Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sound Shack (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Thievery Corporation (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118290)

Urban_Journalz 09-02-2012 10:57 AM

Thievery Corporation
 
I'm almost positive that somewhere in the great amount of posts that precede this one, someone has given these men their due props. If not, shame.

I was exposed to unexpectedly while listening to Sirus satellite radio. Went to Amoeba Records while in L.A. (all of you Angelinos know the awesomeness that is Amoeba) and copped, "The Richest Man In Babylon" by TC.

For me, this is one of those rare albums that comes along only once in a few years. Maybe once per decade.

Anyone else like these guys?

Urban_Journalz 09-03-2012 08:07 PM

Too bad. You're missing out.

Longbongcilvaringz 09-05-2012 05:37 AM

They have made some nice music, i listened to that album and "Mirror Conspiracy" a lot.

All of their stuff is very smooth.



Have you listened to their other albums? Are they worth getting?

food for thought 09-05-2012 08:53 AM

Ive always liked what ive heard from them

I wanted to go see them when they played a show here recently last month

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI 09-05-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz (Post 2261323)
I'm almost positive that somewhere in the great amount of posts that precede this one, someone has given these men their due props. If not, shame.

I was exposed to unexpectedly while listening to Sirus satellite radio. Went to Amoeba Records while in L.A. (all of you Angelinos know the awesomeness that is Amoeba) and copped, "The Richest Man In Babylon" by TC.

For me, this is one of those rare albums that comes along only once in a few years. Maybe once per decade.

Anyone else like these guys?


Thanks for the heads up.

I will check out all of their albums.

Urban_Journalz 09-06-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canibusfan420 (Post 2262052)
They have made some nice music, i listened to that album and "Mirror Conspiracy" a lot.

All of their stuff is very smooth.



Have you listened to their other albums? Are they worth getting?

I haven't gotten a chance to listen to that album yet. How does it compare to The Richest Man In Babylon? I mean, what are the differences?

Urban_Journalz 09-06-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by food for thought (Post 2262064)
Ive always liked what ive heard from them

I wanted to go see them when they played a show here recently last month

A friend of mine told me that one of them passed away not too long ago. Is that true??

Uncle Steezo 09-06-2012 02:02 PM

i own a mirror conspiracy cd. dope as fuck.
if you like theivery then you'll also like fila brasilia, tosca and moodorama.
tosca


fila brasilia


moodorama



and honorable mention goes to this song

Meta4 09-08-2012 05:37 PM

I'm really feelin that 'Lebanese Blonde" track, my type of music. Props on the thread imma check out their disco.

Urban_Journalz 09-15-2012 06:55 PM

Good lookin' STYLE, definitely gonna check those artists out. Sick tracks.

Urban_Journalz 09-15-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI (Post 2262195)
Thanks for the heads up.

I will check out all of their albums.

Happy to help man.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one