Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What Happened To The Middle Man? (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119775)

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 09:16 AM

What Happened To The Middle Man?

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia...-evolution.gif

if humans and neanderthals were descended from apes, and we still have apes and humans, what happened to neanderthals?

hashashin 12-03-2012 09:20 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neander...ion_hypotheses

No need to thank me :)

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 09:22 AM

anything else? or do you just rely on wiki? i should have known that's where you get all your 'knowledge'.

hashashin 12-03-2012 09:27 AM

well seeing as I wasn't around during the time of neanderthals it's the best I can do for you!

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 09:28 AM

your knowledge revovles around wiki. get out if you got nothing to add.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 09:38 AM

wiki thinks it could either be:
  • failure to adjust to climate change
  • violent conflicts with other neanderthals and animals
  • rapid extinction through ill health

i'm thinking the second one. i'm thinking they might have been cannibals too.

hashashin 12-03-2012 09:47 AM

slags me off for using wiki, bases her opinion off wiki link I provided......smh lol :)

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 09:48 AM

i was thinking cannibalism before i checked your link. i tweeted cannibalism at 3.32pm. then i checked your link. |)

hashashin 12-03-2012 09:50 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/28082186.jpg

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 09:52 AM

i tweeted the word canniblism at 3.32pm. then i checked your link. |)

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Rapid extinction by parasites and pathogens

Another possibility raised by Diamond and others, paralleling colonialist history, would be a greater susceptibility on the part of the Neanderthals to pathogens introduced by Cro-Magnon man. Diamond argues that asymmetry in susceptibility to pathogens is a consequence of the difference in lifestyle.[citation needed]. A pandemic will generally have a limited mortality because the pathogen needs a host in order to spread. If two species are similar and live side by side, then the survival of one species becomes less important for the pathogen, and in the end it may have three outcomes: divergence, exchange of genes, or downfall. The evidence supporting this claim that Neanderthals were cannibals comes from the study of skulls. By examining skulls, scientists noticed that they were cut and smashed with tools to reveal the brain.[17] At the site of Ardeche, France, scientists found over 100 specimen of Neanderthals with evidence of cannibalism.[18] In addition to human brain, scientists also believe that the Neanderthals ate the brain of other mammals, perhaps as some sort of ritual. Scientists know today that eating the brain of a deceased mammal can lead to spongiform encephalopathy.[19] This condition is always fatal and is similar to that of mad cow disease. This disease would have spread throughout communities fast because the Neanderthals would not be able to realize why it is occurring. Within 250 years the Neanderthals population size could have shrunk to irreversible levels.[20] This disease, along with the other mentioned hypothesis, could have been a main factor leading to their demise.

saying that, there are monkeys that are cannibals and they haven't died out. monkeys are just as prone to disease as neanderthals, right? neanderthals eating diseased neanderthals. monkeys eating diseased monkeys.

did neanderthals have any agricultural skills? if they did i could see them fighting over land.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Coexistence prior to extinction

Neanderthals and modern humans coexisted in Europe for several thousand years, but the duration of this period is uncertain.[3] Modern humans may have first migrated to Europe 40Ė43,000 years ago,[4] and Neanderthals may have lived as recently as 24,000 years ago in refugia on the south coast of the Iberian peninsula such as Gorham's Cave.[5][6] Inter-stratification of Neanderthal and modern human remains has been suggested,[7] but is disputed.[8]
To further provide evidence to the claim that Neanderthals and modern humans coexisted, we can look at the work of Mellars, Gravina, and Ramsey. They discussed that there was a series of radiocarbon accelerator mass spectrometer measurements for the site of Chatelperron in central France, which was said to present a clear "interstratification" of successive levels of Neanderthal and modern human occupation, based on the archeological findings provided by Henri Delporte in the 1950s.[9] In western European caves, the archeological levels show altering uses of the same place based on the two different types of bones found. Modern humans and Neanderthals coexisting created a slight disturbance in the stratigraphic and archiological sequence of the areas they shared. This proves that they coexisted and somehow impacted each other.[10] The first Neanderthal draft genome suggests that Neanderthals made a small, but obvious contribution to the ancestry of modern humans.[11] Two Neanderthal fossil specimens were discovered at Mezmaiskaya during excavations (the skeleton of a Neanderthal neote and 24 cranial fragments of an infant) were found in the Middle Paleolithic layer. This proves Neanderthal survival in the Caucasus period.[12] The Caucasus was said to be one of the times that AMH populations were established. This being said, it can be concluded that Neanderthals and AMH coexisted in several areas.[13]

if neandethals and humans coexisted i reckon they would have fought over land and humans ate all the neanderthals.

rakimkoolgrapwutang 12-03-2012 10:48 AM

http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...lved-from-apes

Quote:

Well then, why donít we ask the obvious question: If humans evolved from apes, then why do apes still exist today? If they evolved into humans, the apes should naturally be gone . . . right?

Well, no, not really.

This argument shows a misunderstanding of what evolutionists actually believe about human evolution. The evolutionary concept of the origin of humans is not based on humans descending from modern apes but, rather, argues that humans and modern apes share a common ancestor.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ 12-03-2012 10:52 AM

the question is about the middle man. if they all descended from one common ancestor what happened to the middle man?

rakimkoolgrapwutang 12-03-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ (Post 2286139)
the question is about the middle man. if they all descended from one common ancestor what happened to the middle man?

either evolved into humans or died out. one or the other.