Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan

Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Shop (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KenDrick LaMar Good kid Mad city album is mediocre (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120025)

money4life 12-17-2012 03:10 PM

KenDrick LaMar Good kid Mad city album is mediocre

So I finally listened to this GKMC album to see what all the hype was about. I have to honestly say this album is mediocre at best and this album shows how bad the state of hip hop is right now. I actually dont have any bias against Kendrick Lamar, I actually like some of his previous work but have to say this album has no originality. Sometimes he sounds like Andre 3000 and other times he sounds like big boi.

I cant believe this album is supposedly meant to be one of the best album of 2012 .
I can understand why SHYNE thinks the album is thrash. Everyone is just gassing this kid up..... Nas Life is good, Masta Killa's selling my soul album are better albums

Fishscale123 12-17-2012 03:18 PM

i like how he says he's from compton but wears a harlem sweatshirt and reps dj screw

clever shit

TheFunkyDrummer 12-17-2012 04:39 PM

Yes, bad album, but so is Life Is Good. I can see why people like it if you compare it to the rest of the BS that came out this year.

CEITEDMOFO 12-17-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money4life (Post 2289979)
So I finally listened to this GKMC album to see what all the hype was about. I have to honestly say this album is mediocre at best and this album shows how bad the state of hip hop is right now. I actually dont have any bias against Kendrick Lamar, I actually like some of his previous work but have to say this album has no originality. Sometimes he sounds like Andre 3000 and other times he sounds like big boi.

I cant believe this album is supposedly meant to be one of the best album of 2012 .
I can understand why SHYNE thinks the album is thrash. Everyone is just gassing this kid up..... Nas Life is good, Masta Killa's selling my soul album are better albums

ID RATHER LISTEN TO A YOUNG PROMISING KID WHO TRYS TO SOUND LIKE OUTKAST THAN YOUNG JEEZy

UNCLE RUCKUS 12-17-2012 05:37 PM

How are those bad albums?

VORTEX 12-17-2012 05:49 PM

Good Kid M.A.A.D. City is a good album - Def' grown on me!

ShaDynasty 12-17-2012 05:53 PM

I heard a much stronger bone thugs influence on this album.

Its a good album. it takes a minute to get into. kind of quasi west coast gangsta rap, it sounds west coast but also modern commercial style.

money4life 12-17-2012 09:34 PM

So monotonous and he aint really saying nothing. His verses are not memorable. No quotable verses.... Can anyone quote a verse on the album that makes you go damn

Fishscale123 12-17-2012 09:37 PM

I like how everybody is dick riding that one track with MC Eiht when all of the old school west coast fans would tell you that Eiht sucked complete balls on it.

Shit is straight white boy music with this album just like Odd Future and Hopsin

check two 12-17-2012 09:40 PM

Can somebody merge all these Lamar threads? Section 80 was overrated and ceited gets fat boy boner everytime Lamar's name is mentioned.

daffy duck 12-18-2012 01:22 AM

future - pluto > gkmc

VORTEX 12-18-2012 03:19 AM

It's the whole concept of the album that is dope aswell...
there's a lack of dudes who can actually pull that off especially nowadays, without stepping out of the red line nah mean. To me, this shit is original in every way.
Good album, good vibes + when you listen you can hear he got his heart with him.

I'm all bout good music, and this falls perfectly in that category!

VORTEX 12-18-2012 04:23 AM

talking bout monotone and saying nothing really, how do you feel bout' the new Sean Price shit? - Cause' Mic Tyson' be BOTH those things... just pure entertainment!

Longbongcilvaringz 12-18-2012 06:31 AM

It had some standout tracks but overall is kind of forgettable. I listen to Backseat Freestyle and a couple of other tracks every now and then, but will never play most of it again.

GhettoGnom 12-18-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money4life (Post 2289979)
this album has no originality. Sometimes he sounds like Andre 3000 and other times he sounds like big boi.
[...]
Nas Life is good, Masta Killa's selling my soul album are better albums

Lol, no.
Not heard MK's album yet though. But based on what I've heard.. No.
Life Is Good was mediocre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by money4life (Post 2290103)
So monotonous and he aint really saying nothing. His verses are not memorable. No quotable verses.... Can anyone quote a verse on the album that makes you go damn

Everyone can make a quotable verse, Kendrick just made a cohesive album front to back. There's only a handful of rappers capable of doing that.

Saying nothing? Give it another couple of spins.

With that said, this isn't a top 3 AOTY for me.