Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Slaughterhouse - "Hammer Dance" (EL-P REMIX) (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117349)

main_man 07-12-2012 02:42 PM

Slaughterhouse - "Hammer Dance" (EL-P REMIX)

gotta give producto some props for trying to polish up this turd.
http://new.official.fm/tracks/Dxt5

THUGNIFICENT 07-12-2012 04:07 PM

yeah, but it's still a turd.

GhettoGnom 07-13-2012 10:24 PM

El-P killed it..

This is what SH should try fucking with instead of that cee-lo clown dance shit

Big Smokes 07-17-2012 03:35 PM

thugnificent why you hate slaughterhouse so much dude

THUGNIFICENT 07-17-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smokes (Post 2247460)
thugnificent why you hate slaughterhouse so much dude

i dont hate them. i want them to make dope shit. and they have

but their ratio of trash to listenable songs is terrible.

they dont really have any musicality or identity... i mean, who are slaughterhouse? what is their style? they're just four niggas who rap. the only one in that group with a unique identity is buddens, and we all know how much of a herb he is.

to make things worse they always run around talking abotu they're the greatest group around and shit. interviews, songs, etc., they always talking about how amazing and super-lyrical and game changing they are...

but in actuality they're four dudes who make mediocre hip-hop. their music is lifeless.

and, to reiterate, both hammer dance and its el-p remix (this is coming from a well-documented el-p sycophant.) are trash. the slaughterhouse lp will be trash too, just like the first one.

Big Smokes 07-17-2012 03:52 PM

so you dont like royce music?

THUGNIFICENT 07-17-2012 04:08 PM

meh

death is certain
bar exam 1

other than that not really. in the past couple years he's been on a pretty steady decline. same as joell. and crooked's in eternal record purgatory

Big Smokes 07-17-2012 04:34 PM

what about his verse on bad meets evil?

THUGNIFICENT 07-17-2012 04:41 PM

13 years ago

Big Smokes 07-17-2012 04:44 PM

no the album he put out with em not the song smh

THUGNIFICENT 07-17-2012 04:46 PM

you should have pluralized "verse."

his 16s were almost unanimously weak on that bad meets evil shit. he could hardly keep up with late-career scream-flow eminem. i havent listened to that thing since it dropped last year, though.

main_man 07-17-2012 04:47 PM

yeah, im a el-p fan and even producto cant help this dead-in-the-water song.

royce is as versatile an mc as you can get. he needs to do a callabo album with a dope producer.

and ortiz is talented as hell.

is just when all 4 of them get together, they make incoherent bullshit. especially all the shit i've been hearing off this new shady album.
if its gonna sound like the shit they've been putting out its gonna make their first album feel like a underground classic.

claaa7 07-18-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT (Post 2247493)
meh

death is certain
bar exam 1

other than that not really. in the past couple years he's been on a pretty steady decline. same as joell. and crooked's in eternal record purgatory

co-sign, ive been a Royce fan since i first heard the "Boom" 12" and i immediatly bought "Rock City".. it had its joints, but then "Death is Certain" came and that's a really good album... 2007 with "Bar Exam" blew me away, fucking LOVE that tape!!! but since then it went downhill imo, "Street Hop" had some amazing joints... i would say it had a 30/70 ratio (meaning 60-70% of it were wack).

the Bad Meets Evil verses might have been good from both him and Em, but the beats? COME ON!!!

i'm a fan of Joell Ortiz to a certain degree, i loved "Brick Bodega Chronicles", and some joints i've heard since has been amazing like "Project Boy", "Oh!", "Sing Like Bilal" and a few more. but Slaughterhouse as a group, naaaah... i bope hey suprise me, and that "Welcome to Our House" is an incredible project, i would be the first to admit it's amazing.

"Bar Exam" and "Brick Bodega Chronicles" is the best releases this four man crew has released by faaaar imo. they had a few good posse cut though, i really liked the song they had on "Street Hop" and there's prolly some more.

THUGNIFICENT 07-18-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claaa7 (Post 2247864)
co-sign, ive been a Royce fan since i first heard the "Boom" 12" and i immediatly bought "Rock City".. it had its joints, but then "Death is Certain" came and that's a really good album... 2007 with "Bar Exam" blew me away, fucking LOVE that tape!!! but since then it went downhill imo, "Street Hop" had some amazing joints... i would say it had a 30/70 ratio (meaning 60-70% of it were wack).

that's the thing with royce, he obviously has the ability to be a great emcee - as in next level, god tier type emcee - but never seems to deliver on his potential. he can write verses and also concepts (like "part of me" from street hop, first one that comes to mind), and has ghostwritten some successful songs, but he's never been able to put the peices together. this is one of the reasons i'm so hard on SH -- it's frustrating watching these guys' careers as a fan of hip-hop.

Quote:

"Bar Exam" and "Brick Bodega Chronicles" is the best releases this four man crew has released by faaaar imo. they had a few good posse cut though, i really liked the song they had on "Street Hop" and there's prolly some more.
this is the only song by slaughterhouse that REALLY works for me. if they could come at this level consistently i'd be the biggest slaughterhouse fan out there.

(also, if you like bodega chronicles you might as well check out free agent. some good stuff on there. also joell ortiz covers the classic -- joell's bar exam, essentially.)

Reiko 07-19-2012 06:45 PM

not feelin slaughterhouse lately... joell has to bring back that brick shit !!