Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Madlib help! Don't reply if you aren't a Madlib enthusiast, or have wack beat taste (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119708)

War and Peace 11-28-2012 10:02 PM

Madlib help! Don't reply if you aren't a Madlib enthusiast, or have wack beat taste

Been busy, plus Madlib drops so much material, I'm way behind - the following are a few of my fav Madlib beats, not counting Madvillain [all no-brainers]; recommend me some beats from his more recent work in this vein>

Real Eyes
Boom Music
The Clown (Episode C)
Slim's Return
The Payback (Gotta)

VORTEX 11-29-2012 04:22 AM

Slim's return is dope as fuck, i got mad love for the whole "Shades of Blue" album. If you feel that type of shit then from the same album "Please set me at ease" & "Distant Land".
He also produced some nicely flipped beats for Freddie Gibbs, can't wait for their Collab' to drop some fucking day... "Thuggin'" & "Shame" are DOPE! got em both on vinyl just for those beats man...

Dunno what exactly you are looking for, but throw some deeper info on what you are looking for!

Peace

VORTEX 11-29-2012 04:27 AM

"The Birth of Petey Wheatstraw" From Seeds with G.A.M.
But Blu also took that instrumental and spit some on it, however i think it was without green light from Madlib. the whole "Blu-Madlib" shit was on the net for a short period of time, and unmastered as always, however if you were quick backl then you could DL it from bandbase or Soundcloud... can't remember which! . I must stress tho' i DON'T condone DL's and shit.

TheFunkyDrummer 11-29-2012 04:42 AM

All the Beat Kondukta's basically. Fallin' from Guilty Simpson, but most of the times I listen to the instrumental. Madlib is one of the most versatile producers. Quasimoto beats are underrated; Bus Ride, Greenery & Privacy for example. He provided half of the Jaylib beats, check out Survival Test, The Official & Strapped. Shades Of Blue is his best solo album definitely, he's at so many different chambers on there. Also 62 Beats, unreleased material from 2005. MED was using beats from this 7 year old tape on his latest album 'Classic'.

I don't know if Jaylib is a no brainer for you, but I put it out there anyway. Shades Of Blue is obvious to me as well, but then again Madlib is one of my favorite producers of all time.

I'm going to bump Whutkanido right now lol

TheFunkyDrummer 11-29-2012 04:46 AM

Medicine Show doesn't belong to my Madlib favorites, but this one right here is great. Also check out his latest work with Freddie Gibbs (Thuggin' in 2011 and Shame in 2012)

laolu 11-29-2012 04:51 AM

Montara
Soon the New Day
Auditorium (Get It Right on Beat Konducta, Volume 3 & 4: In India
Stones Throw 2007)

TheFunkyDrummer 11-29-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laolu (Post 2285019)
Montara

Those drums prove that Madlib is one of the greatest. Underrated track.

Another Madlib classic you can smoke to

Maddd

laolu 11-30-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE GENIUS (Post 2285068)
Those drums prove that Madlib is one of the greatest. Underrated track.

Word.