Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Chronic is Massively Overrated... (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119997)

noel411 12-15-2012 08:00 PM

The Chronic is Massively Overrated...

imo.

It wouldn't even be in my top 20 west coast albums. Maybe not even close if I actually thought about it. I love the NWA albums, Cube's early albums, Eazy-Duz-It, Doggystyle, Dogg Food, even Regulate if you want to throw that in the mix, but The Chronic has just never been particularly memorable to me. It's a good album, but that's about it.

That's all. I just thought I'd share that. You now have the opportunity to comment on it if you'd like to. You don't have to though. You could just leave the thread in silence. I won't hold it against you.

netscape check two 12-15-2012 08:14 PM

I would always get irritated when they would censor those big breasts when that girl's bikini top got pulled down, in the Ain't nuthin but a g thang baby video.

Fishscale123 12-15-2012 08:33 PM

Anything from the Sac-Town makes anything that Dr. Dre made look like child's play

Black Market Records >>>>>>>>>>> Death Row

theheavens 12-16-2012 03:03 AM

I can't believe Death Row went downhill so fast after 2pac's death. then again, people were getting tired of west coast bullshit and NY was taking their music back

sickdog 12-16-2012 03:06 AM

chornic is in my top 10 of westcoast albums. classick shit.

hashashin 12-16-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noel411 (Post 2289454)
The Chronic has just never been particularly memorable to me. It's a good album, but that's about it.

Pretty much how I feel about it too, always thought it was overrated too though I get why many people regard it as a classic

muscularghandi 12-16-2012 03:56 AM

Couldn't agree more. Doggystyle puts Chronic to shame IMO.

ShaDynasty 12-16-2012 05:13 AM

You guys are retards.

beautifulrock 12-16-2012 03:28 PM

^^^seconded

TheFunkyDrummer 12-17-2012 05:58 AM

The Chronic is definitely a classic even tho I don't digg it you can tell from the influence alone. I think if it was a NY album it would not have been this succesful because that album and some others were putting Westcoast on the map

Overall I still think the album is extremely overrated.

spammy sosa 12-17-2012 06:04 AM

dj quik is better than dr. dre

Longbongcilvaringz 12-17-2012 06:17 AM

It had huge impact.... sampled p-funk.... still sounds good today. It might not be the greatest album ever, but it's definitely a "classic" if any West Coast album is.

Dre might not be the best rapper or producer, but he was extremely influential and other West Coast classics of this period owe a lot to him.

Longbongcilvaringz 12-17-2012 06:23 AM

And people like it because it comes together well as an album and is produced and mastered well....

CharlesJones 12-22-2012 11:20 AM

For ya'll retards who say The Chronic is overrated and Doggystyle is better, please shut the fuck up. The Chronic is one of the best westcoast albums of all time. I would put it in my top 5 westcoast albums. I still play it often. I love the songs Fuck With Dre Day, Let Me Ride, Nuthin But A G Thing, Deez Nuts, A Nigga Witta Gun, Rat Tat Tat Tat, Lyrical Gangbang, High Powered, Stranded On Death Row, Bitches Ain't Shit. There really isn't one bad song on there. The skits are funny too. I wish the song Puffin On Blunts And Drankin Tanqueray was on there. That's a hard song. I like Kurupt's lyrics when he said i don't drink no fucking VSOP. I drink that muthafucking OG OE LOL. Lady Of Rage's lyrics are hard on there also. Daz should've been left off that song. Dr Dre, Snoop, RBX could've taken Daz's spot. Chronic album cover is classic too.

Too bad his Chronic 2001 album isn't as good as the first one. To the person who said DJ Quik is better than Dre, i don't think so. Dre was in one of the hardest groups of all time which is NWA and he's produced a lot of good rappers and done good solo music. I just be mad at him sometimes because he hasn't released a lot of solo albums and he should've put out some more after the first Chronic because he made his fans wait too long for Chronic 2001.

Apocalypse 12-22-2012 11:23 AM

chronic iz a classic...