Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   6 Reasons Why NY Hip-Hop Fell Off (Nice Read) (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119174)

Hollow Dartz 10-25-2012 06:00 PM

6 Reasons Why NY Hip-Hop Fell Off (Nice Read)

http://escobar300.wordpress.com/2011...the-rap-scene/

Thoughts?

THE MASON 10-25-2012 10:04 PM

solid points. agree with them all. but it aint just NY, that can be applied to every region of hip hop imo. albeit, the east is prolly the most at fault

tekunique 10-25-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Let me be the first to say that I love NY hip hop as much as any region. Even though I grew up listening to nothing but West Coast and Dirty South music.
this idiot says this comment on his opening statement. way to get readers to take your cliche opinions even remotely seriously.

Hollow Dartz 10-25-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekunique (Post 2275283)
this idiot says this comment on his opening statement. way to get readers to take your cliche opinions even remotely seriously.

you sound mad my brotha lol, it's coming from someone whose not biased.

CEITEDMOFO 10-25-2012 10:19 PM

THE BIGGEST POINT IS THAT THE NY DJs HOPPED ON THE SOUTHS DICK

tekunique 10-25-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz (Post 2275284)
you sound mad my brotha lol, it's coming from someone whose not biased.

not really, Dart. im sayin the dude flat out says he grew up listening to nothing but west coast & dirty south hip hop. i aint blastin him for not being from NYC but if it wasnt part of you comin up all you got is half assed opinions on the subject.

WooHa 10-26-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekunique (Post 2275292)
not really, Dart. im sayin the dude flat out says he grew up listening to nothing but west coast & dirty south hip hop. i aint blastin him for not being from NYC but if it wasnt part of you comin up all you got is half assed opinions on the subject.

totally agreed

Young Gun 10-26-2012 07:50 AM

I especially agree with the 4th point. Too many cats are comin up with far less skill these days, and get pissy when they can't outdo the legends. Maybe if these cats focused more on CONTENT instead of the same ol' redundant "I'm the best" raps, some progress would be made.

Hip Hop used to educate the masses. Now, if your track appeals to the strip club- you've made it....

Hollow Dartz 10-26-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekunique (Post 2275292)

Ok i get your point.

Apocalypse 10-26-2012 01:13 PM

in my opinion, too much bling-bling, rnb hooks and yeah, beef...

we need more cats like Exquire, Roc Marciano or even ASAP Rocky.

WooHa 10-26-2012 02:28 PM

don't worry, eXquire is bringing it bacc

infinite vagina 10-26-2012 02:54 PM

we need more people like smoke dza and action bronson.

TheFunkyDrummer 10-26-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite vagina (Post 2275497)
we need more people like smoke dza and action bronson.

Smoke DZA (or his productionteam) is the master of ruļning the most amazing samples. He flips like 10 different samples after I did it and he takes a great part but ruļned it with your average Marco Polo FL drums.

Sky Blue Bally Kid 10-27-2012 08:57 AM

Agree with point 3, probably 95% of lyrics I hear in rap (underground or mainstream) are the same tired crap...

CharlesJones 10-27-2012 11:09 AM

I agree with the article and it's good. The writer makes a lot of good points. New York rappers that's new need to read this article because they can learn something. I do notice that some New York rappers have copied southern rappers and westcoast rappers trends and that's something New York rappers never did in the past. I like the picture in the article that shows DJ Premier, Big Daddy Kane, KRS One, Styles P, Rakim together.