well. Olivia Thirlby is perfect as Anderson, the young psi judge. She gives the character a touching vulnerability. Karl Urban will not remove his helmet and will not kiss his co-star.”

Directed by Vantage Point’s Pete Travis, Dredd will open in the US on 21 September 2012, with a UK date yet to be confirmed.

----------------------------------

It has an R rating so at least you know you're gonna get some decent violence and shit..Here's some more pics..

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/...p/temp3223.jpg

KATO 06-16-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPHATEK (Post 2237775)
[COLOR=Cyan]

Karl Urban will not remove his helmet and will not kiss his co-star.”

That's what I like to see..... >:D

But I don't like the look of the girl.......

This will be good if it follows through as I liekd the 95' version.

KERZO 06-16-2012 05:24 PM

Although the first dredd movie was watchable, I hated how it was nothing like the comic. This new one is meant to be like the comic though and if so it'll be pretty good. Guess I'll have to wait and see though.

netscape check two 06-17-2012 06:24 PM

wasn't the first one of the biggest bombs of all time?

KERZO 06-28-2012 04:03 PM

Here's the trailer for DREDD -

Looks like a film I'd definitely enjoy.......I look forward to seeing it.

NIGHT MAYOR 06-28-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPHATEK (Post 2237780)
Although the first dredd movie was watchable, I hated how it was nothing like the comic. This new one is meant to be like the comic though and if so it'll be pretty good. Guess I'll have to wait and see though.

how was the 1995 one NOTHING like the comic ? i thought it was very similar apart from the lack of gore. :nerdy:

KERZO 06-28-2012 04:29 PM

You're right, that was an overstatement Ryan. The film did have alot of the original comic ideas in it but it just didn't seem like a proper take on it. It almost seemed like a parody of the comic and they stemmed away from it by having silly things like dredd taking his helmet off, etc.

I know you're a total comic geek so I think you appreciate how fucking dope this new dredd film looks.

EAGLE EYE 06-28-2012 04:45 PM

ha

This is the one movie i tried watching several times growing up, but always fell asleep or got distracted.

Finally watched it in full a while back and thought it was pretty ridiculous. Like lawnmower man ridiculous.

NIGHT MAYOR 06-29-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPHATEK (Post 2241127)
You're right, that was an overstatement Ryan. The film did have alot of the original comic ideas in it but it just didn't seem like a proper take on it. It almost seemed like a parody of the comic and they stemmed away from it by having silly things like dredd taking his helmet off, etc.

I know you're a total comic geek so I think you appreciate how fucking dope this new dredd film looks.

nah yeah it was bullshit kiddie like, i just thought it was the beez neez when it came to the big screen, cause i read that shit religiously b4 the movies dropped and i was like "you gotta watch this shite its gunna be awesome" to my mates - i still kinda like the movie for some weird reason.

the only problem with the comic was that here in aus you couldnt get a steady stream of stories, like youd miss alot of episodes and by the time you got a new comic it would be a different artist and writter, i just liked the gore in em, after 2000 ad my favs were punisher and venom.

my first tattoo was from a 2000 A.D. comic, it was from the batman vs dredd advertisment.

NIGHT MAYOR 06-29-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob (Post 2241135)
Like lawnmower man ridiculous.

lawnmower man is/was the shit, awesome idea (for that point in time)

JIGSAW45 07-02-2012 07:59 PM

Looks pretty badass,i fux with it.

KERZO 07-22-2012 05:32 PM

'Bum-Biggity-Bump'

RADIOACTIVE MAN 07-30-2012 07:39 AM

I will be seeng it

Ensō 12-28-2012 05:35 PM

It's much better than the 1995 Dredd.
Definitely worth a look.
Don't sleep>>>zzz

8 12-28-2012 07:19 PM

Saw this few minutes ago - very good.