Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Know The Ledge (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Black College Graduates Are Having A Hard Time Finding A Job (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117224)

CharlesJones 07-07-2012 02:14 PM

Black College Graduates Are Having A Hard Time Finding A Job

I read about this recently in Jet magazine and it saddens me that black college graduates are having a hard time getting a job. You would think that a college degree would be a big help for getting a job but that doesn't matter because the job world is a evil place especially for blacks. That's the way it's always gonna be. That's exactly why i didn't go to college because i knew it wouldn't guarantee me a good job and plus i didn't wanna be bothered with paying a lot of money back for school. I don't care what nobody says. Racist whites are the reason why there's a lot of unemployed blacks. Whites would rather hire foreigners than blacks because they feel foreigners are harder workers than blacks. Plus foreigners take a lot of jobs that blacks don't want and they'll take low pay which blacks won't take. I'm lucky i got the 2 jobs i got and i don't complain about my jobs because i finally found jobs that i like. I hate looking for a job and that's why i don't complain about my jobs because i could be unemployed. Being unemployed is a terrible situation and it can lead to depression and suicide. I thought about suicide before when i was unemployed and if i had killed myself, i wouldn't care because i'd rather be dead than be broke and alive.

Whites will never understand why some blacks sell drugs, steal, rob to get money because poor unemployed blacks aren't gonna sit around and wait on a white man to call them about a job. That's just the way it is. I don't think getting money the illegal way is a good thing but that's what unemployed black men are gonna do because they don't like being broke. Unemployed black women are gonna be prostitutes and club strippers to get money. I also think some black women have a bunch of kids on purpose so they can be on welfare and get free money, housing, food stamps so they don't have to work.

Big Smokes 07-07-2012 03:45 PM

did you hear about the guy a hopskins university ?

KATO 07-07-2012 05:14 PM

Blacks aren't the ONLY ones having trouble getting a job after graduating college.....e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e is, race is irrelevant regarding this issue.

John Nash 07-07-2012 06:15 PM

yes i co-sign with jordan michaelz except 4 possibly immigrants cuz theyll take anything. is there any stats or proof in this jet magazine 2 show that blacks r having a harder time

Shadow Demon 07-07-2012 06:26 PM

blah blah blah

Charles your a gimp

most people are facing shit like this, not just Blacks

and FYI

immigrant workers whether African, Arab, w/e are generally harder working than long time residents of a country

Lol @ thinking only black university graduates face a turbulent and crappy job market.

its obvious your one of these crumbs who blame whites for all your problems, because apparently their is no such thing as free will and individual values

diggy 07-07-2012 06:39 PM

I heard a few white and asian college grads that are children of coworkers of some of my fam members and yah it's tough, no matter what colour your skin is. Basically, in ma city, it's food service jobs or retail. Sucks.

KERZO 07-07-2012 06:44 PM

Where are those millionaires looking for hot man buttsex when ya need em eh?

check two 07-07-2012 07:46 PM

http://i.imgur.com/8VUyi.png

PALEFORCE 07-07-2012 07:54 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

whos that crab ass nigger supposed to be?

EAGLE EYE 07-07-2012 08:02 PM

Lil Fame of M.O.P

this is one of my more elaborate creations

THE W 07-07-2012 09:48 PM

too many job seekers and not enough entrepreneurs. there arent enough positions for all these job seekers. they need to establish their own positions.

KATO 07-08-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE W (Post 2243753)
too many job seekers and not enough entrepreneurs. there arent enough positions for all these job seekers. they need to establish their own positions.

I'd like to start my own establishment, but:

- having a lack of potential partnership to split costs, and attribute to the financial side of things makes it difficult

- having weak networking contacts, with little opportunity available to gain new ones

- lack of initial funds, and therefore paying for everything yourself which is usually taken out by a loan, given to you by a bank; and having to pay back sufficiently huge debt, which really sucks in a shit economy.

I've heard people taking lines-of-credit out to start a business, which is similar to a bank loan, but the interest rate is much lower......I don't know anyone who's opened their own business though.

Shadow Demon 07-08-2012 03:54 AM

^what about pooling resources with family

THE W 07-08-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Michaelz (Post 2243764)
I'd like to start my own establishment, but:

- having a lack of potential partnership to split costs, and attribute to the financial side of things makes it difficult

- having weak networking contacts, with little opportunity available to gain new ones

- lack of initial funds, and therefore paying for everything yourself which is usually taken out by a loan, given to you by a bank; and having to pay back sufficiently huge debt, which really sucks in a shit economy.

I've heard people taking lines-of-credit out to start a business, which is similar to a bank loan, but the interest rate is much lower......I don't know anyone who's opened their own business though.

who said it would be easy? it takes some doing but its far from impossible. there are tons of small and mid-size businesses out there. how did they get started?

another entrepreneurial option is for people to go into the skilled trades and charge people for their services. people are always gonna need things to be fixed, maintained or remodeled.

quite frankly more people really do need to learn skilled trades as the demand for them will never diminish and only increase.

KATO 07-08-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon (Post 2243790)
^what about pooling resources with family

Unfortunately not an option. The lack of funds is also a family issue, as well as the fact they don't share the same vision of the kind of establishment I would like to acquire. Plus their content with their choice of working for someone rather than themselves

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE W (Post 2243809)
who said it would be easy? it takes some doing but its far from impossible. there are tons of small and mid-size businesses out there. how did they get started?

another entrepreneurial option is for people to go into the skilled trades and charge people for their services. people are always gonna need things to be fixed, maintained or remodeled.

quite frankly more people really do need to learn skilled trades as the demand for them will never diminish and only increase.

Trades are always going to be there, but the conditions are shit. Why work and bust your ass in a career where:

- your option of having to use the bathroom results in having to use a porter potty in the middle of a 45+ degree weather, that hasn't been changed in about a month, and the lack on sanitary conditions are close to nil.

- You work with uneducated idiots, or convicts who use the word "fuck" like it was their last name throughout the day, get high on the job, get drunk on the job, because it's the only way to keep your sanity.

- The superiors in this line of work are fucking assholes who expect deadlines to be met using an unrealistic mindset, and in a line of work where they want "efficiency" and "quickness" rather than "quality" and "carefulness" it's difficult to comply when their job isn't on the line and ours is.

- overtime is usually a guarantee, and when you don't have the option to pick up dinner, and the last time you ate was 12pm, and you're working until 8pm, and are expected to be back by 6am the next morning, your cranky, pissed off, etc etc is bullshit

^ having that compared to working in an office where its got air conditioning in the summer, heat in the winter, you're seldomly on-call, get paid for sitting at an office where the majority of the time you're playing solitaire, you're almost always guaranteed to be off at 4pm everyday with always havign stat-holidays off and weekends off, have free coffee and tea at the companies expense, decent sanitary restrooms that are cleaned nightly, have catering brought to you regularly through the month, etc etc

I am describing the work conditions from working at RIM Technologies personally, and they have to be the most pampered assholes I've ever seen; why would you work through the alternative when this potentially could be an option, considering in trades you're probably making less than these I.T jag-offs, and you're doing more work than they could ever dream of doing getting paid HALF of that?......

I'd rather be a white collar over a blu collar any-day, unfortunately the white-collar profile is usually an option only assisted by knowing somebody rather than "what" you know