Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Box Office Hideout (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Menace II Society Is The Best Hood Movie (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118131)

CharlesJones 08-25-2012 01:13 PM

Menace II Society Is The Best Hood Movie

I think Menace II Society is better than Boyz N The Hood, New Jack City, Juice, Paid In Full. Menace has so many classic funny scenes and the actors Tyrin Turner who was Caine, Larenz Tate, Clifton Powell, MC Eiht, Jada Pinkett all did a good job. The soundtrack is classic. My favorite funny scenes is when MC Eiht, Larenz and some other people go to the gas station and MC Eiht says who got some snaps on the petro hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. When i first heard that, i said what is petro? LOL. I heard him say snaps earlier when he was gambling with Larenz and Clifton at a party. So i figured snaps meant money. Another funny scene i like is when Larenz, Clifton, MC Eiht, Caine are watching the robbery store on tape and Clifton says Wax, check out Caine standing back there with a 40 looking like a sucker LOL. So when Larenz shoots the asian guy on the tape, Clifton says oh oh oh, give it to me nigga, you shot that Korean muthafucka LOL. Another funny scene is when a nerd white guy comes to the hood to see Clifton and Clifton says why you come to this muthafucka so early all the time. White guy said you said 1:00. Clifton said i don't give a fuck what i said nigga(he called the white guy a nigga LOL). I don't get out the bed until 2:30. Don't come through this muthafucka so god damn early next time nigga LOL. The white guy said understood LOL.

Props to The Hughes Brothers for directing this classic and they also used rappers who had small parts who didn't have acting experience like MC Pooh, Saafir, Too Short, Yo Yo. Charles Dutton was also in this and he's a good actor who's been around a long time. I don't know if ya'll remember Samuel Jackson in this but he was Caine's father and he was the one that was cussing out his friend who owed him some money and Samuel killed him. The Hughes Brothers also did the classic Dead Presidents. It's sad that they didn't make anymore good movies after Dead Presidents. I'm kinda surprised Tyrin Turner's career didn't take off after Menace II Society. I watched him on Youtube a few weeks ago in Panther movie about the black panthers in the 70's in Oakland, CA. I forgot he was in that. Props to Larenz Tate because his career took off after Menace and he's a good actor.

tekunique 08-25-2012 04:28 PM

who got some snaps on the petro ???

Dirty Knowledge 08-25-2012 05:47 PM

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...0,214,317_.jpg

theheavens 08-25-2012 08:35 PM

New Jack City is the most political, Boyz n the Hood has the best script and dialogue, Belly is the best-looking visually, but Menace II Society is the grittiest and bleakest

MaskedAvenger 08-25-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekunique (Post 2258785)
who got some snaps on the petro ???

lol

Fresh 08-26-2012 05:40 PM

new jersey drive

check two 08-26-2012 05:51 PM

Cooley High

JIGSAW45 08-28-2012 10:24 PM

New jersey drives def a sleeper, strong second place for juice, menace is my shit tho! Ayo wax...wassup with them grits im hugrier than a muuufukka! Clifton powell was epic in this flic. Wax was my dude tho, he was surgical with that desert eagle.

KATO 08-29-2012 07:58 AM

d.d.d.d.d.d....do I stutter mutha fucka?!?!?!!

PANDA PISS 08-29-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by check two (Post 2259092)
Cooley High

one of my favorites but its blaxpolitation/coming of age not hood flick.

menace 2 society is great. i'm tempted to say clockers, fresh or la haine are better though.

CharlesJones 10-13-2012 02:58 PM

Menace II Society soundtrack is classic. My favorite songs on there is Nigga Gots No Heart with Spice 1, Streiht Up Menace with MC Eiht, You Been Played with Smooth, Lick Dem Muthafuckas with Brand Nubian, Death Becomes You with Pete Rock and CL Smooth, The P Is Still Free with KRS One.

JIGSAW45 10-13-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM (Post 2260257)
one of my favorites but its blaxpolitation/coming of age not hood flick.

menace 2 society is great. i'm tempted to say clockers, fresh or la haine are better though.

Repped...clockers was another dope hood flick.

RADIOACTIVE MAN 10-14-2012 07:29 PM

Go check out 4 life

Another good one...it's indie tho

RADIOACTIVE MAN 10-14-2012 07:31 PM

Go check out 4 life

Another good one...it's indie tho

JIGSAW45 10-18-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesJones (Post 2271824)
Menace II Society soundtrack is classic. My favorite songs on there is Nigga Gots No Heart with Spice 1, Streiht Up Menace with MC Eiht, You Been Played with Smooth, Lick Dem Muthafuckas with Brand Nubian, Death Becomes You with Pete Rock and CL Smooth, The P Is Still Free with KRS One.

Speakin of soudtracks...remember when u could cop soundtracks cuz they were PACKED with bangers!? I still think juice was the hardest soundtrack ever!